[Release] Virtual Garage [Updated for 1.0.7]

salival

Have you added the correct database details in the extdb-conf.ini

Have you successfully uploaded the extdb.dll file to you server (if on a game host, most do not allow you to upload dll files, you need to ask them to do it)

If you aren't getting the connected to database message, I would presume you've Inputted the details wrong in the config  

39 minutes ago, lwbuk said:

Have you added the correct database details in the extdb-conf.ini

Have you successfully uploaded the extdb.dll file to you server (if on a game host, most do not allow you to upload dll files, you need to ask them to do it)

If you aren't getting the connected to database message, I would presume you've Inputted the details wrong in the config  

The detail are correct... dbname, username and password of my main database.

No game host. Server in house.

1 hour ago, unconditional said:

Hi,

i have installed the garage. But when i select "virtual garage" it open a window with only "scan vehicle" and button "cancel".

In rpt nothing error but i don't seen the diag "connected to database".

Help me...

I had the same issue. Is your database a different one to your main epoch database? It must be different.

Make sure in your ext-db.ini that you just have [Database]  and not [Database2]     and that database type is MYSQL and not SQLITE.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ReDBaroN said:

in the default install, is there anything to prevent a player placing a helipad well away from their base while another player at the flag fetches the vehicle? Or do we need to change plotnearby to true in the deploy config if we want to prevent that?

The config line that I give in the install will only let the helipad be deployed on a plot: https://github.com/oiad/virtualGarage#click-actions-config-install

There is also a distance limit on the check for the helipad: https://github.com/oiad/virtualGarage/blob/master/dayz_code/init/variables.sqf#L4

I don't know what you mean by player at the flag, though.

3 minutes ago, ReDBaroN said:

sorry one final question...where do vehicles go if you don't deploy a heli pad? Just thinking in case a player forgets etc...

If you have no helipads, LAND vehicles will find a safe position to spawn in: https://github.com/oiad/virtualGarage/blob/master/scripts/virtualGarage/player_getVehicle.sqf#L27-L32

Air vehicles will complain about needing a helipad to spawn on: https://github.com/oiad/virtualGarage/blob/master/scripts/virtualGarage/player_getVehicle.sqf#L26

ive had a player contacted me saying he was storing vehicles on the VG but vehicles would never show up, took a look on the database and in fact none of the vehicles he was storing was being written to the database.

After a few checks of log server and client with no errors displaying, notice his name had a character ´ i ask him to remove it from his name and it was the problem.

The script exits fine with final message  "Your (vehicle name) has been stored in your garage." but vehicle is never written to the database. did not go throw all the topic but if its unknown issue a heads up wont hurt.

16 minutes ago, SmokeyBR said:

ive had a player contacted me saying he was storing vehicles on the VG but vehicles would never show up, took a look on the database and in fact none of the vehicles he was storing was being written to the database.

After a few checks of log server and client with no errors displaying, notice his name had a character ´ i ask him to remove it from his name and it was the problem.

The script exits fine with final message  "Your (vehicle name) has been stored in your garage." but vehicle is never written to the database. did not go throw all the topic but if its unknown issue a heads up wont hurt.

Ahh, same problem I've had before but for display name, I'll submit a fix tonight when I get home from work and update this thread, cheers.

8 hours ago, SmokeyBR said:

Fixed here: https://github.com/oiad/virtualGarage/commit/371e191f719532decb46b37c8def5d076eb1a229