[HOW-TO] DankHax Prevention

BigEgg

Hey everyone,

I just figured I would drop a line and save everyone some head-aches for a while at least.

Step 1:

Remove infistars trash scripts.txt

Step 2:

Create a new scripts.txt and add the following to it:

//new2
4 dedicatedServerInterface 
4 openDSInterface !="a _lbindex;\n};\n\nif (_lbselected == \"DSInterface\") then {openDSInterface;};\nif (isMultiplayer) then {player createDiarySubject [\""
5 reRunCheck

This will prevent people from using the server control panel in game, and will block the dankhax injector entirely.

This variable could obviously be changed by them, so to be even safer, you could also filter for execVM.

Hope it helps :)

yay!!!!!! a fix for parentless humans wasting oxygen.. is it going to rewire their brain too to think rationally? I mean the mentality of these hackers is great, in 10 years they'll be on the street going through garbage cans for food because they screwed and cheated out everyone close to them... I love karma....

On 25/07/2017 at 1:34 PM, theduke said:

yay!!!!!! a fix for parentless humans wasting oxygen.. is it going to rewire their brain too to think rationally? I mean the mentality of these hackers is great, in 10 years they'll be on the street going through garbage cans for food because they screwed and cheated out everyone close to them... I love karma....

That's at least not my plan, tho I don't know about others...

2 hours ago, finplayer21 said:

That's at least not my plan, tho I don't know about others...

Guess you didnt get the karma part lol. So ill try to make this a bit clearer for you. When you spit in the air, it falls back in your face...  thats called karma.  You do bad things to others in life, bad things happen to you. Thats karma... Point being is, when you get off by ruining someones hard work, because of i dont know, jealousy, or hate, or just mad your mom didnt make slap your dad for not wearing a condom.. dont matter the reason, but when you do try to ruin communities, just know you're a VERY LOW person...  Same LOW as thieves that are too lazy to work for a living (i work roughly 90 hrs a week)

So one day, after you fail to get a good job, because of your past biting you in the ars, or you get into a car accident, or you know, something really, really, REALLY bad happens to you... think of this convo... and remember KARMA...

Karma goes both ways btw.. If you do GOOD, good things happen to you...

(im working on building a  business to get homeless people off the streets including veterans and handicaps, whom our GOV cares 2 cents for, someone has to)  < guess what, good things are happening to me. great things for that matter...

These hackers remind me of something funny....  " i started doing this to protect myself, now i just wreck communities because i can and have power and no one can stop me"  Great, so now we have dayz players trying to become politicians lol

so please, realize that you're only doing wrong to others who work just as hard.

You want to do something worth your while, go hack a rothschild bank or something, and wipe all mortgages... now thats something to be proud of.. not hacking arma 2 dayz servers, a mod where its almost dead already lol

9 hours ago, theduke said:

Guess you didnt get the karma part lol. So ill try to make this a bit clearer for you. When you spit in the air, it falls back in your face...  thats called karma.  You do bad things to others in life, bad things happen to you. Thats karma... Point being is, when you get off by ruining someones hard work, because of i dont know, jealousy, or hate, or just mad your mom didnt make slap your dad for not wearing a condom.. dont matter the reason, but when you do try to ruin communities, just know you're a VERY LOW person...  Same LOW as thieves that are too lazy to work for a living (i work roughly 90 hrs a week)

So one day, after you fail to get a good job, because of your past biting you in the ars, or you get into a car accident, or you know, something really, really, REALLY bad happens to you... think of this convo... and remember KARMA...

Karma goes both ways btw.. If you do GOOD, good things happen to you...

(im working on building a  business to get homeless people off the streets including veterans and handicaps, whom our GOV cares 2 cents for, someone has to)  < guess what, good things are happening to me. great things for that matter...

These hackers remind me of something funny....  " i started doing this to protect myself, now i just wreck communities because i can and have power and no one can stop me"  Great, so now we have dayz players trying to become politicians lol

so please, realize that you're only doing wrong to others who work just as hard.

You want to do something worth your while, go hack a rothschild bank or something, and wipe all mortgages... now thats something to be proud of.. not hacking arma 2 dayz servers, a mod where its almost dead already lol

I don't believe in karma, I think that's just silly, same as believing in god...

I don't "get off" from nuking servers or killing everyone, I think doing stuff like that is just stupid. I don't even play Arma 2 anymore and when I did I only used ESP and maybe spawned in some stuff, the same stuff Server Admins do.

I just run a business. I don't know what people do with my products, we don't have logging for that, so can't really stop them.

PS: Great that you want to help the homeless, veterans, handicaps, etc, but I live in a social democracy, so they're taken care of over here :)

2 hours ago, Anhor said:

Why the fuck get users like this asocial not a direct ban in this forum?

