[WIP] Scrapper v1 [OUTDATED]

ViktorReznov

Outdated! Pls see updated thread

Start scrapping entire vehicles, tired of hunting warehouse to warehouse, construction complex to complex? Fear no more, you can salvage tires and windows but not fuel tank parts or engine parts? This changes that!

THIS IS A WIP! I have brought it a long way, but Ive got a lot more I want to do with this. As of right now, you can walk up to a vehicle that is unlocked, unoccupied(i hope) and not already blown dafuq up and reduce it into parts. This will allow you to salvage scrap, tank parts, tires, glass and engine parts (eventually rotors with aircraft when I get there). Its instantaneous (for now) and drops all loot into a box. All loot has a chance to generate, with failures actually damaging the parts you were working on, too much bad luck and vehicle WILL BLOW UP! Once you hit success, the amount of loot in the box is not locked, it will spawn a configured random amount each time. (there is a very rare chance you can succeed and get an empty box, laughed my batoutie off when it happened, on the toDO list). If you are interested, the install is below.

Install
This basically assumes you have installed one of the other, various, better, more important, better written mods already and therefore already have a custom compiles/variables/fn_selfActions. So we are going to skip that part and move onto the other stuff.

Pretty straightforward. Drag and drop the scrapper folder into your scripts folder (or change the filepaths if you migrate it elsewhere) apply the additional snippets in variables and selfActions to your files.

Variables are configurable and this is easily expandable to cover so many more vehicles. My plan is to eventually cover all the vehicles in Epoch and Overwatch.

my github link https://github.com/Arstan13/EpochScrapper

toDo:

Add More vehicles partial, ive added files and variables to support more vehicles, i havent filled them in yet Will no longer be necessary!

fix empty box on success Will no longer be possible

cleanup the code (im learning here)

limit where you can totally salvage a vehicle  configurable but required to be close to certain buildings

fixed fail chance was set to to perma fail for testing, updated

chance for tools to break complete, one in 10 scrappings will break a tool. (in theory)

time and animation like epoch deconstructing

fix vehicle damage permanency planes still semi-broken though

change to generate scrap based on vehicle's parts availability dynamic crate partially complete

chance to return vehicle mounted weapons on scrap (for those we can)

still thinking

update: This script is now moving in a more dynamic direction. Will no longer require to define vehicles in order to work with them, script will instead return a list of parts and their damages, then roll chance for them to spawn on scrapping. A couple of exclusions to this would be for planes (they only show Hull and I think missles (if applicable) for damages when there is indeed far more parts), bicycles (tires from a bike, etc)

Edited by ViktorReznov

Works great mate. Just tested it on my server. I'm going to be expanding the selection. If I get this done before someone else, I'll throw you the updated files. I'm going to be expanding it to use gas stations as well. I'm assuming "Land_Repair_Center","Other Building" is the appropriate format for multiple buildings?

BTW, this is a great update for Advanced Salvage. It was an old script that used to work Pre-1051. But after 1051 for some reason it created an exploit where you could salvage infinite tires. It became obsolete because of this. I used to love this script, but it was tied into the default salvage system. 

