Official stance on building in towns and cities?

ToejaM

Just wondering, whats the Epoch stance on building in towns and cities?

I'm talking the major ones, cherno/elektro/zeleno/vybor/stary ect ect - everything major.

Do you think it should be possible?

It comes with such a wide array of variables building in towns, from cutting off loot spawns, to loot being too easy for the owners to get. Eventually all cities and towns would be cut off.

Should it stop zombies spawning? Eventually again the server would be entirely clear and it'd be called just Day Epoch ;)

Does anyone use the !canbuild function in many of the cities and towns? Care to share? :) I'm considering doing this to prevent building in these areas.

We personally don't allow it and we have quite a long guidelines thread on it to keep it fair, we allow building in rogue buildings with the information that they must remember these buildings will always be destructible. Feel free to source it out on our forums for a full list that we have implemented for balance.

No blocking high val loot spawns, airfields, multistory ind . 

I do have a group who is using the church in novy sobor as a camp and a couple groups have used those large brown barns all over the map.  Those town camps where zeds spawn are quick to buildup but a pain in the long run.

I use  a vonick with a heavy cannon for cleanup duties on abandoned or poorly thought out camps.

yea we just restrict players from blocking off high value loot areas. We dont mind players securing the odd buildings in and around towns as they are obviously very vulnerable using them but if a whole major town was secured such as Elektro or cherno we would have to intervene . So far our server pop means we havent had any major threats of this yet though.  We have secured bases at most of the major castles but we put in pre-fab structures in rural areas that are perfect for players to use to secure and barricade/build from too so most bases are out in the sticks on our server.  

Our stance is that it should be allowed due to the fact you can destroy or remove the objects. It is more interesting when you go to loot a building and find out that something changed like a door way blocked. Then you have to decide how bad you want into that structure (time vs reward).

• 2 weeks later...

Our stance is that it should be allowed due to the fact you can destroy or remove the objects. It is more interesting when you go to loot a building and find out that something changed like a door way blocked. Then you have to decide how bad you want into that structure (time vs reward).

I think its great, on BMRF1 someone did an awesome job on the berenzino supermarket, with a fenced yard and a ladder that goes to nearby buildings near rooftops that are not normally accessible with vanilla, it really looks nice and great example of something players can do that has creative functionality and aesthetic.