Server Maps

azzdayz

Hey guys,

Just wanna kinda bring this up and throw this out there for anyone that might know more.

I have a small server and wanted to have a smaller map. I have been looking at some of the other maps and they are all quite big. Utes is really small and I almost thought about messing around with that one, but I wanted it to be at least a little bigger, LOL

Does anyone know what the deal is with Jade Groove? There is no clear information on it and doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. That would have been a great sized map, but I cant find the bikeys for it or anything.

Other than that would anyone have a suggestion as to a good map to use if you have a low end server?

Thanks,

There are very few good small maps that 'work' with the Dayz Epoch mod. Most of them are built for the purpose of battle simulations. So there are very few enterable buildings or big towns or cities. Most of them are desert or large open land with an airfield in the middle. The best maps for Dayz/Epoch have already been used and are the ones still in the Dayz launcher list tbh.

My personal favourite smaller map is Thirsk & the winter variant. You can find the maps on Armaholic Thirsk -Map

Jade Groove is on Armaholic and it has server keys too if thats what you're looking for - J.Groove 

Takistan, although not one of my top 5 maps, has always been good for server performance in my experience.

I may have to try Takistan, but that map looks huge, not sure how that helps server performance. Jade Groove does not seem to provide MPMissions folder and Instance folder like all the other maps so it must be something that is set up different.

If anyone knows how to set it up I would love some pointers. I downloaded the PBO's off the website, but the bikeys don't seem to work. It is very confusing and that just might be the reason I don't see any Jade Groove maps. If anyone wants to message me on how to get Jade Groove up and running that would be great. Otherwise I will pick something and role with it. It might be kinda cool using a super small map like Utes and adding one trader city or something, LOL.

I actually got Jade Groove working. Now I just have to set everything up though so I was stoked. That Bear Rocks one does look cool though. I just want to use something that I can easily log on with DayzLauncher. I will put that Bear Rock map on my test server. That does look cool and I would like to check it out. :)