Dayz Epoch Install Questions

Mr.Exodus

Question

So i have been playing dayz for a couple of years now. And i finally wanted to get my own private hive hosted at a company(due to shitty internet).

I have hosted two normal dayz servers with a few scripts, i know the basic about Arma files and how they are set up. 

I have never hosted Epoch before, it seems easy from just throwing eveything into the root dicretory.

• Download both client and server files and extract to the root "Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead" folder. Example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead"

But since its a server they made, i dont have any "Arma2 Operations Arrowhead folder", But the client files are added to the server. So all i need to do is adding the server files for 

post-8192-0-92667800-1386184441_thumb.pn

Should i still just Extract the files here? (btw the black spot is  server ip). 

Thx for helping!

3 answers to this question

i see you are using vilayer as host.

in the folder vilayercodecustom are all the files you need for adding scripts etc.

vilayercodecustom/dayz_epoch is the dayz_server.pbo

vilayercodecustom/missions/epoch.(mapname) is the mission.pbo

That's basically everything you need.

OH and

YOURNAME_Masterconfiguration/battleye there are all the battleye restrictions placed in case you want to edit them.

Now a nice thing with vilayer is that you don't need to pack/unpack the pbo's all the time. you just simply find the file you want to edit,make backups tho!!!, press the small pencil next to the filename. That will open the file in a textfile. then you can easily edit the file and save it again. :)

thx for helping. I still dont get this hosting shit :)

So i have all my tools ready and installed? 

So all i need is to change my Sql files, is that right? 

post-8192-0-64484200-1386188920_thumb.pn

Sry but i need this slow :) The Vilayer team should not get too many support tickets of my server problems! ;)