call file from infistar

JohnnyBravo666

Question

I am trying to make a private message system by using infistar to open a dialog box by typing "!pm". When I put in the directory to have the file called, a message box pops up and says that the file cannot be found, even though the directory is the correct path. This is located in the ah.sqf file from infistar. Do I need to call files differently via infistar ?

if(_txt in ['!pm'])then
{
	(_display) closeDisplay 0;
	call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers '\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\pm\pm_init.sqf';
};

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 answer to this question

52 minutes ago, JohnnyBravo666 said:

I am trying to make a private message system by using infistar to open a dialog box by typing "!pm". When I put in the directory to have the file called, a message box pops up and says that the file cannot be found, even though the directory is the correct path. This is located in the ah.sqf file from infistar. Do I need to call files differently via infistar ?

if(_txt in ['!pm'])then
{
	(_display) closeDisplay 0;
	call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers '\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\pm\pm_init.sqf';
};

Any help is greatly appreciated.

This code is being ran on the client, which cannot call server side files. You would need to send a publicVariableServer then have an event handler which would in turn call that file.