Wicked AI/Mission system

Markk311

Hello everyone,

can someone advice me how to achive that parachutes get dropped as soon as the player is 10meters from the center or crate?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings Ryker

EDIT:

i found a snippet from sinatrad, but i dunno how to get it work...

if (_playerPresent) then {

waitUntil
{

sleep 5;

_playerPresent = false;

{if((isPlayer _x) AND (_x distance _position <= 5)) then {_playerPresent = true};}forEach playableUnits;

(_playerPresent)

};

Hi,

i have problems with Launcher, AI dont use Launchers because they have no ammo i thing ???

Can anyone help me please?

Here the entries!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

WAI/config.sqf

wai_use_launchers            = true;                                // add a rocket launcher to each spawned AI group

---

ai_wep_launchers_AT            = ["M136","RPG18","JAVELIN"];
        ai_wep_launchers_AA            = ["Strela","Igla","STINGER"];

WAI/compile/spawn_group.sqf

if (!isNil "_launcher" && wai_use_launchers) then {
        call {
            //if (_launcher == "Random") exitWith { _launcher = (ai_launchers_AT + ai_launchers_AA) call BIS_fnc_selectRandom; };
            if (_launcher == "at") exitWith { _launcher = ai_wep_launchers_AT call BIS_fnc_selectRandom; };
            if (_launcher == "aa") exitWith { _launcher = ai_wep_launchers_AA call BIS_fnc_selectRandom; };
        };
        _rocket = _launcher call find_suitable_ammunition;
        _unit addMagazine _rocket;
        _unit addWeapon _launcher;
    };

Hi,

i have problems with Launcher, AI dont use Launchers because they have no ammo i thing ???

Can anyone help me please?

Here the entries!

WAI/config.sqf

wai_use_launchers            = true;                                // add a rocket launcher to each spawned AI group

---

ai_wep_launchers_AT            = ["M136","RPG18","JAVELIN"];

ai_wep_launchers_AA            = ["Strela","Igla","STINGER"];

WAI/compile/spawn_group.sqf

if (!isNil "_launcher" && wai_use_launchers) then {

call {

//if (_launcher == "Random") exitWith { _launcher = (ai_launchers_AT + ai_launchers_AA) call BIS_fnc_selectRandom; };

if (_launcher == "at") exitWith { _launcher = ai_wep_launchers_AT call BIS_fnc_selectRandom; };

if (_launcher == "aa") exitWith { _launcher = ai_wep_launchers_AA call BIS_fnc_selectRandom; };

};

_rocket = _launcher call find_suitable_ammunition;

_unit addWeapon _launcher;

};

Im not sure why they wouldnt use them as long as it is set to true. They only use them against manned vehicles. 

How i can change the missions spawn as 2 missions at the time?

Hey what happened to the link for the files? I want to put this addon onto my server but link is broken for the download of the files.

New release of this in the forums :) support for multiple missions

Everyone on the server has been mentioning Survivors are shooting at them, even with over 5000 humanity.

Joined myself with a fresh character and notices the same behavior, so it's not a "you shot me first" dealio.

Any ideas?

They don't care if you're a bandit or a hero, they attack all players equally.

Everyone on the server has been mentioning Survivors are shooting at them, even with over 5000 humanity.

Joined myself with a fresh character and notices the same behavior, so it's not a "you shot me first" dealio.

Any ideas?

WAI 2.2.0 beta has a fix implemented for this in the config. as well as locked mission vehicles with key on random ai. Pretty sweet, and combined it makes it more secure to exploits such as a hero walking up to a hero ai group, hopping in an mv22 flying off and making 2 briefs and never taking any risk. I havent tested it but i would hope the ai would engage if fired on by anyone hero or bandit in case some uber-douch still tried to kill an ai at a time in search for the key.

Hey guys, i tried doing this on a overpoch server and when i try logging in it keeps saying "Waiting for server to start authentication" or something like that.

I did exactly as you said i should, please help.

I use WAI on both of my overpoch servers no problem. There is a chance you are unpacking/repacking the PBO incorrectly. 

Post your server_monitor.sqf in a spolier or on pastebin with a link.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Do you mean vehicles the AI drive?  Or just the vehicles that spawn and sit? The ones the AI drive in the missions are loaded with amm by the mission system it's self, not sure where or how to disable it,  The other vehicles shouldn't have ammo, unless you added some extras to the config, then you may have put some vanilla DayZ models in, if you dont already know, if the classname of an armed vehicle is the same except the end is "_DZ"  (DayZ model), or "_DZE" (DayZ Epoch model),   The  " _DZ"  model will spawn with ammo each restart, "_DZE" will not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A couple of questions:

I run a PVE server and I don't want players to lose humanity at hero missions.

• Can I change hero missions into bandits ones?
  • Can I change the humanity lost from killing heros into humanity gain?
  • I read somewhere that it might be possible to make a hero mission friendly to player heros, is this the case and if so, how is it defined?

Thanks in advance.  :)

Andy

• 3 weeks later...