juandayz

[Starter Pack]

seems to be a bit op since (if i understand the script right) it'll allow you to claim the crate on every new spawn.
one thing that might be possible is, to work with the _newPlayer variable(server sided) to only let new players claim the starter kit.

Might aswell keep these two together :P

On 6/14/2017 at 1:42 PM, oldmatechoc said:

@juandayz hahahahahah i just made the same thing!

heres mine

https://puu.sh/wjs7d/3532f145ef.rar

Install.

in your init.sqf

// Find

execFSM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.fsm";

// Paste below

[] execVM "dayz_code\external\starter_crate\new_player.sqf";

@salival the main idea was put the option in new spawns.. but tnks for the variant. added to the main post.:wink: put it in each fresh spawn can be a lil abusive.. so maybe adding it at bottom of init,sqf  can be usefull for servers who use "pay for win" system

and keep using the select 8 for normal player. 

donorList = [""];

waitUntil {!isNil ("PVDZ_plr_LoginRecord")};

if!((getPlayerUID player) in donorList) then {

if (PVCDZ_plr_Login2 select 2) then
{

_text = "Claim My Box";
s_player_box = player addAction [format["%1",_text], "scripts\player_startkit.sqf"];	
};

}else{

if (PVCDZ_plr_Login2 select 8) then
{

_text = "Claim My Box";
s_player_box = player addAction [format["%1",_text], "scripts\player_startkit.sqf"];	
};
};

Chaps, how can you test if...

PVCDZ_plr_Login select 8

...is working as a condition for the crate? I tried deleting  myself in all the tables of the database but, still didn't get the option. But, if I change to:

PVCDZ_plr_Login2 select 3

...I do get the crate option every time I die. So, that suggests the script is working but, I would like to test the new player condition.

Thanks 

31 minutes ago, ReDBaroN said:

Chaps, how can you test if...

PVCDZ_plr_Login select 8

...is working as a condition for the crate? I tried deleting  myself in all the tables of the database but, still didn't get the option. But, if I change to:

PVCDZ_plr_Login2 select 3

...I do get the crate option every time I die. So, that suggests the script is working but, I would like to test the new player condition.

Thanks 

"PVCDZ_plr_Login select 8" is definitely the correct one to use, it's what i'm using to detect new players.

I'm using this sql function to completely remove my self from the database:

DELETE from character_data where PlayerUID like your.uid.goes.here;
DELETE from player_data where PlayerUID like your.uid.goes.here;
DELETE from player_login where PlayerUID like your.uid.goes.here;

Just tested this, works perfect.

11 minutes ago, salival said:

"PVCDZ_plr_Login select 8" is definitely the correct one to use, it's what i'm using to detect new players.

I'm using this sql function to completely remove my self from the database:

DELETE from character_data where PlayerUID like your.uid.goes.here;
DELETE from player_data where PlayerUID like your.uid.goes.here;
DELETE from player_login where PlayerUID like your.uid.goes.here;

Just tested this, works perfect.

I just tried your delete code, restarted the server, still no crate with "PVCDZ_plr_Login select 8". This is the code in my init.sqf:

// Starter Kit
if (PVCDZ_plr_Login select 8) then
//if (PVCDZ_plr_Login2 select 3) then
{
	_text = "Starter Kit";
};

If I toggle the condition back to the commented condition, then it works every time I die and respawn....

13 minutes ago, ReDBaroN said:

I just tried your delete code, restarted the server, still no crate with "PVCDZ_plr_Login select 8". This is the code in my init.sqf:

// Starter Kit
if (PVCDZ_plr_Login select 8) then
//if (PVCDZ_plr_Login2 select 3) then
{
	_text = "Starter Kit";
};

If I toggle the condition back to the commented condition, then it works every time I die and respawn....

This is how i'm checking for a new player in my starterkit script:

waitUntil {uiSleep 0.4; (!isNil "PVCDZ_plr_Login" && {count PVCDZ_plr_Login > 0})};

if (PVCDZ_plr_Login select 8) then {
	//New player detected, do stuff here.
};

I have now tried your code @salival and also @oldmatechoc's version but, just can't get that action to show up on the mousewheel. I've added the relevant actions from both scripts to infiSTAR but, that shouldn't matter anyway as I'm an admin.... not sure which way to go next on this....

