[RELEASE] CT Tools

ViktorReznov

These are not my scripts, just a tools i found buried in some of my 1042 server files (memory lane....) that I have not been able to find anywhere else.

LootPos_Diag.sqf <- this code will execute a script that will take your (very relative) position and output it to your .rpt. I find this useful in defining new loot positions.

Spoiler

hint "Show Loot Position";

_building = nearestObject [player, "Building"];
_relPos = _building worldToModel (getPosATL player);
_getBuildingName = typeOf nearestBuilding position player;

_timeFactor = time;
player sideChat format ["Copied to clipboard! :: %1", _timeFactor];
x = _relPos select 0;
y = _relPos select 1;
z = _relPos select 2;

hint format ["%4 :: {%1,%2,%3};", x, y, z, _getBuildingName];
diag_log text format ["[DEVTOOL] Copied BldgPos to RPT %4 :: {%1,%2,%3};",x, y, z, _getBuildingName];

copyToClipboard format ["%4 :: {%1,%2,%3};", x, y, z, _getBuildingName];

You can insert this to execute by keypress using a custom Keyboard.sqf or do like i did and make it an admin only (via admintools) wheel menu command.

Spoiler

admintools wheel menu command, you can drop this anywhere in the "ADMIN ONLY MENU" or pretty much wherever you like, just update the menu list appropriately

EAT_adminMenu = EAT_adminMenu + [["Retrieve Loot Pos",[],"", -5,[["expression", format[_EXECgenTools,"LootPos_Diag.sqf"]]], "1", "1"]];

or make a call in keyboard.sqf to exec the script itself(or straight run the script)

This next tool is so simple, snazzy n sexy. I love it! Trying to find the classname of whatever the *&%^ you are looking at.

Near the bottom of a custom keyboard.sqf insert BEFORE/ABOVE/INFRONTOF     _handled

if ((_dikCode == 0x29) && (EAT_isAdmin)) then {
	_obj = cursortarget;
	if (!isNull _obj) then {
		_charID = _obj getVariable ["CharacterID","0"];
		_objID 	= _obj getVariable["ObjectID","0"];
		_objUID	= _obj getVariable["ObjectUID","0"];
		_lastUpdate = _obj getVariable ["lastUpdate",time];

systemchat format["%1: charID: %2, objID: %3, objUID: %4, lastUpdate: %5",typeOF _obj,_charID,_objID,_objUID,_lastUpdate];
	};
};

_handled         <============= NOTHING GOES AFTER THIS!

I have this set to use the Tilde key (that funky little key to the left of 1 amd above tab) 

AGAIN, did not create these but found them buried in an old A$$ server/client pbo that I have spent forever looking for!

@NoxSicarius @JasonTM  Possibly consider adding to the already awesome tools!?

Also any other administrative tools people would be willing to share, little knick knack scripts like this solved so many problems for me and Im sure there are more out there! Lets source them here! Love this community, ive literally grown up with it.

Interesting. That first tool looks a bit like @Pwnoz0r's loot position finder tool.

http://opendayz.net/threads/find-building-loot-positions.11031/

I have been working a bit on the admin tools lately. I added a server side function for spawning temp vehicles with a server-side event handler to pass the information between client and server. This prevents the battleye kicks. I'll take a look at these when I get some time. I'm still waiting on Nox to respond in the admin tools thread.

By the way, there is already a show current position in the admin tools that writes to the RPT. It's in the epoch tools section.