Arma2 .pbo error

Sieegfreed

Hello, I'm having a problem to play DayZ EPOCH mod.

I already uninstall and reinstall the game from steam, move AddOns to OA, used  "-mod=@DayZ_Epoch;" and I have been tried lots of things to try to fix this error.

this message continue every time I try to log in any server, a .pbo problem...

please, can some one help me to fix this issue? 

thank you for the attention!

C1WRd3W.jpg

well, Im using 1.0.6.1 and the server looks use same: "Arma 2, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, Arma 2: British Armed Forces (Lite), Arma 2: Private Military Company (Lite), DayZ Epoch 1.0.6.1, @DayZ_Epoch_Server"

I dont understand, my friends can join this server, and others, without problems, and I cant enter in any server... 

I dont know what to do anymore :(

Just now, Sieegfreed said:

well, Im using 1.0.6.1 and the server looks use same: "Arma 2, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, Arma 2: British Armed Forces (Lite), Arma 2: Private Military Company (Lite), DayZ Epoch 1.0.6.1, @DayZ_Epoch_Server"

I dont understand, my friends can join this server, and others, without problems, and I cant enter in any server... 

I dont know what to do anymore :(

just for know.. are you taking your epoch client files from here? http://epochmod.com/a2dayzepoch.php

Do you have this file:dayz_epoch106.bikey  in your ....\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@DayZ_Epoch16\Keys\

your expansions looks like this: (forgot phantera island its just a map)

Arm_A2_OA_2017-10-10_11-41-34-20.png

So just for test.. remove any kind of parameters i notice that you was using  "- mod= @DayZ_Epoch;"

Start arma2 one single time close it. (from steam launcher)

Start arma2oa  from your steam launcher...Not with dayz_launcher or that sh***   (clean version without mods) 

Go to your main menu, expansions and let activated the mods : arma2, arma2oa, BAF,PMC, and epoch161.

restart arma2oa (allways by steam launcher)

go again to the expansions menu and check if all of this mods are still actives..  if yes then try to join in a dayz epoch 1.6.1 server.

**note: with steam launcher i mean this way:

Spoiler

Sin_t_tulo.jpg

Just now, Sieegfreed said:

Hi Juandayz, I tried what you ask and continue having the same problem...

my frend have in his mods: "Dayz, Epoch and Epoch 1.0.6." and for me apperas "Dayz, Arma2 Dayz Mod and Epoch" dont appears any Epoch 1.0.6.1

server and client are in the same version 1.0.6.1

the tip is.. check how your :  \steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ looks-

you will see all your mods with an @ in front of the folder name.

for my epoch 16 the folder is @DayZ_Epoch161

this is mine:

Spoiler

Sin_t_tulo22.jpg

then you must go to your game, expansions.. and activate this folder/mod.

Spoiler

Arm_A2_OA_2017-10-10_11-41-34-20.png

Do not active the Dayz Mod or others mods.. jsut arma,arma2,BAF,PMC and epoch

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2017 at 7:14 PM, Sieegfreed said:

ok, I needed to format the PC and reinstall windows - drivers - steam - arma2 - mods... now its working... its was hard... thank you Juandayz, Richie and lunatikCH for try to help!

Arma with mods can be a B*tch to launch properly. I struggled with it for a long time.

But, theres a fool proof way of getting into any server, bypassing the launchers. You just need to to know the IP, port and mods the server uses and use a custom windows batch file.

all my servers, i connect to them through bat files. I have 4 servers.

Here is the BAT file if ever you run into issues launching mods again.

Spoiler

@echo off
echo ===============================
echo Server Join Batch
echo ===============================
echo JOINING SERVER IN .....
timeout 3

::===============================================================================================================================================
::Configuration| Edit these to the proper file paths ==============================================================================================================================================
::---> ===============================================================================================================================================
:: YOUR Steam Directory
set STEAMPATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
:: YOUR Arma 2 Directory not arma 2 OA
set arma2path=N:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 2
:: Server IP    
set IP=158.69.23.196
:: Server Port
set PORT=2302
:: Server mods
set MODS=@DayzOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch
::---> ===============================================================================================================================================

::===============================================================================================================================================
:: DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING BELLOW THIS LINE OR YOU WILL BREAK THIS FILE ==============================================================================================================================================

start ""  "%STEAMPATH%\steam.exe" -applaunch 33930 "-mod=%ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca;%MODS%" -connect=%IP% -port=%PORT%  -password=%PASSWORD% -nosplash -noPause -skipIntro

@exit

The things you need to pay attention to are the 2 paths, they need to be yours.

The IP and port like i mentioned earlier.

And the mods. The mods need to be named exactly like in your PC. should be in the arma 2 OA directory.

Sometimes the dayz launcher will put your mods in a folder in your documents. But honestly they should be in your arma 2 OA directory. and this BAT file wont work if the mods are NOT in your arma 2 OA folder.