[Release] Virtual Garage [Updated for 1.0.7]

salival

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, totis said:

Hi salival, great script, tnx

I have an issue where players can access other players virtual garage and access other ppl's vehicles from them.

They need the key to use but they can still access from garage.

Any ideas why is this issue?

Virtual Garage will by default tie the garage to the nearest plot pole, if no plot pole is found (i.e a communal garage) then it's done by the playerUID of the person.

https://github.com/oiad/virtualGarage/blob/master/dayz_code/init/variables.sqf#L10

Set that to false to disable the behaviour you are describing

34 minutes ago, WLF said:

Hi !

Where can I adjust the distance from vehicle to plotpole for storing a vehicle? Did not find it in VG's variables.sqf.

This was removed from.virtual garage since it needs to be the same as the deletion codethat was added in 1.0.6.2.

It now uses this variable: https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/blob/master/SQF/dayz_code/configVariables.sqf#L70

i have had a few players store vehciles in garage and then after restart all of there vehciles are dumped out inside there base or around garage, can you think of any reason for this ?

i am using the older version of garage as i could not get this 1 to find the vehicles in the old garage database

any help would be great, especially if it helps me get the newest version working 

only error i am seeing in server rpt is this 

17:17:05 Error in expression <dler ["HandleDamage", {false}];
_object setposATL _location;

clearWeaponCargo>
17:17:05   Error position: <setposATL _location;

clearWeaponCargo>
17:17:05   Error 2 elements provided, 3 expected
17:17:05 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\garage\server_spawnVehicle.sqf, line 100

Edited by inneedofhelp
adding info on error

1 hour ago, inneedofhelp said:

i have had a few players store vehciles in garage and then after restart all of there vehciles are dumped out inside there base or around garage, can you think of any reason for this ?

i am using the older version of garage as i could not get this 1 to find the vehicles in the old garage database

any help would be great, especially if it helps me get the newest version working 

only error i am seeing in server rpt is this 

17:17:05 Error in expression <dler ["HandleDamage", {false}];
_object setposATL _location;

clearWeaponCargo>
17:17:05   Error position: <setposATL _location;

clearWeaponCargo>
17:17:05   Error 2 elements provided, 3 expected
17:17:05 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\garage\server_spawnVehicle.sqf, line 100

I dont know why you think the old version will co exist with the new version.

I've never seen that issue before.

1 minute ago, salival said:

I dont know why you think the old version will co exist with the new version.

I've never seen that issue before.

i dont want them to co exist, i want either your version to be able to find the database table from the old version or to know why players sometimes have vehicles spawn in base at restart, i was wondering if it could maybe be something with masterkey (your version) as the vehicles i know it has happened to have been master keyed

with your version of VG the database table looks to be the same name so is there a way for me to use your garage version for 1062 and have it find the table i have already ?

Hi guys,

Just pushed an update for Virtual Garage to remove vehicle ammo on spawn, heres the blurb:

This is quite a requested feature since players are abusing the garage to get free rearms.

Basically what this does is when the player stores a vehicle, the server (on server startup) will generate a random key.

When the vehicle is spawned, it will check that key against the current server key, if they match, it means the player stored that vehicle this restart and the ammo needs to be stripped, if they don't match this vehicle was obviously stored on a previous restart.

Thanks to @icomrade/@Dayz_Epoch for the random key code and to @icomrade again for the heads up on the turret code on the biki.

See this commit for the changes: https://github.com/oiad/virtualGarage/commit/65a33e7b07efa71c0acfb87ce77cc044f254edb2

13 minutes ago, inneedofhelp said:

i dont want them to co exist, i want either your version to be able to find the database table from the old version or to know why players sometimes have vehicles spawn in base at restart, i was wondering if it could maybe be something with masterkey (your version) as the vehicles i know it has happened to have been master keyed

with your version of VG the database table looks to be the same name so is there a way for me to use your garage version for 1062 and have it find the table i have already ?

Just update your existing database to use the new VG naming structure. 

https://github.com/oiad/virtualGarage/blob/master/SQL/virtualGarageUpdate.sql

hello, I have problem with extdb-conf, who just does not want to log in to my DB; WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Main]
;Threads = 0 
; Default Value is number of CPU Cores Detected

[Logging]
; If u are going to disable Logging for performance reasons, grab the No-Logging Version of extdb
Filter = 2
; 2 = Default Setting, this doesn't take effect till after Config File has been loaded.
;         0 = more cpu intensive, 5 = barely anything except exception handling 
;
; 0 trace
; 1 debug
; 2 info
; 3 warning
; 4 error
; 5 fatal

[Database]
Type = MySQL
; Name of the database you want to store the virtual garage data in, if you want to use your main database enter that here, or use extDB for an external database (if you are doing a hive of virtual garage basically)
Name = ms868.nitrado.net
; mysql username
Username = ni678041_1_DB
; mysql password
Password = 798hLmkt

; ip for your mysql database, you can use localhost if it's on the local machine or an ip address if it's remote (i.e: 1.2.3.4)
IP = localhost
; mysql port
Port = 3306

minSessions = 1
maxSessions = 4
idleTime = 60

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[SOLVED]

Can store vehicles in VG, but the heli pad does not save to DB. Have @ext in root of server. Can see vehicle in data base. Can not see heli pad in DB. Where should I look?

