IMPORTANT: Players invisible and no gear

JakeQue

For some reason after about 1 hour and half of the server being up, when people spawn they are invisible, when they change clothes they loose their gear...  then they are getting put into a group with loads of other people and can't leave.

This happens over and over but then when the the server restarts it's fine.

PLEASE HELP ASAP!

Id say your server cant sustain the player numbers. Whats your server fps when this ocours?

On my dedi box I couldnt run more than 40 slots before weirdness started. ESS always went mental when server fps got low and people started spawning in debug or without gear.

I was in game just now, I was invisible and in a group I couldnt leave. Also the lag was mighty, took an age for doors to open or for the map to open etc. Also earier spawned in debug.

I think its getting so bogged down, things arent being sent that should be sent.

1 hour ago, lwbuk said:

Id say your server cant sustain the player numbers. Whats your server fps when this ocours?

On my dedi box I couldnt run more than 40 slots before weirdness started. ESS always went mental when server fps got low and people started spawning in debug or without gear.

I was in game just now, I was invisible and in a group I couldnt leave. Also the lag was mighty, took an age for doors to open or for the map to open etc. Also earier spawned in debug.

I think its getting so bogged down, things arent being sent that should be sent.

It's a brand new dedicated server mate I've just paid £115 for the first month. The FPS is absolutely fine, the ping is absolutely fine, no-one is experiencing any Desync either?! 

Doesn't matter how much you pay. I had a Dedi with OVH. After 35 players or so, server fps dropped to around 5 and all sorts of issues started. 

Your players were were complaining of rubber banding, loosing gear, being invisible, joining random groups and not being able to leave .I personally experienced the groups and being invisible  I also experienced desync  

To me this points to server performance, it certainly isn't normal  

Like it or not, arma doesn't respond well to 60 players online for 1 1/2 hours unless you have a beast of a server. 

I've just joined again.. 36 mins to restart.

im invisible, everyone is is invisible, people complaining of lag, groups are screwed again.

its 100% server performance. 

I actually like your server and enjoy playing it, but if you ask for help, then please try and listen to advice. I'm not bashing you I'm just saying how it is. 

Also Experiencing this on our server too and it's really affecting player gameplay.

Any help would be great, better CPU clock speed being a singular-core gameserver? Less scripts? Rectification with the stored data within MySQL? Anything?

It also seems that this issue has been brought up before within this other posted thread.

We have also tried as @DuMa mentioned of using a 64bit mysql database in order to hopefully come to a solution.

Thanks in advanced!

Have no bloody idea. I've done everything imaginable. Only happens when more people come online. They turn invisible when they die, their gear wipes when they change clothes, they are in debug and can't be killed but are able to travel round invisible and when they get a kill it's 30k away. Fuck knows!

3 minutes ago, BigEgg said:

I would be willing to hop on sometime and take a look if you'd like. Chances are it is either the database or scripts running inefficiently.

I've just wiped character data for now will see what happens with that and let you know! Thanks alot @BigEgg

6 minutes ago, JakeQue said:

I've just wiped character data for now will see what happens with that and let you know! Thanks alot @BigEgg

This shouldn't need to be done. I would recommend reverting that wipe. Please post server fps when this occurs and then tell me what you have done to optimize your database.

To check the server fps (not just "how it feels") you need to put #login password in chat (password being your admin password from server.cfg)(if you're paranoid you can put it in vehicle chat or something) and you should then have (Admin) next to your name in the lobby. Then do #monitor 15 to monitor fps for 15 seconds and report the fps. The larger the value the better (fps wise). It should go without saying to do this when you are having issues and report it to us.

You can have a server that "feels fine", runs perfectly smooth as a player but then you'll still notice lag performing actions and such.

You want to check your server.rpt (which you likely have) but you also have a clientside rpt. Every script that runs on the server is either serversided or clientsided or both. If a script is clientsided and is throwing errors you could have server issues even if your server.rpt is clean.

Client RPT is located at "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\local\Arma 2 OA\" as an RPT file.

If both of your RPT clientside and serverside are clean and your server has more than 15fps i would maybe look at the scripts you are running and maybe reevaluate how often they run or what their settings are. Certain scripts can quickly load up the server scheduler leading to things that are tied to the scheduler to come to a standstill. This is what causes things like VCOMAI to cause so much lag as certain parts of the AI choosing locations and such fill the scheduler up.

1 hour ago, DerpEZ said:

@juandayz - Are you willing to have a look for us? We're willing to pay in return of course. At the end of the day the server is non-profit and we just want the community to be able to get together and play without issues.

No mate sory..cannot take money from community users and also really havo no idea were to star to look.. think iben,bigegg,salival,icomrade,ebayhave more experience than me to help you with this

You have been told what it is Jake. I told you in the first reply, but you don't want to seem to believe it.  It happens every time after about 1 1/2 of game play and more than 40 people online. 

The sever just can't cope with it. 

Reduce the player number slots or the restart time and it will stop. 

Weird how yesterday, players numbers were around 30 and it never happened for the whole restart period (and you restarted half an hour early) 

Doesn't that tell you something. 

I know you've spent a lot of money (although with over £255 in donations it's not exactly yours) but just because you throw money at something doesn't mean it will work flawlessly. 

Missions also keep not spawning. WAI default limit is 5fps to spawnng. I do not believe your sever fps is 9 with 60 people on. 

its likely there is another issue underlying that's causing it, i.e. Script error or bad script but the facts are ok it only happens on high pop and near the end of session. 

Until you find this a temporary fix would be to reduce the pop or reduce the session length. 

What I regonize on some differend server was the following:

Server with many, many, many vehicles (some of them says 10.000 vehicles in description) have this .......... low fps, lags and sometimes errors like invisible.

Vehicles in database are impacts the performance a lot.

It´s a reason why I have no free vehicles on my server. If someone wanna drive, use the mountainbike or make money to buy a vehicle.

In my opinion?

This is the curse of "I want most players on my server" mentality and the resulting excesses (all for free and sugar in your ass)

7 hours ago, JakeQue said:

@TheVampire / @salival Server FPS is 9 

I have a very hard time believing this number. I want the number that is showing when this starts happening. Server FPS is auto logged to your RPT, so just post the number that is showing when this is happening on the server.