new villian?

Sneer

I feel epoch needs a new villain, something that comes at night. I love the cloakers but they are rare to see at night and though scary they sometimes just stand there and are too easy to kill. Maybe some horror that comes not in a horde but one or two and they are hard to kill. I seen somewhere on the forum I think someone was working on a model for some kind of creature that looked horrifying.  No zombies or dinosaurs.

Maybe a ghoul/Vampire thing that steals blood, has a horrifying scream and moves and floats like the cloakers. Like the sappers they are victims of the cultists experiments. 

I also know people can make or use mods but then every other server mod uses them, sappers, and cloakers are unique to epoch and I love epoch for that.

WHat do you think?

Also, can you configure somewhere the chance of cloakers appearing? I see you can for zombies and sappers, not sure where for cloakers.

and whatever happened to the construct, can this be an option? I've checked him out in the editor but he needs some kind of module to go with him for mechanics or incorporate him in the game.

On 8/9/2017 at 7:45 PM, Sneer said:

I feel epoch needs a new villain, something that comes at night.

Too bad there is not a single populated server which has night enabled ;) Every such server is baby day mode 24/7. It needs villains that are harder to kill or maybe come in swarms. But focusing on night is bad idea since most people hate it for some reason. Pew pew in a night is challenging and kids these days forgot what games used to be in the 90s and early 00s. They used to be challenging, not holding your hand. But I am rambling here.

2 minutes ago, KPABATOK said:

Too bad there is not a single populated server which has night enabled ;) Every such server is baby day mode 24/7. It needs villains that are harder to kill or maybe come in swarms. But focusing on night is bad idea since most people hate it for some reason. Pew pew in a night is challenging and kids these days forgot what games used to be in the 90s and early 00s. They used to be challenging, not holding your hand. But I am rambling here.

All my servers have 3 hours of day and 1 hour of night, but you are right, the server pop drops drastically when night hits... Not gonna change anything on that though

41 minutes ago, Grahame said:

All my servers have 3 hours of day and 1 hour of night, but you are right, the server pop drops drastically when night hits... Not gonna change anything on that though

I've had players wanting day/night cycles, I've implemented it, continuously people cry about the night so I revert it and the cycle repeats.

I'm 24/7 day now, it's just not worth the tears from people

I think one of the biggest issues with Night Time in Arma 3 is that on some servers (or maybe most) due to colour correction and other nonsense it becomes everything pitch black so you can not even see 1 meter in front of you. Arma 3 had pretty night times before some 1.6x or whatever update that changed everything. I guess Epoch was at 0.2.5.2 at a time or something.

No true night is pitch black and should never be in Arma 3 (epoch) but even Bugemia made it worse. Previously night time enabled you to see shadowy figures even at 1 km away just that it was hard to use LR scopes. Current nights (haven't played for a while) are just usually too dark so maybe that's why players hate it. There can be a middle ground to satisfy people who hate nights and people who want nights. Just make nights less dark without necessity to use NVG all the time.

21 hours ago, KPABATOK said:

I think one of the biggest issues with Night Time in Arma 3 is that on some servers (or maybe most) due to colour correction and other nonsense it becomes everything pitch black so you can not even see 1 meter in front of you. Arma 3 had pretty night times before some 1.6x or whatever update that changed everything. I guess Epoch was at 0.2.5.2 at a time or something.

No true night is pitch black and should never be in Arma 3 (epoch) but even Bugemia made it worse. Previously night time enabled you to see shadowy figures even at 1 km away just that it was hard to use LR scopes. Current nights (haven't played for a while) are just usually too dark so maybe that's why players hate it. There can be a middle ground to satisfy people who hate nights and people who want nights. Just make nights less dark without necessity to use NVG all the time.

The way around that is to alter the day/month/year to be a full moon night btw. Easily checked by server devs in the editor for the best one for early moonlight. Then you get real light (without that ambient night light nonsense) that allows players to see their away around at night

• 2 months later...