Crash Server SQF

snipercymraeg

Hi,

We have put a lot of time and effort into our Epoch 1061 Overpoch server, we have a pretty good dedi box an i7 7700 but we got to ranked 13th and hackers started demanding we change things to suit their friends who play on the server.

We did not give into their demands and banned the players, for this they keep crashing our server with a crash server sqf, also they keep taking over rcon when ingame (but am sure it just chat) spamming messages etc.

We contacted our server providers and they said it's up to us for server security, but surely this is a criminal offence ?

Does anyone know of how to stop these attacks please ?

Somehow they can join servers when globally banned.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

There are many ways to protect your server.
First of all if you say that your RCON is taken over, you should definitly edit your RCON and Admin passwords. Only give them to people you really trust. Or use battlemetrics as Rcon tool, then you can whitelist your admins and nobody except you has the rcon password. Also you can setup a lot of rules like kicken vac banned players or auto kick VPN's.

I've never seen someone who was able to bypass BattleMetrics. And also you can do a lot against script injection. Mostly this is easily done by good battleye filters. There was a topic here on the forum discussing this very heavily.

I would highly recommend to read everything in THIS topic (to get familiar with battleye and hack prevention): https://epochmod.com/forum/topic/43832-hacks/

Hello,

I'm just going to lock this now to stop any more shit fights that these threads seem to create.

From what I understand, they are not taking over your rcon, they are doing something else that we can't stop, same with the crash server thing.

Unfortunately, it seems like Battleye needs to step up to the plate and help with this problem, but so far Bohemia/Battleye are doing nothing/have disowned Arma 2 like a father would disown his prostitute daughter.

I know that's not the answer you want to hear, but there's a lot of people that are quite content with killing what is left of Arma 2.