Instant disconnect from own private server "session lost"

Av1um

Question

Hey there!

I know I know, common problem you're gonna say... we've read that so often..
It's just that I dont get any useful error msgs from the console, so I thought I'll drop a line here (or two).

->

starting the server seems to do just fine.
-dedicated host created
-battle eye initialized
-host identity created

so when I try to join myself now I instantly get "session lost", I'm back in the LAN lobby and nothing useful popped up on the console.

"mission DayZ Epoch loaded from PBO..."
"player xyz connected ID = manynumbers"
"player xyz disconnected"

and thats about it.

any clues or hints what I could do about this?
I've already completely wiped and reinstalled Arma2 and BattleEye, this error remains even after reinstall.
I compared a lot of tutorials out there and I'm damn sure I've set up everything the same way (it's rly no heck at all).

any help appreciated^^

Fred

10 answers to this question

@Av1um hey mate.

Other player are be able  to join to your server?

if thers  other players inside.. can you ask they if when you join a systemchat msg appear for everyone in the server saying:

Wrong Signature File Corepatch_a2.pbo

if is true you can delete the corepatch_a2.pbo from your Dsteam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\Addons\

and try to join.

same thing happening.

Player Ri5c connected (ID = 76561197973089278)
Player disconnected

we've already been playing together on other epoch servers, so I assume he launched the game with correct parameters (using dayzlauncher anyway)

21 minutes ago, Av1um said:

same thing happening.

Player Ri5c connected (ID = 76561197973089278)
Player disconnected

we've already been playing together on other epoch servers, so I assume he launched the game with correct parameters (using dayzlauncher anyway)

But someone else can join to yourr server?

Can you upload in pastebin.com youre whole rpt , hive.log and hiveEXT.ini (remove the passwords for the last one) and give us the pastebin links?

arma2OAserver.RPT https://pastebin.com/MF1j6ckA
config.cfg https://pastebin.com/rnpcvfvP
umm... even tho loggin is on and set to "trace" in hiveext.ini I cannot find a log for this one?!

in the RPT I always get this beautiful "Server error: Player without identity Force (id 1459431605)"

so and I ended up googlin at this thread http://opendayz.net/threads/solved-server-error-player-without-identity.21461/

unfortunately I already did this (and even just did it again) and it remains the same shitty way... always flips me back to LAN lobby :/
in the thread mentioned up there they even state this error is not rly bad and they can still join while getting this - well, I cant

I've been setting everything up again on a completely different machine - with the same result in the end.
I'm really getting :wacko: now, I dunno what I'm actually doing wrong?!
I can join other servers with no problem at all, but not my own one.
When I join a public one from the list, the GUID is correctly computed and shown, on my LAN server there is NO GUID ... or at least
I dont get that far when it comes to joining.

I thought I'd check, if I ever get a connection attempt in my local database from the dayz-server - which is a negative.
no attempt at all.
so I guess, thats the rub :/
my dayz server wont connect to my local database at all, and I rlly aint got a clue why.
hiveext is setup bingo, so where's the point?

suggestions?!

4 hours ago, Av1um said:

I've been setting everything up again on a completely different machine - with the same result in the end.
I'm really getting :wacko: now, I dunno what I'm actually doing wrong?!
I can join other servers with no problem at all, but not my own one.
When I join a public one from the list, the GUID is correctly computed and shown, on my LAN server there is NO GUID ... or at least
I dont get that far when it comes to joining.

I thought I'd check, if I ever get a connection attempt in my local database from the dayz-server - which is a negative.
no attempt at all.
so I guess, thats the rub :/
my dayz server wont connect to my local database at all, and I rlly aint got a clue why.
hiveext is setup bingo, so where's the point?

suggestions?!

Make sure you install all the visual c++ runtimes as mentioned here: https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/blob/master/Server Files/Readme.md#basic-install-guide

Does your server go no further than what you have posted in your server RPT above?

A client RPT would be good also: 

To find this logfile:

C:\users\<YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Arma 2 OA\ArmA2OA.RPT

omg, I finally figured it our last night!
and in the end it was so plain & simple^^
actually my GF gave me the missing 'hint' on this one:

on the machine I've been testing last night I had a wireless adapter plugged in and she asked me why in ARMA lobby it said "LAN servers"...
cus I was on WLAN actually. and then it came to me disabling the real network adapter card in the network settings - and all was fixed up and running!

-> so on my gaming machine at home I guess it'll be the same thing - as I have 2 real network adapter cards onboard.

problem with win10 just is, that as of update 1603 the network-order has been removed and you cannot priorize a card anymore.
you will have to manually disable all of the adapters that are not in use.
I will check this on my gaming-machine asap and get back here,