Wicked AI/Mission system

Markk311

It's the same with crates and AI may spawn on a building roof even if given a z coordinate of 0.

Google results for something like "ARMA2 place AI in buildings" suggest that in Arma2 you can only place AI in certain positions of certain buildings and that those positions are given by index per building type and not by coordinate.

I didn't find anything DayZ related, it may well be that the added/modified buildings don't meet the necessary prerequisites.

Certainly, but the procedure seems to be complicated. Again looking at my google results it seems that Arma2 getpos for building slots only returns a standard position and that the actual positioning is done with standard coordinates.

Nevertheless I myself did not manage to position DZMS boxes or bots at well defined positions with height over ground > 0.  Mostly the z coordinate seems to be ignored, but sometimes boxes placed at ground level float 1m in the air... ;-)

If you are more successful I'd be interested!

Started seeing this error in the past couple of days. No changes to anything on the server recently and I can' figure out what is happening. I checked and the wreck is spawning but there are no loot piles. Other AI missions are spawning properly with no errors reported.

10:55:21 "WAI: Starting Mission crash_spawner"
10:55:21 "WAI: Mission Crash_Spawner Started At [5386.83,7482.5]"
10:55:21 UH1Wreck_DZ: MainTurret - unknown animation source MainTurret
10:55:21 UH1Wreck_DZ: MainGun - unknown animation source mainGun
10:55:21 UH1Wreck_DZ: Gatling - unknown animation source Gatling
10:55:22 "_iClass isNil, exiting loot spawn!"
10:55:22 Error in expression <s select _index;
_itemType = _itemTypes select _index;
[_itemType select 0, _ite>
10:55:22   Error position: <select _index;
10:55:22   Error Zero divisor
10:55:22 File z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\missions\missions\crash_spawner.sqf, line 73

Thanks!

I have a few questions, 

- How do you make it that more missions spawn at the same moment?

- Why aint any more mission popping up after 2 hours uptime? 

To have more than one mission spawn at a time you need to run multiple separate mission timers. Take a look at the code for DZMS for an excellent example of how you can do this. to give you an idea of how far you can take this, we run four separate groups of missions from very easy to very hard. Each difficulty of mission has around 6 different scenarios making for a good bit of variety.

I believe WAI has an option to kill the mission that spawned after a certain time then respawn another at another spot. This is a nice feature if a mission lands in a spot no one can access, which is a common problem on NAPF.

To have more than one mission spawn at a time you need to run multiple separate mission timers. Take a look at the code for DZMS for an excellent example of how you can do this. to give you an idea of how far you can take this, we run four separate groups of missions from very easy to very hard. Each difficulty of mission has around 6 different scenarios making for a good bit of variety.

I believe WAI has an option to kill the mission that spawned after a certain time then respawn another at another spot. This is a nice feature if a mission lands in a spot no one can access, which is a common problem on NAPF.

I have my timers set like, 

// Time between missions (seconds)
wai_mission_timer = 350;

// How long before a mission times out (seconds)
wai_mission_timeout = 1800;

And i have to wait 30 minutes after a mission is cleared, and after 2 hours uptime no more missions pop up..  :(

hello 
I want to spawn bots in the lab on my server epoch origins, but the bots spawn on the surface, how to make them appear in the lab? 
thank you

Have you tried entering the actual height for the floor in the labs? If you are able to run an Admin monitor such as the one that comes with many of the Dual Debug monitors or Infistar then you can get the coordinates and height information there. Otherwise, enter the labs and then log out (if your server lets you) then check your player position in the database. 

I suspect that when the height is 0 the game may default to spawn objects/AI at whatever the ground level is for that spot on the map.

Have you tried entering the actual height for the floor in the labs? If you are able to run an Admin monitor such as the one that comes with many of the Dual Debug monitors or Infistar then you can get the coordinates and height information there. Otherwise, enter the labs and then log out (if your server lets you) then check your player position in the database. 

I suspect that when the height is 0 the game may default to spawn objects/AI at whatever the ground level is for that spot on the map.

Labs? Ground levels? uhm?  :blink:

Started seeing this error in the past couple of days. No changes to anything on the server recently and I can' figure out what is happening. I checked and the wreck is spawning but there are no loot piles. Other AI missions are spawning properly with no errors reported.

