Server starting 2 ports

Thug

Question

Don't know if I posted in right section.

I have an Epoch Taviana server. the port is 2365.  Sometimes when BEC restarts the server, it starts 2365 and 2377. One thing I noticed is that it starts port 2377 first.  It causes players to lag and it affects their ping.  Does anyone know why it would start two ports? OR where would I look? I don't see anything in server or mission RPT.

7 answers to this question

It sounds like BEC or something is running the start command twice or the first server running is not closing before the start command runs making a second server window with a different port appear

I use a batch file server monitor script to launch the server and BEC to run the shutdown command then the monitor script restarts the server

While i was testing, this is when i noticed if i had the server running already and i relaunched the server by double clicking the bat file it would load a second server window with the next available port im guessing cos the set port is taken by the first server running   

9 hours ago, kingpapawawa said:

Thats your steam query port probably

The steamqueryport is 2366. When 2365 starts it always shows it being 2366.

I  posted this on Friday the 11th at 08:56 PM. Has not happened again. Prior to Friday, the last time it happened was on Monday the 7th. So it does not do it all the time. :huh:

6 hours ago, Tech_Support said:

I use a batch file server monitor script to launch the server and BEC to run the shutdown command then the monitor script restarts the server

Would you be willing to share?