EDIT: Disabled infiSTAR and it works. I'll try now re-enabling infiSTAR but removing me as admin.

With infiSTAR enabled but, with my ID removed the action still doesn't appear. With infiSTAR completely disabled it does appear. 

One noticeable difference is with infiSTAR enabled, whether you are an admin or not, as a new player you skip the gender selection screen....

Any ideas @salival? I've tried turning off the _csa check anyway just in case I didn't have the exception added correctly and still no luck. So, it's obviously something embedded in the infiSTAR code making new players miss the gender selection screen...

4 hours ago, ReDBaroN said:

With infiSTAR enabled but, with my ID removed the action still doesn't appear. With infiSTAR completely disabled it does appear. 

One noticeable difference is with infiSTAR enabled, whether you are an admin or not, as a new player you skip the gender selection screen....

Any ideas @salival? I've tried turning off the _csa check anyway just in case I didn't have the exception added correctly and still no luck. So, it's obviously something embedded in the infiSTAR code making new players miss the gender selection screen...

I have _csa turned off

I don't see why infistar would do that, though, there is a new player check in infistar, I don't know if that could be conflicting or not.

It definitely works for me, I get the starter kit showing every time as well as gender select

11 hours ago, salival said:

I have _csa turned off

I don't see why infistar would do that, though, there is a new player check in infistar, I don't know if that could be conflicting or not.

It definitely works for me, I get the starter kit showing every time as well as gender select

Thanks @salival. So, turns out it is working and most likely always was with every version I was trying. I tried with _csa off and on which didn't make a difference. The only thing that would make it visible to me was to completely disable infiSTAR.

I think you're right that it must be something to do with infiSTAR new player feature as I noticed I didn't once trigger the new player log when trying to test. My guess is that there must be some use of mission namespace....as I literally deleted anything and everything DB related.

In the end, the way I found out it was working was to slip it on to the live server anyway, then one of our admins spectated players who triggered the new player system message. Then he calls me and says....it IS working... omfg! 

I'll try and find out how the new player code works as I would still like to test it, adjust it etc. But, the important thing is it's working. Thanks for your time.

Just one final question, do you have new player turned off then?

1 hour ago, ReDBaroN said:

Thanks @salival. So, turns out it is working and most likely always was with every version I was trying. I tried with _csa off and on which didn't make a difference. The only thing that would make it visible to me was to completely disable infiSTAR.

I think you're right that it must be something to do with infiSTAR new player feature as I noticed I didn't once trigger the new player log when trying to test. My guess is that there must be some use of mission namespace....as I literally deleted anything and everything DB related.

In the end, the way I found out it was working was to slip it on to the live server anyway, then one of our admins spectated players who triggered the new player system message. Then he calls me and says....it IS working... omfg! 

I'll try and find out how the new player code works as I would still like to test it, adjust it etc. But, the important thing is it's working. Thanks for your time.

Just one final question, do you have new player turned off then?

No, I don't have the infistar new player turned off.

I am running quite an older version of infistar which is heavily modified, though v1437

1 hour ago, oldmatechoc said:

I had infistar enabled when testing my version, if you see new player xxx in chat then that player will have the option. @ReDBaroN

Thanks @oldmatechoc. Can you say which infi version you use?

That was the problem, on my test box, deleting all records against my ID in the database still didn't take me to the gender selection screen or post me as a new player in chat. Although, in the journal, i was days alive 0 and fresh in the database. Only way to test it was to completely disable infi.

@salival @oldmatechoc Thanks for your help on this chaps. It turns out it was working all the time as we spectated someone after the infiSTAR new player message came up as you suggested. Odd that I couldn't get myself to be a new player on the test box with all records of me truncated in the database. But, I'll save that for another day. I did look into the code for new player in infiSTAR and it was the same so, I have no idea what else must have been making it miss me on the test box. Important thing is that it's working though. :) 

Thanks again.