virtual garage

samnotts

Question

3 minutes ago, kingpapawawa said:

if you installed the correct version and you followed all the directions you should do as asked before. post the serve rand client rpt files.

I don't think they even understand what extDB is.

I think you guys need to wait until you have a somewhat better idea about what you are doing before you install mods like this. I don't think you guys even have access to your start line to add extDB as you are with GTX Gaming.

=====================================================================
== C:\TCAFiles\Users\sams\38477\arma2oaserver.exe
== arma2oaserver.exe  -ip=193.111.186.164 -port=2307 "-config=SC\config.cfg" "-cfg=SC\basic.cfg" "-profiles=SC" -name=SC "-mod=-mod = @extDB;@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;"
=====================================================================

"-mod= -mod= @extDB;@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;"

Is wrong

Should be

"-mod=@extDB;@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;"

Thats why dayz launcher isnt recognising it.

also an error in your infistar

_ALLOWED_Dialogs = _ALLOWE>
20:02:35   Error Missing [
20:02:35 File a2_infiSTAR\AHconfig.sqf, line 112
20:02:35 Error in expression <0,
];

Also noticed this, which is my bad, from adding the gems to the dzms missions.

19:40:15 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.ItemSapphire'.

Shouldnt affect anything, but is spamming the rpt a bit

You obviously need to take more care when copying/pasting and writing and read instructions carefully.  Read them through several times, double check everything. 

-mod=-mod=  Is a pretty easy thing to spot if you went over all the steps you did when installing the script.

Dayz launcher even pointed you to it, when it said couldn't load -mod=@extdb

What is? Virtual garage?  How come loads of people are running it then on gtx and gaming deluxe and others? 

The only thing that's wrong is the install that's been done.  It works fine when it installed correctly. 

well the guy who said installed it said that he went over to feargaming and spoke to the owener   and he put it on his test server and it work fine and he told him to tell me  it gtx that is stoppinng from having it on my server 

All you need to do is ask them to create a extdb database for you, but with salivals script Im not sure  you even need to do that, you can just run the sql query to create the new tables on your existing database  

@jakeque had this running on a gtx server before he went to a Dedi box, so it works fine with gtx. 

It it not working for you because it's installed wrong, that's all. 

@samnotts  I just bought a GTX server to test this out on. I installed thier epoch community pack and then added Virtual garage following @salival  instructions. I used my exisiting database and just ran the SQL query to make a new table.

There is one step that stops you from getting this to work without the hosts help.

You need to email them and ask them to upload the extDB.dll to the @extDB folder.

Users do not have permissions to upload dll files. They will ask you to winzip the file and send it to them, they will then upload it.

I now have a fully working Virtual Garage on my GTX server.

So dude from FEAR was talking out of his arse.

Lots thats probably shouldnt be.

• Single Coin Currency
  • Plot For Life
  • Plot Management
  • Group Management
  • Lift & Tow
  • Service points
  • Deploy anything
  • Custom start gear
  • Backpack antitheft
  • No weight limit
  • Slow zombies
  • 1 Step build
  • Andre Convoys
  • Spawn Select
  • Para Spawn

You can also pay to have a list of other things installed, mainly map areas and addons, but also ESS. Note they stress you paying for the install, not for the mod.. Still a bit cheeky though.

The community pack is free

I wouldn't ever pay to have someone "install" a map add on that consists of one line of code. 

Survival servers can't even get a vanilla epoch install right, so I would hold out any hope for anything else.