Jump to content
juandayz

[Starter Pack]

Recommended Posts

seems to be a bit op since (if i understand the script right) it'll allow you to claim the crate on every new spawn.
one thing that might be possible is, to work with the _newPlayer variable(server sided) to only let new players claim the starter kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might aswell keep these two together :P

On 6/14/2017 at 1:42 PM, oldmatechoc said:

@juandayz hahahahahah i just made the same thing!

heres mine

https://puu.sh/wjs7d/3532f145ef.rar

Install.

in your init.sqf

// Find

    execFSM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.fsm";

// Paste below

    [] execVM "dayz_code\external\starter_crate\new_player.sqf";

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@salival the main idea was put the option in new spawns.. but tnks for the variant. added to the main post.:wink: put it in each fresh spawn can be a lil abusive.. so maybe adding it at bottom of init,sqf  can be usefull for servers who use "pay for win" system

and keep using the select 8 for normal player. 

donorList = [""];

waitUntil {!isNil ("PVDZ_plr_LoginRecord")};

if!((getPlayerUID player) in donorList) then {

if (PVCDZ_plr_Login2 select 2) then
{

_text = "Claim My Box";
s_player_box = player addAction [format["%1",_text], "scripts\player_startkit.sqf"];	
};

}else{


if (PVCDZ_plr_Login2 select 8) then
{

_text = "Claim My Box";
s_player_box = player addAction [format["%1",_text], "scripts\player_startkit.sqf"];	
};
};

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chaps, how can you test if...

PVCDZ_plr_Login select 8

...is working as a condition for the crate? I tried deleting  myself in all the tables of the database but, still didn't get the option. But, if I change to:

PVCDZ_plr_Login2 select 3

...I do get the crate option every time I die. So, that suggests the script is working but, I would like to test the new player condition.

Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ReDBaroN said:

Chaps, how can you test if...

PVCDZ_plr_Login select 8

...is working as a condition for the crate? I tried deleting  myself in all the tables of the database but, still didn't get the option. But, if I change to:

PVCDZ_plr_Login2 select 3

...I do get the crate option every time I die. So, that suggests the script is working but, I would like to test the new player condition.

Thanks 

"PVCDZ_plr_Login select 8" is definitely the correct one to use, it's what i'm using to detect new players.

I'm using this sql function to completely remove my self from the database:

DELETE from character_data where PlayerUID like your.uid.goes.here;
DELETE from player_data where PlayerUID like your.uid.goes.here;
DELETE from player_login where PlayerUID like your.uid.goes.here;

Just tested this, works perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, salival said:

"PVCDZ_plr_Login select 8" is definitely the correct one to use, it's what i'm using to detect new players.

I'm using this sql function to completely remove my self from the database:

DELETE from character_data where PlayerUID like your.uid.goes.here;
DELETE from player_data where PlayerUID like your.uid.goes.here;
DELETE from player_login where PlayerUID like your.uid.goes.here;

Just tested this, works perfect.

I just tried your delete code, restarted the server, still no crate with "PVCDZ_plr_Login select 8". This is the code in my init.sqf:

// Starter Kit
waitUntil {!isNil ("PVDZ_plr_LoginRecord")};
if (PVCDZ_plr_Login select 8) then
//if (PVCDZ_plr_Login2 select 3) then
{
	_text = "Starter Kit";
	s_player_box = player addAction [format["%1",_text], "scripts\player_startkit.sqf"];	
};

If I toggle the condition back to the commented condition, then it works every time I die and respawn....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ReDBaroN said:

I just tried your delete code, restarted the server, still no crate with "PVCDZ_plr_Login select 8". This is the code in my init.sqf:

// Starter Kit
waitUntil {!isNil ("PVDZ_plr_LoginRecord")};
if (PVCDZ_plr_Login select 8) then
//if (PVCDZ_plr_Login2 select 3) then
{
	_text = "Starter Kit";
	s_player_box = player addAction [format["%1",_text], "scripts\player_startkit.sqf"];	
};

If I toggle the condition back to the commented condition, then it works every time I die and respawn....

