Epoch For DayZ Standalone?

Flybynight

Personally I doubt they would be interested in attempting to port over assets to a new engine that likely will have poor documentation.
Also if the license for DayZ mod is any sign, I doubt I would want to wrap my code up in the license that will probably be included with modding for Standalone.

By having their own mod for Arma 3 they are able to do as they wish under whichever license they wish. There's no threat of Bohemia possibly coming down and telling them what they can and can't do.

Everything that has been done in DayZ Standalone could be done with enough time and effort by dedicated developers of an Arma 3 mod. Hell for example I even had readable books programmed two years or so ago for A3: 2017 mod, unfortunately that code is probably gone now.

3 hours ago, TheVampire said:

Personally I doubt they would be interested in attempting to port over assets to a new engine that likely will have poor documentation.
Also if the license for DayZ mod is any sign, I doubt I would want to wrap my code up in the license that will probably be included with modding for Standalone.

By having their own mod for Arma 3 they are able to do as they wish under whichever license they wish. There's no threat of Bohemia possibly coming down and telling them what they can and can't do.

Everything that has been done in DayZ Standalone could be done with enough time and effort by dedicated developers of an Arma 3 mod. Hell for example I even had readable books programmed two years or so ago for A3: 2017 mod, unfortunately that code is probably gone now.

Good points all around.  I just know how fun Epoch as back in the day and would like to see it carry on. 2017 was another mod that certainly had promise.