Isn't dev work fun?

iben

Currently working on autoclaim system for AI missions. First version already succesfully running on populated server for some time, so having fun with further improvements befor public release.
OK, just created simulated mission zone to start testing, when suddenly... totally unexpected agent comes...

E6AEF4544E40654D96094D558BC9219F78FBEB5B

So tell me... isn't dev work fun? :)

Cheers...

1 hour ago, juandayz said:

@iben the new version recognize others players in mission zone and punish if they not leave the area¿?¿:blink: Pretty cool adition!!!

Hi @juandayz,
thx for asking :) Nope mate, let me explain, what you can see at the picture. When testing, I'm creating simulated mission zones on the fly. Because I'm alone on my dev server, you can imagine, how dificult is develop addon like autoclaim with no other players in :)))) So, I simulating vehicles as players... in search alg. I added part, when (in limited range) my specific vehicles (sim. player) is found, this vehicle is pair with specific static UID (sim. player UID). This way are ID's static so I can work with them safely. Because object name is so long, I translate it to display name (for debug msgs on the screen). Well that situation above happened before I decided pair ID's to certain types of veh. So that agent could trigger claiming mechanism :) Msg you can see is the first part - it's a part of dynamic memory buffer (see bellow) - checking for 'player' and gives info about time when player will be included into selection for claiming (because player could just passing by zone...).

Now back to your question... punish? Of course not... if more players in the range, there is somenthing like dynamic memory buffer with auto self-clean ability (meaning it's always remembering current players in the range). That buffer has some rules helping him decide, who is first, who is next, who can, who cannot etc....

Cheers...