This is how i'm checking for a new player in my starterkit script:

waitUntil {uiSleep 0.4; (!isNil "PVCDZ_plr_Login" && {count PVCDZ_plr_Login > 0})};

if (PVCDZ_plr_Login select 8) then {
	//New player detected, do stuff here.
};

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have now tried your code @salival and also @oldmatechoc's version but, just can't get that action to show up on the mousewheel. I've added the relevant actions from both scripts to infiSTAR but, that shouldn't matter anyway as I'm an admin.... not sure which way to go next on this....

 

EDIT: Disabled infiSTAR and it works. I'll try now re-enabling infiSTAR but removing me as admin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With infiSTAR enabled but, with my ID removed the action still doesn't appear. With infiSTAR completely disabled it does appear. 

One noticeable difference is with infiSTAR enabled, whether you are an admin or not, as a new player you skip the gender selection screen....

Any ideas @salival? I've tried turning off the _csa check anyway just in case I didn't have the exception added correctly and still no luck. So, it's obviously something embedded in the infiSTAR code making new players miss the gender selection screen...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ReDBaroN said:

With infiSTAR enabled but, with my ID removed the action still doesn't appear. With infiSTAR completely disabled it does appear. 

One noticeable difference is with infiSTAR enabled, whether you are an admin or not, as a new player you skip the gender selection screen....

Any ideas @salival? I've tried turning off the _csa check anyway just in case I didn't have the exception added correctly and still no luck. So, it's obviously something embedded in the infiSTAR code making new players miss the gender selection screen...

I have _csa turned off

I don't see why infistar would do that, though, there is a new player check in infistar, I don't know if that could be conflicting or not.

It definitely works for me, I get the starter kit showing every time as well as gender select

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, salival said:

I have _csa turned off

I don't see why infistar would do that, though, there is a new player check in infistar, I don't know if that could be conflicting or not.

It definitely works for me, I get the starter kit showing every time as well as gender select

Thanks @salival. So, turns out it is working and most likely always was with every version I was trying. I tried with _csa off and on which didn't make a difference. The only thing that would make it visible to me was to completely disable infiSTAR.

I think you're right that it must be something to do with infiSTAR new player feature as I noticed I didn't once trigger the new player log when trying to test. My guess is that there must be some use of mission namespace....as I literally deleted anything and everything DB related.

In the end, the way I found out it was working was to slip it on to the live server anyway, then one of our admins spectated players who triggered the new player system message. Then he calls me and says....it IS working... omfg! 

I'll try and find out how the new player code works as I would still like to test it, adjust it etc. But, the important thing is it's working. Thanks for your time.

Just one final question, do you have new player turned off then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ReDBaroN said:

Thanks @salival. So, turns out it is working and most likely always was with every version I was trying. I tried with _csa off and on which didn't make a difference. The only thing that would make it visible to me was to completely disable infiSTAR.

I think you're right that it must be something to do with infiSTAR new player feature as I noticed I didn't once trigger the new player log when trying to test. My guess is that there must be some use of mission namespace....as I literally deleted anything and everything DB related.

In the end, the way I found out it was working was to slip it on to the live server anyway, then one of our admins spectated players who triggered the new player system message. Then he calls me and says....it IS working... omfg! 

I'll try and find out how the new player code works as I would still like to test it, adjust it etc. But, the important thing is it's working. Thanks for your time.

Just one final question, do you have new player turned off then?

No, I don't have the infistar new player turned off.

I am running quite an older version of infistar which is heavily modified, though v1437

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldmatechoc said:

I had infistar enabled when testing my version, if you see new player xxx in chat then that player will have the option. @ReDBaroN

 

Thanks @oldmatechoc. Can you say which infi version you use?