Spoiler

VRcars = ["car_hatchback","car_sedan","datsun1_civil_1_open_DZE","datsun1_civil_2_covered_DZE","datsun1_civil_3_open_DZE","GLT_M300_LT","GLT_M300_ST","hilux1_civil_1_open_DZE","hilux1_civil_2_covered_DZE","hilux1_civil_3_open_DZE","Lada1""Lada1_TK_CIV_EP1","Lada2","Lada2_TK_CIV_EP1","LadaLM","policecar","S1203_ambulance_EP1","S1203_TK_CIV_EP1","Skoda","SkodaBlue","SkodaGreen","SkodaRed","VolhaLimo_TK_CIV_EP1","Volha_1_TK_CIV_EP1","Volha_2_TK_CIV_EP1","VWGolf","ArmoredSUV_PMC_DZE","BAF_Offroad_W","BTR40_MG_TK_GUE_EP1","BTR40_TK_GUE_EP1","GAZ_Vodnik_HMG","GAZ_Vodnik_DZE","GAZ_Vodnik_MedEvac","HMMWV_Ambulance","HMMWV_Ambulance_CZ_DES_EP1","HMMWV_DES_EP1","HMMWV_DZ","HMMWV_M1035_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M1151_M2_CZ_DES_EP1_DZE","HMMWV_M998A2_SOV_DES_EP1_DZE","HMMWV_Armored","HMMWV_Avenger","LandRover_CZ_EP1","LandRover_MG_TK_EP1_DZE","LandRover_Special_CZ_EP1_DZE","LandRover_TK_CIV_EP1","Offroad_DSHKM_Gue_DZE""Offroad_SPG9_Gue","Pickup_PK_GUE_DZE","Pickup_PK_INS_DZE","Pickup_PK_TK_GUE_EP1_DZE","SUV_Blue","SUV_Camo","SUV_Charcoal","SUV_Green","SUV_Orange","SUV_Pink","SUV_Red","SUV_Silver","SUV_TK_CIV_EP1","SUV_White","SUV_Yellow","UAZ_CDF","UAZ_INS","UAZ_MG_TK_EP1_DZE","UAZ_RU","UAZ_Unarmed_TK_CIV_EP1","UAZ_Unarmed_TK_EP1","UAZ_Unarmed_UN_EP1","UAZ_SPG9_INS","MTVR"];

I added a mtvr to the array because I wanted to see if it would recognize more than 4 tires. Also, was curious. Does this script recognize when tires are missing or glass are missing? Was just wondering what was to stop a player from stripping the vehicle of tires and glass and then scrapping it?

Would also suggest when the vehicle is damaged, the parts below a certain percentage should be excluded from scrapping? It would make the parts damaging aspect more vital than the rare chance it happens more than once.

EDIT:

Further testing. I removed all the tires and glass from a vehicle. Went to scrap it, and it caused damage. HOWEVER, in doing damage it basically repaired the car so that it had full tires and fixed glass again.

1 hour ago, Runewulv said:
  Reveal hidden contents

VRcars = ["car_hatchback","car_sedan","datsun1_civil_1_open_DZE","datsun1_civil_2_covered_DZE","datsun1_civil_3_open_DZE","GLT_M300_LT","GLT_M300_ST","hilux1_civil_1_open_DZE","hilux1_civil_2_covered_DZE","hilux1_civil_3_open_DZE","Lada1""Lada1_TK_CIV_EP1","Lada2","Lada2_TK_CIV_EP1","LadaLM","policecar","S1203_ambulance_EP1","S1203_TK_CIV_EP1","Skoda","SkodaBlue","SkodaGreen","SkodaRed","VolhaLimo_TK_CIV_EP1","Volha_1_TK_CIV_EP1","Volha_2_TK_CIV_EP1","VWGolf","ArmoredSUV_PMC_DZE","BAF_Offroad_W","BTR40_MG_TK_GUE_EP1","BTR40_TK_GUE_EP1","GAZ_Vodnik_HMG","GAZ_Vodnik_DZE","GAZ_Vodnik_MedEvac","HMMWV_Ambulance","HMMWV_Ambulance_CZ_DES_EP1","HMMWV_DES_EP1","HMMWV_DZ","HMMWV_M1035_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M1151_M2_CZ_DES_EP1_DZE","HMMWV_M998A2_SOV_DES_EP1_DZE","HMMWV_Armored","HMMWV_Avenger","LandRover_CZ_EP1","LandRover_MG_TK_EP1_DZE","LandRover_Special_CZ_EP1_DZE","LandRover_TK_CIV_EP1","Offroad_DSHKM_Gue_DZE""Offroad_SPG9_Gue","Pickup_PK_GUE_DZE","Pickup_PK_INS_DZE","Pickup_PK_TK_GUE_EP1_DZE","SUV_Blue","SUV_Camo","SUV_Charcoal","SUV_Green","SUV_Orange","SUV_Pink","SUV_Red","SUV_Silver","SUV_TK_CIV_EP1","SUV_White","SUV_Yellow","UAZ_CDF","UAZ_INS","UAZ_MG_TK_EP1_DZE","UAZ_RU","UAZ_Unarmed_TK_CIV_EP1","UAZ_Unarmed_TK_EP1","UAZ_Unarmed_UN_EP1","UAZ_SPG9_INS","MTVR"];

I added a mtvr to the array because I wanted to see if it would recognize more than 4 tires. Also, was curious. Does this script recognize when tires are missing or glass are missing? Was just wondering what was to stop a player from stripping the vehicle of tires and glass and then scrapping it?