How am I asocial? I try to reason, while you and @theduke keep saying shit without trying to be reasonable or even somewhat polite. This leads me to believe you're the asocial, since you blame the one with clearly the most social skills as asocial.

Think I will miss my soaps today, just going to set back and watch. lmfao

Thank you @BigEgg for the information. I got wrecked about 2 weeks ago by a hacker, well lets call him/her a POS. Thank god I backup all files. Took me all of 5 minutes to restore. Whats sad is it took the POS more time to do what he/she did.  lol

The problem is not the hackers. The problem is server admins being lazy. You've been given the tools to make your servers secure. SQF is great quite shitty, but it allows you to stop people from deleting your databases.

You've been given BE filters which stop teleport/kill all scripts if you know how to use google. You can stop all scripters if you spend the time to learn how to.

As proof of concept I quickly wrote something that should stop people from deleting your databases. I really don't know about Epochs file structure or how the deleteObj is used. I assume the server might use it for cleaning up some stuff or something, which this might block, so just implement a password for the function, so the server can delete as much stuff as needed or something. I didn't run it so might have stupid syntax error or missing semi-colons...

Place under "//remove from database" in server_deleteObj.sqf

// init the vars
if (isNil "deleteUsers") then {
	deleteUsers = [];
	deleteTimes = [];
};

// see if the user is already present
_index = deleteUsers find _activatingPlayer;

// if not add the user and his time to the array
if (_index == -1) then {
	[deleteUsers, _activatingPlayer] call BIS_fnc_arrayPush;
	[deleteTimes, time] call BIS_fnc_arrayPush;
} else {
	// if the user is present get the time of the last deletion
	_time = deleteTimes select _index;

// check if the old time + 10 is more than current time
	if ((_time + 10) > time) exitWith {
		// if yes then log that the player tried to delete too often
		diag_log format["Player %1 tried to delete after %2 seconds", _activatingPlayer, time - _time];
	} else {
		// if not update the delete time
		deleteTimes set [_index, time];
	};
};

9 hours ago, finplayer21 said:

admins being lazy

F U, like I said took all of 5 minutes to put it back. Boy, was I ready for a nap after that.

Why don't you do something for the community, instead of coming in and telling us what we are doing wrong?  You said and I quote "The problem is not the hackers." Are you kicking me. The problem is the hacker. We come to play and have a good time. You guys just want to F us over.

8 hours ago, Thug said:

F U, like I said took all of 5 minutes to put it back. Boy, was I ready for a nap after that.

Why don't you do something for the community, instead of coming in and telling us what we are doing wrong?  You said and I quote "The problem is not the hackers." Are you kicking me. The problem is the hacker. We come to play and have a good time. You guys just want to F us over.

I'm not sure if you're blind or trolling, but as proof I already posted a script that stops people from deleting your databases. 

If you weren't lazy or incompetent you would have had that script ages ago (since it took me about 5 mins to write it) and proper BE filters to stop hackers. 

3 hours ago, finplayer21 said:

I'm not sure if you're blind or trolling, but as proof I already posted a script that stops people from deleting your databases. 

If you weren't lazy or incompetent you would have had that script ages ago (since it took me about 5 mins to write it) and proper BE filters to stop hackers. 

LOL lazy and incompetent.  WOW wow wow....  Not everyone can write code you know....  so if you think you know how to write code, then others should too right??  then it should be the same for morals... I have morals, i would assume you have too, but wrong, you are dont have morals.  thats what you call a hypocrite.... Then you turn around and say your not the hacker, but you run a business. I can only assume you sell hacks... in my eyes thats worst than the hacker.... The way you;re going, i hope one day a real hackers takes control of your life, maybe the car you'll be drivin... any children???? please dont reproduce!!!!!!!

We have enough trump mentality in this world...I would love to say a few things to you, but i'm not getting banned from these forums, and probly not worth it..... but people like you, who sit behind a screen and pull off shit like this, would be some fun to have right in front of me right now... Id pull a homer on bart!!! and wouldnt let go period!

and yeah im lazy, 90 hours a week plus taking care of my pregnant wife... I have PLENTY of time to sit here and try and figure out these hacks.... like really!!?? come one now... I still tried, spent many hours trying to prevent these hacks... plenty of research. obviously not enough... but i have a life. ill be damn if im going to stop my life for some little child minded brainless hacker.  I just wish these people had the balls to come near me in RL.......Dexter all the way!!!

4 hours ago, finplayer21 said:

I'm not sure if you're blind or trolling

I'm done here. Not going to waste my time.