That was the problem, on my test box, deleting all records against my ID in the database still didn't take me to the gender selection screen or post me as a new player in chat. Although, in the journal, i was days alive 0 and fresh in the database. Only way to test it was to completely disable infi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@salival @oldmatechoc Thanks for your help on this chaps. It turns out it was working all the time as we spectated someone after the infiSTAR new player message came up as you suggested. Odd that I couldn't get myself to be a new player on the test box with all records of me truncated in the database. But, I'll save that for another day. I did look into the code for new player in infiSTAR and it was the same so, I have no idea what else must have been making it miss me on the test box. Important thing is that it's working though. :) 

Thanks again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Similar Content

    • By Tricks
      We are back! Ranked 7th overall in 2014! Classic DayZ Epoch PvP Server!! No stupid start bonus, no heavy military. Just classic Epoch gameplay with new updates!

       
      - Top of the Line Hardware - Overclocked 8700k servers with SSDs. Super high FPS!!

      - XP System & XP Trader - Acquire handy Perks, Skills, and Permits with our XP system!

      - Custom Traders - Totally custom traders unique to this server!

      - Military Bases - High Loot areas perfect for gearing up.

      - Custom Map Content - Aircraft Carriers, Secret Military Bases, New Towns, and more!

      - All The Major Mods - All the major mods like Coin System, Heli Evac, Hide from Zeds, and many more.

      - Lots of AI Missions - Challenging AI missions color-coded by difficulty.

      - Custom AI Missions for Groups - Static missions with super high difficulty and major loot rewards!

      - Realistic Loot Spawns - You wont find high-powered weapons while hunting for loot, realistic loot spawns.

      - No Heavy Weapons, Tanks, Attack Choppers, Jets - Just the classic Epoch vehicles with a few new additions!

      - Lots of Vehicles - Lots of vehicles scattered around the map. Some are ready to go, others need to be fixed first!

      - Base Building - Fully modular base building system with unique build items and crafting recipes.

      - Full Day/Night Cycle - Realistic day and night cycle, no stupid 24 hours daylight!!

      - Full Weather System - Rain, thunderstorms and snow in the winter!!

      - Destructible Base/Garage Doors - Base raiding without losing your whole base! Just the doors are destructible.

      - Abandoned Safes/Lockboxes - Abandoned bases will have their safes unlocked for you to raid!!

      - Fresh Server, All The Best Base Locations Still Available! - No more wipes, server is done and all progress will be saved.

      - Regular Updates/Suggestions Considered - Pass along ideas to the admin staff. We consider all changes.

      - Admin Events - Events with High Loot and great times! See pic below.

      - Active Admin Staff - Find us on Discord anytime or by email!





      Connect to us on DayZ Launcher or directly:

      [SHG]ClassicEpoch|XPSystem|CustomTraders|CustomAImissions|Coins|FPS++

      144.217.62.76:2302

      Discord: http://xn--discrd-zxa.com/join.php?v=OXHD95

      Email: [email protected]

      Website: Under construction


    • By Tricks
      I have been browsing the forums looking for unique mods to add to my server. I noticed Juandayz deleted a lot of his mods before leaving the community. Just curious if anyone has them all and would possibly repost them giving him full credit? I am particularly interested in his "Admin Skin" and "Debug" mods.
       
      Thanks community, here's hoping someone will step up!
    • By victorks
      my first work in editin :) https://uploaddeimagens.com.br/imagens/20180307202515_1-jpg https://uploaddeimagens.com.br/imagens/20180307202245_1-jpg DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oq97j7x59362kqe/CASTLEai.sqf?dl=0 AI M2 NEED WAI: https://pastebin.com/GJMnPvZP ON THE MAP: https://pastebin.com/cyqH9rNV  
       
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/oq97j7x59362kqe/CASTLEai.sqf?dl=0
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
    • By juandayz
      VIDEO:
      If (You dont have a custom compiles.sqf or a custom keyboard.sqf) exitWith { step1;}else{ proceed with step 2; } forEach user; 1-Making a custom compiles.sqf and custom keyboard.sqf
       
       
      2-In your CUSTOM!!! keyboard.sqf at bottom but before the last "_handled" paste:
      3-Create remote_key.sqf  (mpmissions\your instance\scripts\ )
       
  • Advertisement
  • Supporters
  • Discord

×
×
  • Create New...