Would also suggest when the vehicle is damaged, the parts below a certain percentage should be excluded from scrapping? It would make the parts damaging aspect more vital than the rare chance it happens more than once.

EDIT:

Further testing. I removed all the tires and glass from a vehicle. Went to scrap it, and it caused damage. HOWEVER, in doing damage it basically repaired the car so that it had full tires and fixed glass again.

Yea my damage to a vehicle is definitely incomplete, I opened a question

to fix that problem. I am a novice scripter. I eventually want to get it to the point that will check a vehicles current damage to parts and roll from there. 

Adding an mtvr to the array will indeed make it so you can scrap it but at the settings of the array you added. Ie Cycles(motos, not bikes), Quads, Cars(all light trucks and suvs are intended to be in there). I have plans for Trucks (mtvrs, urals, kamaz, etc), APV, Tanks, Helis, Planes. Im still developing.

14 hours ago, Runewulv said:

Works great mate. Just tested it on my server. I'm going to be expanding the selection. If I get this done before someone else, I'll throw you the updated files. I'm going to be expanding it to use gas stations as well. I'm assuming "Land_Repair_Center","Other Building" is the appropriate format for multiple buildings?

And yes, that is accurate. Thanks for the input m8!

@ViktorReznov, Great Work

Another thing to think about is if it is an armed vehicle and it has ammo already in a weapon that it might be able to put the ammo in the box. For example, an ArmoredSUV_PMC and it has 2x magazines in the gun already which have no way of being reclaimed. Make it so when scrapping that there is a chance of getting those magazines back.

Just a thought ;)

2 minutes ago, Zoranth said:

Another thing to think about is if it is an armed vehicle and it has ammo already in a weapon that it might be able to put the ammo in the box. For example, an ArmoredSUV_PMC and it has 2x magazines in the gun already which have no way of being reclaimed. Make it so when scrapping that there is a chance of getting those magazines back.

Just a thought ;)

I like the idea. Also that you just get it back with a chance and not everytime, this would be way to OP.

1 hour ago, Zoranth said:

Just a thought ;)

That is exactly the direction I am trying to take this. Being so new at scripting arma tho, its definitely a challenge.

1 hour ago, DAmNRelentless said:

I like the idea. Also that you just get it back with a chance and not everytime, this would be way to OP.

Yes, trying to make it all a chance. right now the code itself is WAY to bloated but still learning here. Right now my headache rests with damaging the vehicle... However, should I get that code nailed down, it will lead to doing just this!

@ViktorReznov   hey mate just a doubt.. scuse me cuz maybe cannot understand your code.. but do you belive if is possible use one sigle file for all of this?

for example in this line of

scraptastic.sqf
if (_vehClass in VRapvs) then {
  _chance = random 100;
  if (_chance >= 40) then {
    [_vehClass] ExecVM "scripts\scrapper\GlobalScrap.sqf";
    call _fn_del_vehicle;
    systemChat("Successfully scrapped vehicle, usable parts are in that crate!");
  } else {
    call _fn_dmg_veh;
    systemChat("Be careful! You just damaged your vehicle!");
  };
};

can you replace it by something like:

Spoiler

_chance = random 100;
    call _fn_del_vehicle;
  } else {
    call _fn_dmg_veh;
  };

then create a new sqf.. GlobalScrap.sqf

Spoiler

use the same locals _variables for each veh class  and put statements if some others vehicles uses diferents parts. example

private["_dir","_pos","_spawnCrate","_randFlip","_randLow","_randMid","_player","_type"];