This is what I use to deploy the heli pad,  btw this is a freash install. no errors in rpts

["ItemToolbox",[0,9,2],5,0.9,true,true,false,true,true,false,true,["HeliHCivil"],[],["ItemAmethyst"],"true"]

Taviana 1062\@extDB\extDB\logs\2018\1\18

extDB: Version: 35
extDB: Windows Version
Message: Arma Linux Servers are using Older Physic Library (than Windows Servers), due to Debian 7 using old version of Glibc
Message: If you like extDB consider donating or bug BIS to drop support for Debian 7 thanks, so Linux Servers get same Physic Library Version as Windows
Message: Note currently most/all development for extDB is done on a Linux Server

extDB: Found extdb-conf.ini
extDB: Detected 4 Cores, Setting up 4 Worker Threads
extDB: Database Type: MySQL
extDB: Database Session Pool Started
extDB: DB_RAW_V3: Initialized: ADD_QUOTES True
extDB: Stopping ...

4 hours ago, Thug said:

Can store vehicles in VG, but the heli pad does not save to DB. Have @ext in root of server. Can see vehicle in data base. Can not see heli pad in DB. Where should I look?

This is what I use to deploy the heli pad,  btw this is a freash install. no errors in rpts

["ItemToolbox",[0,9,2],5,0.9,true,true,false,true,true,false,true,["HeliHCivil"],[],["ItemAmethyst"],"true"]

Taviana 1062\@extDB\extDB\logs\2018\1\18

extDB: Version: 35
extDB: Windows Version
Message: Arma Linux Servers are using Older Physic Library (than Windows Servers), due to Debian 7 using old version of Glibc
Message: If you like extDB consider donating or bug BIS to drop support for Debian 7 thanks, so Linux Servers get same Physic Library Version as Windows
Message: Note currently most/all development for extDB is done on a Linux Server

extDB: Found extdb-conf.ini
extDB: Detected 4 Cores, Setting up 4 Worker Threads
extDB: Database Type: MySQL
extDB: Database Session Pool Started
extDB: DB_RAW_V3: Initialized: ADD_QUOTES True
extDB: Stopping ...

Deploy anything does not correctly save anything to the database as far as i can tell. I have made all the changes that @ebayShopper posted here https://github.com/mudzereli/DayZEpochDeployableBike/pull/5/files#diff-dd07e4e2d51bba5d4436efb9b9e48c0c and no saves.  I use the gem crafting script (Alchemy) to deploy Garages and Helipads and it works.

11 minutes ago, gelo534 said:

RPT Log:

"extDB: Error: [0,"Error"] - Unable to connect to the database. Check User/pass/IP settings."

these settings are in extdb-conf.ini and you must have them set wrong

[Database]
Type = MySQL
; Name of the database you want to store the virtual garage data in, if you want to use your main database enter that here, or use extDB for an external database (if you are doing a hive of virtual garage basically)
Name = database_name
; mysql username
Username = 
; mysql password
Password = 

; ip for your mysql database, you can use localhost if it's on the local machine or an ip address if it's remote (i.e: 1.2.3.4)
IP = localhost
; mysql port
Port = 3306

On 1/17/2018 at 8:54 AM, gelo534 said:

hello, I have problem with extdb-conf, who just does not want to log in to my DB; WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You should edit your post to delete the password so none of us have it... 

On 12.11.2017 at 10:36 AM, motschler1 said:

My server is at nitrado. I have data from hostname, port, username, password, database. 
everything correctly entered. I am despairing. I am not a database professional. 
Could anyone help me, please. Greetings from Germany

Hostname
 ms1xxx.nitrado.net

Port

Benutzername
 ni88xxxx_5_DB

Passwort

Datenbank
 ni88xxxx_5_DB

here my extdb-conf

[Database]
Type = MySql
Name = <ni88xxxx_5_DB>
; mysql username
Username = <ni88xxxx_5_DB>
; mysql password
Password = <xxxxxxxx>

IP = ms15xx.nitrado.net
; mysql port
Port = 3306

minSessions = 1
maxSessions = 4
idleTime = 60

Moin, ich habe auch server bei nitrado , und das funktioniert bei dir?