10:55:21 "WAI: Starting Mission crash_spawner"
10:55:21 "WAI: Mission Crash_Spawner Started At [5386.83,7482.5]"
10:55:21 UH1Wreck_DZ: MainTurret - unknown animation source MainTurret
10:55:21 UH1Wreck_DZ: MainGun - unknown animation source mainGun
10:55:21 UH1Wreck_DZ: Gatling - unknown animation source Gatling
10:55:22 "_iClass isNil, exiting loot spawn!"
10:55:22 Error in expression <s select _index;
_itemType = _itemTypes select _index;
10:55:22   Error position: <select _index;
10:55:22   Error Zero divisor
10:55:22 File z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\missions\missions\crash_spawner.sqf, line 73

Thanks!

you need a new crash_spawner.sqf who is combatible with the new loottable.

I'll give you my version  download

What files all do i need to edit if i want to make a new unit  resistance =  friendly to west and agg to eastern for land veh patrol,  air patrol and ai spawn  land ...This way i can have mission ai Eastern and attack everyone..

Avez-vous essayé d'entrer la hauteur réelle de la chaussée dans les laboratoires? Si vous êtes en mesure d'exécuter un moniteur d'administration tel que celui qui vient avec la plupart des moniteurs double débogage ou Infistar alors vous pouvez obtenir les coordonnées et informations de hauteur là-bas. Sinon, entrez les laboratoires et puis déconnectez-vous (si votre serveur vous permet) puis vérifiez votre position de joueur dans la base de données. 

Je suppose que lorsque la hauteur est 0, le jeu peut par défaut pour frayer objets / AI à quel que soit le niveau du sol est à cet endroit sur la carte.

Je prends les coordonnées sur le moniteur de débogage Infistar, voici quelques coordonnées par exemple.

14804.632, 9942.6318, 0.43865234

14818.136, 9939.833, 4.095118

The 3rd coordinate is height over ground, meaning that z=0 will always (barring some oddities) place the item at ground level, that is: level of bare earth regardless of any buildings placed there.

The problem is that objects placed on an upper floor (or on the ground floor if its height differs from 0) will occur at z=0, ingame.

I don't know why that is the case. Maybe during placement the z coordinate is ignored or the object falls 'through the floor', even though the map buildings are spawned before the object is.

Even stranger: when you place a DZMS crate in a church or near sheds you sometimes find the guarding AIs on top of the sheds (that is at z coordinates greater (!) than the box) or dead, apparently from spawning on the church's roof and falling down, but never in the church.

So there seems to be a more complicated postprocessing to change an object's placement to heights other than defined in it's position argument. 

you need a new crash_spawner.sqf who is combatible with the new loottable.

I'll give you my version  download

aww man, I spent two evenings burning my brain on this... ended up changing one line:

_itemTypes =    [] + getArray (_config >> "lootType");

the one thing I didn't figure out how to change was the spread of the loot. Right now, everything is clustered around the tail of the chopper. no more nice spread.

I noticed the mass graves are like this too... pretty much everything that uses the crash_spawner template.

It is supposed to work like that. If you want all loot to spawn on top of eachother just move

_maxLootRadius = (random _maxLootRadius) + _minLootRadius;
_lootPos = [_pos, _maxLootRadius, random 360] call BIS_fnc_relPos;
outside (to top) the for loop.

So you get something like:

for "_x" from 1 to _num do {
	_index1 = floor(random _cntWeights);
	_index2 = _weights select _index1;
	_itemType = _itemTypes select _index2;
	[_itemType select 0, _itemType select 1, _lootPos, 5] call spawn_loot;
};

for "_x" from 1 to _num do {
	_index1 = floor(random _cntWeights);
	_index2 = _weights select _index1;
	_itemType = _itemTypes select _index2;
	[_itemType select 0, _itemType select 1, _lootPos, 5] call spawn_loot;
};

yeah, that's pretty much what I had.

Before going to 1.0.5.1 I remember a nice spread, where you could pick and choose what you want among the debris. Now I have to loot everything, and dump what I don't want on the side.

I had installed this, checked to see missions were spawning, and they were..

Restarted server and now it isn't working! No missions..

16:27:41 "WAI: AI Config File Loaded"

16:27:41 "WAI: AI Monitor Started"
16:27:41 "WAI: Mission Config File Loaded"
16:27:41 "WAI: Starting AI Missions Moniter"

Is all I see that relates to WAI in the .RPT.

Any ideas please?