_vehicle = _this select 3;
_vehClass = typeOf _vehicle;

if (_vehClass in VRapvs ) then {
_VRApcParts = [["PartGeneric","1"],["PartWheel","1"],["PartEngine","1"],["PartFueltank","1"],["PartGlass","1"]];
}else{
if (_vehClass in VRquads) then {
_VRApcParts = [["PartEngine","1"],["PartFueltank","1"],["PartGlass","1"]];
};
};

//containers for our random vars so we can insert into an array as whole figure for that effin workaround
_randFlip = floor((random 5)/2);
_randLow = floor(random 8);
_randMid = floor(random 10);

//setting the number of each part to add
_VRApcParts select 0 set [1,_randMid];
_VRApcParts select 1 set [1,_randLow];
_VRApcParts select 2 set [1,_randFlip];
_VRApcParts select 3 set [1,_randFlip];
_VRApcParts select 4 set [1,(_randFlip + 1)];

_player = player;

_type = _this select 0;

// Name of this crate
_crateName = "Scrap Crate";

// Crate type. Possibilities: MedBox0, FoodBox0, BAF_BasicWeapons, USSpecialWeaponsBox, USSpecialWeapons_EP1, USVehicleBox, RUSpecialWeaponsBox, RUVehicleBox, etc.
_classname = "USOrdnanceBox";

// Location of player and crate
_dir = getdir _player;
_pos = getposATL _player;
_pos = [(_pos select 0)+1*sin(_dir),(_pos select 1)+1*cos(_dir), (_pos select 2)];

//actually spawn the crate
_spawnCrate = _classname createVehicleLocal _pos;    
_spawnCrate setDir _dir;
_spawnCrate setposATL _pos;

//clear crate before filling it
clearWeaponCargoGlobal _spawnCrate;
clearMagazineCargoGlobal _spawnCrate;
clearBackpackCargoGlobal _spawnCrate;

//fill it with this crap. freaking workaround looks terribly ugly and prolly slow as crap but wont populate if structured ["PartGeneric", (0 + floor(random 3))];
_spawnCrate addMagazineCargoGlobal [(_VRApcParts select 0) select 0, (_VRApcParts select 0) select 1];
_spawnCrate addMagazineCargoGlobal [(_VRApcParts select 1) select 0, (_VRApcParts select 1) select 1];
_spawnCrate addMagazineCargoGlobal [(_VRApcParts select 2) select 0, (_VRApcParts select 2) select 1];
_spawnCrate addMagazineCargoGlobal [(_VRApcParts select 3) select 0, (_VRApcParts select 3) select 1];
_spawnCrate addMagazineCargoGlobal [(_VRApcParts select 4) select 0, (_VRApcParts select 4) select 1];

diag_log format["[SCRAPPER] %1 just scrapped %2, at location %3!",_player,_type,_pos];

3 minutes ago, juandayz said:

@ViktorReznov   hey mate just a doubt.. scuse me cuz maybe cannot understand your code.. but do you belive if is possible use one sigle file for all of this?

for example in this line of

scraptastic.sqf

if (_vehClass in VRapvs) then {
  _chance = random 100;
    call _fn_del_vehicle;
  } else {
    call _fn_dmg_veh;
  };
};

can you replace it by something like:

Reveal hidden contents

_chance = random 100;
    call _fn_del_vehicle;
  } else {
    call _fn_dmg_veh;
  };

then create a new sqf.. GlobalScrap.sqf

Reveal hidden contents

use the same locals _variables for each veh class  and put statements if some others vehicles uses diferents parts. example

private["_dir","_pos","_spawnCrate","_randFlip","_randLow","_randMid","_player","_type"];

_vehClass = typeOf _vehicle;

if (_vehClass in VRapvs or ) then {
// array to fill because of stupid workaround
_VRApcParts = [["PartGeneric","1"],["PartWheel","1"],["PartEngine","1"],["PartFueltank","1"],["PartGlass","1"]];
}else{
if (_vehClass in VRquads) then {
_VRApcParts = [["PartEngine","1"],["PartFueltank","1"],["PartGlass","1"]];
};
};

//containers for our random vars so we can insert into an array as whole figure for that effin workaround
_randFlip = floor((random 5)/2);
_randLow = floor(random 8);
_randMid = floor(random 10);

