[Release] Virtual Garage [Updated for 1.0.7]

salival

On 1/2/2018 at 9:50 PM, salival said:

Virtual Garage will by default tie the garage to the nearest plot pole, if no plot pole is found (i.e a communal garage) then it's done by the playerUID of the person.

https://github.com/oiad/virtualGarage/blob/master/dayz_code/init/variables.sqf#L10

Set that to false to disable the behaviour you are describing

other players can take my vehicles

vg_removeKey = true; // Remove the key from the players inventory after storing vehicle?
vg_requireKey = true; // Require the player to have the key when storing a locked vehicle.
vg_storeWithGear = true; // Allow storing vehicles with gear?
vg_tiedToPole = true; // Tie the virtual garage to a local plot pole? If no plot pole is present (i.e a communal garage at a trader etc) the players UID will be used.

4 hours ago, Tanita-Corp said:

other players can take my vehicles

vg_removeKey = true; // Remove the key from the players inventory after storing vehicle?
vg_requireKey = true; // Require the player to have the key when storing a locked vehicle.
vg_storeWithGear = true; // Allow storing vehicles with gear?
vg_tiedToPole = true; // Tie the virtual garage to a local plot pole? If no plot pole is present (i.e a communal garage at a trader etc) the players UID will be used.

use vg_tiedToPole = false; the garage will be a per-player storage and other players cannot access another. I will likely look at adding an authorized player list, similar to a plot pole, when I get time.

this code work:

if (_typeOfCursorTarget in vg_List) then {
        _hasAccess = [player, _cursorTarget] call FNC_check_access;
        _allowed = ((_hasAccess select 0) or (_hasAccess select 2) or (_hasAccess select 3) or (_hasAccess select 4));
            if (s_garage_dialog < 0 && _allowed) then {
                s_garage_dialog = player addAction [localize "STR_VG_VIRTUAL_GARAGE","custom\virtualGarage\virtualGarage.sqf", [], 5, false];
            };
        } else {
        player removeAction s_garage_dialog;
        s_garage_dialog = -1;
    };

36 minutes ago, Tanita-Corp said:

this code work:

if (_typeOfCursorTarget in vg_List) then {
        _hasAccess = [player, _cursorTarget] call FNC_check_access;
        _allowed = ((_hasAccess select 0) or (_hasAccess select 2) or (_hasAccess select 3) or (_hasAccess select 4));
            if (s_garage_dialog < 0 && _allowed) then {
                s_garage_dialog = player addAction [localize "STR_VG_VIRTUAL_GARAGE","custom\virtualGarage\virtualGarage.sqf", [], 5, false];
            };
        } else {
        player removeAction s_garage_dialog;
        s_garage_dialog = -1;
    };

Your changes make no difference to the original changes as posted on github. As @icomradementioned, set vg_tiedToPole to false and other players will not be able to take your vehicles out of your garage.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SmokeyBR said:

correct me if im wrong....

if i update virtual garage and stop using @extDB i will not be able to share garage between servers since hiveext will only look for the table inside your dayz_epoch database. or will i ? if so how ?

The garage table is tied to the Object DB which can be separated from the per-instance DB, and shared between servers. You can test this out on a local server to ensure it meets your needs by customizing the highlighted config group in HiveExt.ini and matching the settings on all your servers. Ensure VGTable name is also the same on all your servers

However, as a side effect you will also need to copy your object table contents to the shared ObjectDB

https://github.com/oiad/virtualGarage/blob/master/DZE_Server_Config/HiveExt.ini#L86-L97

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dandude7 said:

Hey, do you have any idea as to why I'm getting stuck on "Searching for vehicles" when accessing the garage dialog?

From what I'm sure of, I've installed it correctly.

Thanks in advanced :D

I'll answer here instead of GitHub.

There are quite a few reasons why, database isn't set up right, hivedll not changed, realistically I'm only guessing since you have provided no client or server rpt.

Please in future provide these if you ask for help, it makes it significantly easier for me / the community to diagnose problems instead of back and forth dialog

14 hours ago, salival said:

I'll answer here instead of GitHub.

There are quite a few reasons why, database isn't set up right, hivedll not changed, realistically I'm only guessing since you have provided no client or server rpt.

Please in future provide these if you ask for help, it makes it significantly easier for me / the community to diagnose problems instead of back and forth dialog

Gotcha, managed to sort it now too. It was an issue with the database, being an idiot I completely forgot to replace my Hive dll, must of mis-read the step with the .ini configuration.

Cheers for the fast reply mate, means a lot :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, JakeQue said:

@salival Is there a way of displaying the total number of vehicles in the garage + the vg_limit number in the VG menu please?

so like 5 / 10     =       DB total  / vg_limit 

Yes, but that would only work if you are using a numerical limit and not the per vehicle class limit

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Tanita-Corp said:

not work option

Do you have this line in your player_storeVehicle.sqf?

https://github.com/oiad/modPack/blob/a9e4d923e4fc58e0a598c3e3605f4bc9fc296ac6/DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus/scripts/virtualGarage/player_storeVehicle.sqf#L101