How to increase Terrain Grass

xnutellabeastx

Question

I'm trying to figure out how to increase the amount of grass there is, and I cant seem to get it to work. I've read just about every post regarding on how to decrease the grass, so I could get an idea on how to increase it. Here is my init.sqf.

dayz_sellDistance_vehicle = 10;
dayz_sellDistance_boat = 30;
dayz_sellDistance_air = 40;
dayz_maxAnimals = 15; // Default: 8
dayz_tameDogs = true;
DynamicVehicleDamageLow = 0; // Default: 0
DynamicVehicleDamageHigh = 100; // Default: 100
DZE_BuildOnRoads = true; // Default: False
DZE_requireplot = 0;
DZE_ConfigTrader = true;
DZE_MissionLootTable = true;
setViewDistance 1700;
setTerrainGrid 12.5;

EpochEvents = [["any","any","any","any",30,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",0,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",15,"supply_drop"]];
dayz_fullMoonNights = true;

5 answers to this question

setTerrainGrid 25;   This is what is recommended for multi player.

If you use infistar, there used to be a setTerrainGrid value set in the ahconfig.sqf so check there aswell.

Are you trying to add more grass at a certain distance? If so, I think the Arma 2 grass only renders a couple hundred meters in view of the player, if it's even that much.

Im not so sure you will see any more grass beyond the 12.5 setting. I think anything after 12.5 using setTerrainGrid will result in no more grass, but higher map texture detail only.

Does setTerrainGrid work to lower the grass amount when set to 50 in your init.sqf?

12 hours ago, Helion4 said:

setTerrainGrid 25;   This is what is recommended for multi player.

If you use infistar, there used to be a setTerrainGrid value set in the ahconfig.sqf so check there aswell.

Are you trying to add more grass at a certain distance? If so, I think the Arma 2 grass only renders a couple hundred meters in view of the player, if it's even that much.

Im not so sure you will see any more grass beyond the 12.5 setting. I think anything after 12.5 using setTerrainGrid will result in no more grass, but higher map texture detail only.

Does setTerrainGrid work to lower the grass amount when set to 50 in your init.sqf?

Yes. When I set it to 50 it works, but I want it so the grass is really high and plentiful so it has a realistic feeling to it. And I have no infistar.

8 hours ago, xnutellabeastx said:

Yes. When I set it to 50 it works, but I want it so the grass is really high and plentiful so it has a realistic feeling to it. And I have no infistar.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setTerrainGrid

• 50 - smoothest, less lag
  • 25 - default in multiplayer
  • 12.5 - default in singleplayer
  • 3.125 - bumpiest, higher lag