//setting the number of each part to add
_VRApcParts select 0 set [1,_randMid];
_VRApcParts select 1 set [1,_randLow];
_VRApcParts select 2 set [1,_randFlip];
_VRApcParts select 3 set [1,_randFlip];
_VRApcParts select 4 set [1,(_randFlip + 1)];

_player = player;

_type = _this select 0;

// Name of this crate
_crateName = "Scrap Crate";

// Crate type. Possibilities: MedBox0, FoodBox0, BAF_BasicWeapons, USSpecialWeaponsBox, USSpecialWeapons_EP1, USVehicleBox, RUSpecialWeaponsBox, RUVehicleBox, etc.
_classname = "USOrdnanceBox";

// Location of player and crate
_dir = getdir _player;
_pos = getposATL _player;
_pos = [(_pos select 0)+1*sin(_dir),(_pos select 1)+1*cos(_dir), (_pos select 2)];

//actually spawn the crate
_spawnCrate = _classname createVehicleLocal _pos;    
_spawnCrate setDir _dir;
_spawnCrate setposATL _pos;

//clear crate before filling it
clearWeaponCargoGlobal _spawnCrate;
clearMagazineCargoGlobal _spawnCrate;
clearBackpackCargoGlobal _spawnCrate;

//fill it with this crap. freaking workaround looks terribly ugly and prolly slow as crap but wont populate if structured ["PartGeneric", (0 + floor(random 3))];
_spawnCrate addMagazineCargoGlobal [(_VRApcParts select 0) select 0, (_VRApcParts select 0) select 1];
_spawnCrate addMagazineCargoGlobal [(_VRApcParts select 1) select 0, (_VRApcParts select 1) select 1];
_spawnCrate addMagazineCargoGlobal [(_VRApcParts select 2) select 0, (_VRApcParts select 2) select 1];
_spawnCrate addMagazineCargoGlobal [(_VRApcParts select 3) select 0, (_VRApcParts select 3) select 1];
_spawnCrate addMagazineCargoGlobal [(_VRApcParts select 4) select 0, (_VRApcParts select 4) select 1];

diag_log format["[SCRAPPER] %1 just scrapped %2, at location %3!",_player,_type,_pos];

Hey @juandayz. Im actually creating the lists to be dynamic and base the potential scrap off of the current vehicles available parts and compare it to the damage of those parts to roll the chances you will get the part back. Im mid write of that code and for the most part it is working as id hope. So all that bloated code i wrote will be unnecessary real soon.

Thanks for the question and input m8! You have always been helpful and its much appreciated!

On 9/18/2017 at 9:42 PM, juandayz said:

@ViktorReznov have an idea.. maybe u can do it.

broke engines to get some wires and scrap electronics.

What exactly are the ids for those? I did a search on the epoch git and found no electronics...? Was attempting to begin doing this.

EDIT: NVM found them, doing a search for electronics on the epoch git didnt turn then up. crafting.hpp

The below content not currently public. In progress and nearly complete.

UPDATE: Dynamic code is improving very nicely. Reading all possible available parts on a vehicle, reading their damages, using that to turn into a chance percentage, rolling the chance and spawning the parts accordingly. 

Remapping of null/useless/generic parts for other components I.E. HitHRotor into scrap metal no more, produces rotor assembly. HitMissiles into scrap no more, using this for scrap electronics

This rewrite will lead to a total of 3 files for this script and basically no new variables. Hope everyone is interested. Iron out a few more kinks in the dynamic code and then will move onto the conditional weapon code + spicing up salvages with acquiring some additional stuff....

@ViktorReznov nice progress !!!! you can take some block of code from my "find items on wrecks" if u need spawn the parts over the ground and not into a crate. Also set a variable on the vehicle if u want not allow futures dismantles over the same vehicle. Any way good work viktor keep doing mods like this and your awesome fluctuating economy!!!!!

4 hours ago, juandayz said:

@ViktorReznov nice progress !!!! you can take some block of code from my "find items on wrecks" if u need spawn the parts over the ground and not into a crate. Also set a variable on the vehicle if u want not allow futures dismantles over the same vehicle. Any way good work viktor keep doing mods like this and your awesome fluctuating economy!!!!!

