Pr0 Tip? Useful info you may not have ever considered...

_Lance_

Over the last couple days I noticed my server was taking forever to log players in, up to around a 100 count before the hive would even kick in - I tried a few things, got fresh dll's, fresh hive.ext, few other tricks with no luck. Then I remembered that last weekend when I was working on battleye filters i had set notepad++ to be the default handler for .txt files - just for giggles I switched it back to notebad, rebooted for good measure and BAM - server logs in players in less than 15 seconds again. Just thought I'd put this here in case such a strange issue ends up affecting another admin one day. Honestly I don't see why having NP++ be the default would be any different but it is what it is. YMMV.

2 hours ago, LunatikCH said:

I have used npp as standard programm for .txt files for years, the issues with taking so long to login started 4-5 months ago, however, i give it a try :D

Worth a shot. It was the only change I made at the time so I know it's what my issue was. Never would have believed it without seeing it.