best hosting company?

Bandolero

Question

wondering if anyone had recommendations for a good hosting company for dayz mod. i currently have gtxgaming but anytime my server hits 20+ players it begins to lag noticeably, only pulling around 24 fps. I even paid extra for "Realtime CPU Priority" but Im going to remove it because it doesnt do anything, even though tech support keeps telling me it is working properly. ive also had survivalservers in the past and theyre complete shit so i wont even look that way. ive heard good things about bluefang but im not sure i wanna drop $40 to see IF its good. if anyone has a good hosting company to recommend id appreciate it

3 answers to this question

I would highly recommend (depending on your budget) hosting yourself. Here are a couple cheap recommendations for starting off:

NFO Servers offers some really nice virtual machines which would do quite well for a start off. I would recommend the 4 or 6 core and would also recommend getting a 10 GB SSD added to it for your database.

https://www.nfoservers.com/order-virtual-dedicated-server.php

Or, if you can afford a little more, start off with a server from soyoustart. They offer a really nice cheap selection of servers. Here is my recommendation (that is in stock at this time):

https://www.soyoustart.com/us/offers/143sys10.xml

Comes with a nice amount of SSDs and OVH DDOS protection. Total with the rented windows license would come to around $75 a month.

yeah its looking like renting a VDS is the best way to go, all these game server hosts have the same BS bout  "pay $500 for high cpu priority", which doesnt do shit, and I only say that cause i have "realtime" cpu usage from GTXGaming and it makes no difference. I mainly want to fix lag like safes taking an eternity to open/close, which happens on my server around 25+ players, also people "falling" through bases when in reality theyre walking around inside it, vehicles taking a few seconds to spawn at a trader, that type of shit.