Thank you @juandayz! I had been considering changing over to a non crate spawn just hadnt yet. This will generate quite a few items once you get to the larger vehicles so i just did the crates for now. Also, this script wont need an additional variable for the dismantles. It will completely remove the vehicle on succuss or blow it up on an unlucky failure!

4 hours ago, DAmNRelentless said:

Looks like you are making some good progress and getting familiar with sqf. Keep it on!

Edit: I could maybe hire/need you for my next project which is quite huge :biggrin:

You just let me know m8! My schesule is crazy sometimes (even now 4am i am getting rdy for guard shift. Ty uncle sam!) but i dedicate a lot of time and dont give up!

Just to keep y'all clued in to the progress, heres the code that will generate parts to be spawned

Spoiler

private ["_part","_vehicle","_hitpoints","_isBicycle","_isATV","_is6WheelType","_is8WheelType","_HasNoGlassKind","_hitpoint",
"_6WheelTypeArray","_8WheelTypeArray","_NoGlassArray","_NoExtraWheelsArray","_nullPartsArray","_toSpawnArray","_RemovedPartsArray","_damage","_configVeh","_type"];

_hitpoints = _vehicle call vehicle_getHitpoints;

_type = typeOf _vehicle;
_isBicycle = _type in ["M1030_US_DES_EP1","MMT_Civ","MMT_USMC","Old_bike_TK_INS_EP1"];
_isATV = _type in ["ATV_US_EP1","ATV_CZ_EP1","BAF_ATV_D","BAF_ATV_W"];
_is6WheelType = false;
_is8WheelType = false;
{if (_type isKindOf _x) exitWith {_is6WheelType = true;};} count ["Kamaz_Base","MTVR","Ural_Base","Ural_Base_withTurret","V3S_Base"];
{if (_type isKindOf _x) exitWith {_is8WheelType = true;};} count ["BTR90_Base","LAV25_Base"];
_HasNoGlassKind = (_vehicle isKindOf "Motorcycle");

_6WheelTypeArray = ["HitLMWheel","HitRMWheel"];
_8WheelTypeArray = ["HitLf2Wheel","HitRf2Wheel","HitLMWheel","HitRMWheel"];
_NoGlassArray = ["HitGlass1","HitGlass2","HitGlass3","HitGlass4","HitGlass5","HitGlass6","HitLGlass","HitRGlass"];
_TooMuchGlassArray = ["HitGlass9","HitGlass10","HitGlass11","HitGlass12","HitGlass13","HitGlass14","HitGlass15","HitGlass16","HitGlass17","HitGlass18","HitGlass19","HitGlass20"];
_NoExtraWheelsArray = ["wheel_1_4_steering","wheel_2_4_steering","wheel_1_3_steering","wheel_2_3_steering"];
_nullPartsArray = ["HitVRotor","HitMissiles","HitHull","HitBody"];

_hitpoints = _hitpoints - [_NoExtraWheelsArray,_TooMuchGlassArray];
_toSpawnArray = ["PartGeneric"];

if !(isNil "_hitpoints") then { //verifies we have initialized a vehicle, then removes some of the excess crap
  diag_log "[SCRAPPER][Init] Object get parts array!";
  if !(_is6WheelType || _is8WheelType) then {
    _RemovedPartsArray = ["HitLF2Wheel","HitRF2Wheel","HitLMWheel","HitRMWheel"];
  } else {
    _RemovedPartsArray = [];
  };
  if (_isATV || _HasNoGlassKind) then {
    _hitpoints = _hitpoints - _NoGlassArray;
  };
  if (_isBicycle) then {
    _hitpoints = []; //need to empty the list on a bicycle, currently would contain motor, tires, fuelparts etc. itll get a custom array once in the spawn script
  };
  if (_is6WheelType) then { //array stops mtvr's etc from chancing 8 wheels to spawn
    _RemovedPartsArray = _RemovedPartsArray + ["HitLF2Wheel","HitRF2Wheel"];
  };
};

