can't create a data base with xampp

killerkiwi

Question

16 answers to this question

A little more information would be good. To be able to access phpmyadmin with xampp's mysql server, you also need to run Apache.

Make sure Apache and MySQL are running, open your browser and type "127.0.0.1/phpmyadmin". Then the phpmyadmin-site should pop up and you are able to import the Epoch Database.

@killerkiwi  hey mate. i always use xamp for it.  this is the way i do it:

1-Run xamp with Mysql and apache.

2-open mysql adm panel.

3-create a database.

4-create an user acount with 127.0.0.1 as host. ( not localhost with text) all privileges actives.

5-Onces i did it.. close xamp and run  heidy sql to asociate the database with the user and load epoch default tables.

6-open my HiveExt.ini   and this is important for me, cuz other way dsnt work..

this line:

Host = 127.0.0.1

must be as above.. not writed  with @localhost 

3 minutes ago, juandayz said:

@killerkiwi  hey mate. i always use xamp for it.  this is the way i do it:

1-Run xamp with Mysql and apache.

2-open mysql adm panel.

3-create a database.

4-create an user acount with 127.0.0.1 as host. ( not localhost with text) all privileges actives.

5-Onces i did it.. close xamp and run  heidy sql to asociate the database with the user and load epoch default tables.

6-open my HiveExt.ini   and this is important for me, cuz other way dsnt work..

this line:

Host = 127.0.0.1

must be as above.. not writed  with @localhost 

I was checking his settings with TeamViewer, everything was correct and I've redone all the database related steps for him. Still doesn't want to connect. I guess it's more a thing of the Dayz_Server. It's an already edited server so either i am completly dumb (although I set up hundres of servers xD) or the dayz_server is broken.

Just now, DAmNRelentless said:

I was checking his settings with TeamViewer, everything was correct and I've redone all the database related steps for him. Still doesn't want to connect. I guess it's more a thing of the Dayz_Server. It's an already edited server so either i am completly dumb (although I set up hundres of servers xD) or the dayz_server is broken.

mmm maybe.. but when the dayz_server.pbo is broken drop errors on rpt about cannot load server_monitor and those files..

heres a quick video that i made just right now.. maybe can help a lil.

@juandayz thank you for helping. I did exactly the same except that I never use heidi.sql. You can do all this stuff directly in phpmyadmin. Importing the database, setup a user etc so it shouldn't make a difference as I am doing that everytime. I guess I will login into teamviewer again and give this another try. I only had 15 minutes do look at this.

Not in my experience. My database wouldn't load until 2008 onwards were installed. 

Anwyay it it wasn't a :rolleyes: at you, it was at the OP who said he had them all installed, when he obviously didn't. 

You try try to help people with limited info, yet they don't give answers that are correct when asked.