Next Update

TypicalCostaGuy

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad they continue to update. My opinion? Maybe don't so much worry about adding scripts and what not. What about adding more vehicles and weapons? Offgaming is no longer a thing and incorporating their RMOD items would be so great. I used to use RMOD all the time. Maxx Pros, slew of submachine guns, Spooky C130, and the beautiful Mi35 (just to name a few). Other than having to tweak a few files it feels like it would be much easier to add and update. Just my opinion. you guys have done a great job with adding things (although masterkey should be base game by now or at the very least some kind of key ring to hold all your keys in one toolbelt slot), but I think some additions of weapons and vehicles would be the shot in the arm Epoch desperately needs. Just my opinion again, thanks for all you guys have done.

6 minutes ago, Runewulv said:

I'm glad they continue to update. My opinion? Maybe don't so much worry about adding scripts and what not. What about adding more vehicles and weapons? Offgaming is no longer a thing and incorporating their RMOD items would be so great. I used to use RMOD all the time. Maxx Pros, slew of submachine guns, Spooky C130, and the beautiful Mi35 (just to name a few). Other than having to tweak a few files it feels like it would be much easier to add and update. Just my opinion. you guys have done a great job with adding things (although masterkey should be base game by now or at the very least some kind of key ring to hold all your keys in one toolbelt slot), but I think some additions of weapons and vehicles would be the shot in the arm Epoch desperately needs. Just my opinion again, thanks for all you guys have done.

We've talked about the idea of adding more vehicles (i.e overwatch ones) but the problem is getting permission to do so, a lot of authors are long gone and or wont give permission for their stuff to be used.

would be awesome more vehicles,skins,, an update for players , think the last pass from 1.0.5.1 to 1.6 was more an update for admins than for players.. and was really good. ( i note the questions about server install fall down a lot after the 1.6 update).

But yes they need permissions or guys working on new models and this is a lot of work/ time   for the dear dead arma2.:sad:

We DONT need more military vehicles or weapons. We need much more civilian stuff ....... like the Isolda Fleet or the Wings of Peace

More military vehicles and more weapons only have a relatively short-term effect to inspire new players or keep existing players.

Civilian add-ons increase the possibilities to give the game meaningful content around which you can build new stories.

This is a medium- or long-term strategy in my opinion.

I think that's more of a personal opinion Anhor. I think civilian vehicles would be good as well, but to just give up on weapons and military vehicles is hardly a good idea. Especially considering all that's still out there. I suppose if you are running a non-military server I can understand your view point, but there are a lot of full military servers out there that would disagree with you. That being said, I'd love to see a Harley Davidson make it lol

Also, I think the 1.6 issues scared a lot of players away, and some new content would be just the needed boost of epinephrine to get them to come back and check it out.

3 minutes ago, Runewulv said:

I think that's more of a personal opinion Anhor. I think civilian vehicles would be good as well, but to just give up on weapons and military vehicles is hardly a good idea. Especially considering all that's still out there. I suppose if you are running a non-military server I can understand your view point, but there are a lot of full military servers out there that would disagree with you. That being said, I'd love to see a Harley Davidson make it lol

Also, I think the 1.6 issues scared a lot of players away, and some new content would be just the needed boost of epinephrine to get them to come back and check it out.

I think the game being years and years old with other games coming out pushed players away.

My steam friends list has gone from players playing A2/A3 to all being on player unknowns battlegrounds.

13 minutes ago, salival said:

I think the game being years and years old with other games coming out pushed players away.

My steam friends list has gone from players playing A2/A3 to all being on player unknowns battlegrounds.

Considering you only have like 5 friends total, this could be biased.

2 hours ago, Runewulv said:

The problem is, how long did these players stay on the game? On your server?

Fully militarized, 1 million startmoney, fully basekit ........ thats the servers where players get bored within days or hours.

In my opinion ....... and I think in the opinion of BI ......... Arma, and with this Epoch, was never mentioned as a shooter. It´s a mil sim ........... with all the tactic and strategy who comes with this.

And BTW ........ personally I found no "issues" in 1.0.6.1 ........ I found more chances of a smarter gameplay.

LOL I dont do either of those options. My server is set up for the long haul and I have many vets that have played my servers for years now. 

And there were small issues in 1.0.6.1, but 1.0.6 was a rough patch. 

That's why you set up a full mill server smart. I dont give basekits or start money. I have 10k Hero, 30k Special Forces, 50k Alpha Wolf, 100k 25% Discount, and 500k 50% discount traders. It's all about setting it up smart. In my experience (as I've been playing Arma 2 for 5 years) the servers with basic stuff is usually the ones where people get super bored, or if you make it too easy to get stuff. You cant get a m1a2 on my server till u hit 50k and then have 70 briefcases. I dont use coins, I prefer old school. The only time my servers have had trouble maintaining population is in the last few months.

thanks for a whole bucket load of BS assumptions though.

@anhor Look at the top 10 servers in game tracker. 

They are all semi or fully mil, with a couple of vanilla dayz in there...

MOST people want that, that’s why those servers are popular and the more hardcore ones are empty. 

Just because YOU don’t want that, don’t assume everyone else doesn’t. 

It speaks for itself whether you like it or not and whether epoch was intended to be that way or not, that’s what’s its become and that’s what keeps the game alive. 

Anhor, then you have no authority to speak for the entire population of the game bro LOL. As I said originally, I'm cool with civilian vehicles being added too, but for you to say we don't need military weapons and vehicles is pretty biased and selfish on your behalf LOL

• 4 weeks later...