{
    _hitpoint = _x;
    _damage = [_vehicle,_x] call object_getHit;
  _damVar = round(ceil(_damage *100)); //converts damage into a whole integer since damage works 0 = destroyed, 1 = perfect, damage is handled as subnumber 0.123 will now be  12% damage
  _chance = round(100 - (_damVar / 2)); //chance to spawn part with damage reflected as a negative factor
  _against = (round((random 25) + _damVar)); //the roll against the part for it to not spawn. chance has to be greater than this to spawn. if part has suffered 75% damage IT WILL NOT have a chance and will instead turn into scrap

if !(_x in _RemovedPartsArray) then {

_configVeh = configFile >> "cfgVehicles" >> "RepairParts" >> _x;
        _part = getText(_configVeh >> "part");

if (_x in _nullPartsArray) then { //some parts in the config file dont match up to a part, here we are overriding what they return as
      _amount = round((100 - _damVar) / 20); //this is for converting HitHull/HitBody into scrap metal based on damage. will return 0 - 5 based on damage. every 20% reduces it by 1
      _rand = round(random _amount); //after getting possible amount to turn hull into scrap, a random number from that amount is selected and added
      switch (_x) do {
        case "HitVRotor"    : {_part = "PartVRotor"}; //HitHRotor is what actually turns into a rotor part even tho its called a PartVRotor which doesnt come from HitVRotor???? the hell? FIX
        case "HitMissiles"  : {_part = "equip_scrapelectronics"}; //original experiment for turning HitMissiles into something usable since it seems this component is on all helis
        case "HitHull"      : {for "_i" from 0 to _rand do {_toSpawnArray = _toSpawnArray + ["PartGeneric"]; };};
        case "HitBody"      : {for "_i" from 0 to _rand do {_toSpawnArray = _toSpawnArray + ["PartGeneric"]; };};
      };
    };

if (_chance > _against) then { // this is where the chance rolls come into play. if part is successfully rolled, it gets added to the array that we will execute the spawn script from
      _toSpawnArray = _toSpawnArray + [_part]; //success adds part.
    } else {
      _toSpawnArray = _toSpawnArray + ["PartGeneric"]; //failure adds scrap. 
    };
    };
} forEach _hitpoints;

diag_log format["[SCRAPPER][PARTS] New container to pass to spawn script!!! ToSpawnArray = [%1]",_toSpawnArray];

_toSpawnArray execVM "\scripts\scrapper\spawnParts.sqf"; //executing spawn script with parts array for dynamic part spawning! that script is where we will add some special edits and spawns

accepting all input!

EDIT: If someone would like to assist me to help me understand dayz_actionInProgress and how to implement that... that would be much appreciated. Im trying to wrap my head around this code and while everything looks like its right.... it spams this error to the rpt

Error Undefined variable in expression: fn_loopAction

which shouldnt be the case when that is a server defined function specifically for calling the medic action..... idk what im doing wrong here but looking for help!

UPDATE: Still working on setting up uninterruptable/dupable player dissassemble action, will do more on that tomorrow.

SUCCESSFULLY complete dynamic spawning of crate cargo! Now for animations and then I can start adding the finishing touches. It is now 3 files

UPDATE: Animations complete, will do more with them intime but now my biggest headache so far. I have dynamic crates spawning, animations working, remap of null parts (parts without an actual part to return so it gets scrap metal), damage to vehicles, proper self action execution and clearing of action handles. I cannot get the _cursorTarget variable to carry over for more than one script from fn_selfActions. I need to maintain the object variable (Vehicle = 44c48100# 1065799: suv.p3d) acrossed more than just the initial script that gets executed from fn_selfActions but its refusing to do so, i have not figured out why. Also, I have not been able to find any clear information on how to retrieve those three variables (44c48100# 1065799: suv.p3d) seperate from a cursorTarget. I am trying to think of a work around but im still baffled as to why my vehicle = _this select 3; from fn_selfActions to my script will not then maintain the object of cursorTarget when it is then executed as  [_vehicle] execVM "script"; and called as _object = _this select 0; wont maintain the data (Vehicle = 44c48100# 1065799: suv.p3d) i need to furnther my script.

• ViktorReznov changed the title to [WIP] Scrapper v1 [OUTDATED]