"Waiting for server to start Authentication"/Infistar help

mark9095

Question

I know this question is asked multiple times but I cannot find a fix to my server. It all started after I enabled infistar on my server hosting service. After infistar was enabled it warned me that it will make changes to my dayz_server.pbo and I was fine until I tried playing on my server and it gave the "Waiting for server to start Authentication" for 119 seconds then forced me to the lobby. Thankfully I had made myself a backup of the dayz_server.pbo so I replaced it and it and it worked with my backup. So my question is how can I have infistar and remove the "Waiting for server to start Authentication" bug? Its something to do with my dayz_server.pbo getting changed after I enable infistar but I do not know what exactly. Any help will be much appreciated thanks! 

Link to the broken dayz_server.pbo after infistar

https://www.mediafire.com/?d1te9ch5r62r41k

Link to my working backup dayz_server.pbo

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2l43dom2267y2y0/dayz_server(2).pbo

17 answers to this question

What do you mean by enable infistar? Infistar should be installed by a line of code in server_functions.sqf (unless they have changed it again, I don't have access to the very latest version to check) 

you aren't with survival servers by chance? 

Can you post rpt when loading both versions 

*edit* Just tried both PBO's on my test server and both work fine, so the issue is elsewhere.

You can see in the first one at the end, a load of files aren't being found. This points to the file structure of the pbo being corrupted when it's being recompiled.  Most likely when they are trying to "enable" infistar. 

However, as I said, I tried both pbo's you supplied on my server and they both worked.  I believe them to be the same pbo, just renamed.  There are no differences between them at all.

It would be a lot easier if you just bought infistar direct and installed it yourself. It's only one line of code but I guess you've paid for it now. You will have to get your host to sort it out, as there isn't anything you can do apart from as I said, do it yourself. 

Have you tried this yet?

Edit nevermind. This is only for the bought version of infistar.

nitrado doesn't make direct changes to your pbo's,

they start infistar from somewhere else(different path)

so i don't see a way to remove that, unfortunatly

That one works fine too and still no mention of Infistar in there.

I think, and may well be wrong, that when you launch the game it tries to create a new pbo with the infistar code added, but somewhere along the line it gets corrupted.

Do you have the infistar files in your root folder anywhere? If so, you can just manually add the launch line in server_functions for it and disable that checkbox they give you.

2 hours ago, lwbuk said:

That one works fine too and still no mention of Infistar in there.

I think, and may well be wrong, that when you launch the game it tries to create a new pbo with the infistar code added, but somewhere along the line it gets corrupted.

Do you have the infistar files in your root folder anywhere? If so, you can just manually add the launch line in server_functions for it and disable that checkbox they give you.

I have no infistar files anywhere on my arma 2 directory's.  However when I enable infistar it creates a folder called @AH and inside of it contains AHconfig.sqf which I believe is my infistar menu. I will have an image below.

Capturety.PNG

1 hour ago, Cherdenko said:

you can't they are in a folder you can't acces, as this is only the free version of infistar.

i've been to nitrado and have to say they are pretty much bullshit

Yea I contacted their support team and the only thing they said is if the error keeps happening reinstall your server which I have multiple times and I have tried fixing it but no luck. At that point they basically said its not their problem its infistar so they said to contact them which is massive bs. 

Yes it seems as Chernenko says, they do it a werid way. 

Really  your only option is to buy it and install it.  Doesn't fully explain your pbo problem though, there must be something going on in the background that's changing it, as it looses the file structure every time you get them to load infistar. 

Can you see a date in that infistar file? If its old, then it is the hosts problem, they should be supplying an up,to date version 

I bet it's one of two things - either your host can't follow basic instructions to install infistar (most likely from your description of the directory it created in the PBO which is not the right way) OR you had a bad pbo repack. A new version of infistar dropped a couple days ago (1442) - uncheck the infistar box on your server as they don't seem to be one-click-installing it correctly, then extract your pbo and install infistar follwing the instructions and I bet it will work just fine. NOTE: There's a new resec file included with infistar now be sure to add it and make the call for it in your mission init, and disable the builtin resec for full functionality.

The BE filters with the new version of infistar are as bad as ever though so be prepared to do a lot of filtering with all the server attacks going on right now. On that note: Whoever is helping these scriptkids is very knowlegeable in arma code and scripting and most likely a part of this community so the scriptkids get new info just as fast or faster than we do - so you have to stay on top of your filters and watch for users bypassing them via good ol fashioned logging and make multiple backups a day just in case.

EDIT: Also if you have a sonicwall you can use app detection and block anyone trying to connect through a vpn or proxy from connecting to your server. Most people who visit your sever to do work aren't going to give up their public IP to you. Helps block most scriptkids. Another good idea is to use as much of the "stock" BE filtering that you can - you REALLY only need the publicvariables and eval from infistar to keep your AH from booting you. Beyond that block the dedicated server interface from being accessed in scripts with a kick & log so you know who it was - then work in filters from the stock scripts.txt and log them until everything is filtered out. YMMV I'm still a noob at this but I'm getting better lol.