some rpt errors

totis

Question

Hi.

Im a newby server owner and i want some help with some rpt errors i see.

Basically my missions start and after 2-3 hours stop spawning new ones

Any help would be appreciated

here is an error i see often:

13:41:10 Error in expression <;
_activatingPlayer =  _this select 4;

if(_donotusekey) then {
_isOK = true;
} >
13:41:10   Error position: <if(_donotusekey) then {
_isOK = true;
} >
13:41:10   Error if: Type String, expected Bool
13:41:10 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_publishVehicle2.sqf, line 11

Can someone help me out?

19 answers to this question

What's your server fps when they stop spawning? 

By default missions stop spawning at 5fps 

Also, you say you have no bandit missions, I presume you've set that in the WAI_bandit_limit?

What have you got listed in  wai_bandit_missions? Seem to recall reading some issues someone had with that, either they removed them all or they didn't add up to 100 even though they werent being used. 

I see also this:

14:33:54 Error in expression <ret = _this select _ret;           
};

_ret;>
14:33:54   Error position: <_ret;>
14:33:54   Error Undefined variable in expression: _ret
14:33:54 File z\addons\dayz_code\compile\BIS_fnc\fn_selectRandom.sqf, line 24
14:33:54 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\missions\bandit\any.sqf not found
14:33:54 Error in expression <dayz_server\WAI\missions\bandit\%1.sqf",_mission];
};

};
sleep 5;
};
};>
14:33:54   Error position: <_mission];
};

};
sleep 5;
};
};>
14:33:54   Error Undefined variable in expression: _mission
14:33:54 File z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\missions\init.sqf, line 89

29 minutes ago, totis said:

14:33:54 File z\addons\dayz_code\compile\BIS_fnc\fn_selectRandom.sqf, line 24

Okay that's pretty weird because that's a file from your client files and a BIS function (Bohemia Interactive Studio implemented) so there should be no error.

First of all, are you using 1.0.5.1 or 1.0.6.1?

yes i have some custom missions.

All missions work when set to spawn alone in my test server and also all missions custom or not work until around 2-3 hour mark and then stop spawning.

Only logs on rpt are those 2 above. And the one points to bandit missions which i have set to 0!

I have one mission that gives loor diff vehicles than the one already deafault.

I added a category on wai config like this:

armed_vehicle             ["ArmoredSUV_PMC_DZE","GAZ_Vodnik_DZE","HMMWV_M1151_M2_CZ_DES_EP1_DZE","HMMWV_M998A2_SOV_DES_EP1_DZE","LandRover_MG_TK_EP1_DZE","LandRover_Special_CZ_EP1_DZE","Pickup_PK_GUE_DZE","Pickup_PK_INS_DZE","Pickup_PK_TK_GUE_EP1_DZE","UAZ_MG_TK_EP1_DZE"];
        heavy_armed_vehicle         = ["BMP3","T72_INS","BTR60_TK_EP1","AW159_lynx_baf","Ka52Black"];
        armed_chopper                 = ["CH_47F_EP1_DZE","UH1H_DZE","Mi17_DZE","UH60M_EP1_DZE","UH1Y_DZE","MH60S_DZE"];

and added randomly taking one of the vehis on heavy armed vehicle category.

Maybe thats what is causing this mayhem? but again mission works alone, problem only appears after 2-3 hours

I think that was build-in from provider salival.

I can see a config in bike folder where gems are used for crafting items so i think maybe thats the script?

You propose to disable crafting with gems?

In any case do you think that its capable of stopping missions from spawn?

I don't think that's the issue that's causing missins to spawn any longer. Anyways it's a problem. Even if errors don't seem to influence something, it's mostly the case tho, especially performance. What so ever, if it's built-in from a provider, the provider is shit. I would highly recommend you to start with a fresh copy of 1.0.6.1.

If you need any help with installing scripts let us know but I can definetly say that you gain more experience in being a server admin if you start from scratch. The WAI system is pretty easy to install by the way and it should cause no errors. I suggest you use the upgraded version from JasonTM, he included all overwatch weapons aswell and added some additional configuration.

22 minutes ago, totis said:

I think that was build-in from provider salival.

I can see a config in bike folder where gems are used for crafting items so i think maybe thats the script?

You propose to disable crafting with gems?

In any case do you think that its capable of stopping missions from spawn?

Well, that script has not been updated to work with how it should publish permanent items, so yes, you will need to disable that otherwise you will continue to get that error

No, that will not be stopping missions from spawning.

Your mission problem seems to me like your bandit array: https://github.com/worldwidesorrow/Wicked-Ai-Overpoch/blob/master/WAI/config.sqf#L201 is broken and it  can't find a random one to spawn.

The weird thing is i believe somehow is affected by server performance cause on my test server i cant replicate the problem while on the main cause its more stressed from ppl playing its there. and all these points logically to server fps being low but its not.

Salival i have 0 set to bandit missions but i took the advice from iwbuk to add missions there even though i only run hero missions.

I will disable gem cradting and test again just to be sure if  adding of bandit missions dont work.

If all fails a new server install might be only option left.

Can you advice me if the way i did the heavy armored vehilcle missions is correct?

I added a  new category to wai config like this:

heavy_armed_vehicle         = ["BMP3","T72_INS","BTR60_TK_EP1","AW159_lynx_baf","Ka52Black"];

and pointed my mission like this:

_vehclass         = heavy_armed_vehicle call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
    _vehname         = getText (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _vehclass >> "displayName");

How it looks?