I will leave on this note:

Definition of arrogance

an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions

source:  merriam-webster.com

7 hours ago, finplayer21 said:

BE Filters are a pain in the ass for most users and dare i say impossible for beginners. So many of the servers out there are kids with no idea how to code renting a server from a shitty host who no longer cares about Arma2/epoch.  To be honest you could probably make a decent income building your 'tool' as a replacement to infistar becasue he no longer really supports his product.

Honestly i dont care if someone comes in and blows up my database. To me its like living in the real world.  Sitting here at my house and all of a sudden North Korea learns how to get their long range rockets working and my house is turned into a pile of rubble.

I don't know how to code.  I've not written any scripts though I can install them and troubleshoot better than most of the kids out there running servers. The only reason I am running a server is because I took over from someone with less knowledge than myself and got tired of playing on servers that owners just got tired of running.  I know how to manage a dedicated server. I know how to make backups and restore backups.  Some of us just want to play the game and the options for good servers are few and far between.  

What i really dont understand is what fun is it for someone to log in to a game, kill all players, blow up all bases, exit the game.  Certainly if i was to hack i would do so differently.. Stick around for a few days taunting an admin by headshotting him every time he turned off godmode or some such shit.

Guys, fini is not the one nuking servers. Blaming him for this would be like holding firearms companies liable for all the people there products have killed. Fini helped me a great deal in the past when it came to the running of my server and he is not a bad guy. 

On 28.7.2017 at 5:36 PM, finplayer21 said:

The problem is not the hackers. The problem is server admins being lazy.

Disagree! The "Hackers" are not the problem. Most of them are unable to write a simple script.

The problem is associal honks like you, they sell this stuff for lower motives (so called in the german law about crime for money).

THIS is what I call ASOCIAL!

And BTW Jack, this is the reason why the weapons law in germany is so restrictive. Two things are endless ....... the universe and the stupidy of the people ......... by the universe I´m not sure*

*not from me

I would sell a hack injector for money if I could. It is a video game, real life money alwayssss comes first. These kind of dumb responses from server owners are exactly the thing that keep hackers going. If they can get a reaction out of you, they will.

8 hours ago, theduke said:

LOL lazy and incompetent.  WOW wow wow....  Not everyone can write code you know....  so if you think you know how to write code, then others should too right??  then it should be the same for morals... I have morals, i would assume you have too, but wrong, you are dont have morals.  thats what you call a hypocrite.... Then you turn around and say your not the hacker, but you run a business. I can only assume you sell hacks... in my eyes thats worst than the hacker.... The way you;re going, i hope one day a real hackers takes control of your life, maybe the car you'll be drivin... any children???? please dont reproduce!!!!!!!

We have enough trump mentality in this world...I would love to say a few things to you, but i'm not getting banned from these forums, and probly not worth it..... but people like you, who sit behind a screen and pull off shit like this, would be some fun to have right in front of me right now... Id pull a homer on bart!!! and wouldnt let go period!

and yeah im lazy, 90 hours a week plus taking care of my pregnant wife... I have PLENTY of time to sit here and try and figure out these hacks.... like really!!?? come one now... I still tried, spent many hours trying to prevent these hacks... plenty of research. obviously not enough... but i have a life. ill be damn if im going to stop my life for some little child minded brainless hacker.  I just wish these people had the balls to come near me in RL.......Dexter all the way!!!

It's laziness to not spend the time to learn. Maybe if you have so much going on in real life you shouldn't spend time writing on some epoch forums or running a server?

4 hours ago, kingpapawawa said:

BE Filters are a pain in the ass for most users and dare i say impossible for beginners. So many of the servers out there are kids with no idea how to code renting a server from a shitty host who no longer cares about Arma2/epoch.  To be honest you could probably make a decent income building your 'tool' as a replacement to infistar becasue he no longer really supports his product.

Honestly i dont care if someone comes in and blows up my database. To me its like living in the real world.  Sitting here at my house and all of a sudden North Korea learns how to get their long range rockets working and my house is turned into a pile of rubble.

I don't know how to code.  I've not written any scripts though I can install them and troubleshoot better than most of the kids out there running servers. The only reason I am running a server is because I took over from someone with less knowledge than myself and got tired of playing on servers that owners just got tired of running.  I know how to manage a dedicated server. I know how to make backups and restore backups.  Some of us just want to play the game and the options for good servers are few and far between.  

What i really dont understand is what fun is it for someone to log in to a game, kill all players, blow up all bases, exit the game.  Certainly if i was to hack i would do so differently.. Stick around for a few days taunting an admin by headshotting him every time he turned off godmode or some such shit.

I don't do stupid stuff like that, i'm against it, that's why i posted code to stop people from deleting your databases. Also here's an example of the "pain in the ass" script filters that will block tp/kill all:

Add this to BEServer.cfg 

MaxSetPosPerInterval 5 1
MaxSetDamagePerInterval 3 1