Modded Vehicles in A2Epoch

M4L1NG

Question

Hey Guys,

i'm new to the forum. I'm also "new" to dayz Epoch (was using other Servers before). I actually reinstalled my private Dayz Server just for fun with some friends. Now the server is running, but i'm having trouble to get a costum vehicle Pack / Mod running. I have a vehicle.pbo file in Servers' and Client's root directory ( in @vehicles). I added some names of that vehicles to dayz_server.pbo and changed the startup line in the Server's start batch file

@echo off
start "arma2" /min "Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe" -port=2302 "-config=instance_11_Chernarus\config.cfg" "-cfg=instance_11_Chernarus\basic.cfg" "-profiles=instance_11_Chernarus" -name=instance_11_Chernarus "-mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;"

To:

@echo off
start "arma2" /min "Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe" -port=2302 "-config=instance_11_Chernarus\config.cfg" "-cfg=instance_11_Chernarus\basic.cfg" "-profiles=instance_11_Chernarus" -name=instance_11_Chernarus "-mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;@vehicles;"

Currently, the vehicle is in the Database but not shown on the map. There is just nothing. I also tried to configure the shortcut of Arma 2 CO (Steam) to:

"D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" -mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@vehicles;

Every time i start with that shortcut, it says that "Addon 'sauerland' needs addon 'Chernarus'. Same if i try to start with custom launch options from steam. But if i start arma2oa directly or withuot modified shortcut, it say's that @DayZ_Epoch and @vehicles is enabled. There is no error message. 

Did i do something wrong to add the vehicles package?

3 answers to this question

Setup a working Epoch server run it, test it. 

most mods all you have to do is drop the @MODNAME in the server root dir (same dir as @DayZ_Epoch)

most mods also come with a bikey you will need to copy the new mods key to the Keys folder in the server root dir (where the Epoch bikey is)

after this is done you need to edit the command line to include the mod you just added

12 hours ago, Anhor said:

Try this:

Hide contents

"-mod=@vehicles;@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server"

What mods you run on the server make sure you have enabled them on your client before connecting to the server ( dayzlauncher does this for you when you try to join )

Then you need to add the new vehicles from the mod so find the class names for all the new vehicles find the trader file that has the vehicles and add the new class names or add them to your database if you use database traders.