Town Militarization Mission Idea?!

TolH

Hi,

I am working on a mission system to militarize my server and i thought i would share and see if anyone is interested in it.

But mainly posting this for fun mission idea. It's still a w.i.p and the main mission i am working on is not completed yet.

link here: https://github.com/TolH/-T.I.M.S-

No install instruction, no be filter, really want to gather some good mission idea.

So far, the mission spawn around 50AI around a 1,2km radius of town. Ai unit patrol around, vehicle patrol, air patrol and some AI hiding inside building.

Main goal of the mission is to go claim the radioTower and kill all AI for now. AI can also claim the tower. And that's where i am at right now with alot more stuff to add in.

Have a good mission idea ? please leave it here!

Thanks

Nice idea when install will be done.

1. It's nice mod. But it's always same city or random city on map ?
  2. A feature may more challenging : random numbers of AI/ AI Patrol in this case players can't be sure to have clean and secure  the area.
  3. Does it possible to add filter to limit vehicules/ammo/weapons for NPC ?
  4. Does it possible to have random gear for NPC ?
  5. Area market on map ?
  6. May be a bonus for capture the radio : some stuff to loot for players.
  7. AI Patrol are gound only or air too ?

Completly forgot about this post.

Right now there is only one mission working and not completed yet.

But for your questions:

1: Mission will start at a random location from any ["NameVillage","NameCity","NameCityCapital"]. So it only spawn in random towns.

2: Depnding on mission, number of AI to defend thing can be customized, timer and skills can be changed for now.

This is the config file if you wonder what can be changed for now.

Spoiler

//============================================////============================================//
//=====================================//-CONFIG START-//=====================================//
//============================================////============================================//

//==================================//
	//MAIN SYSTEM CONFIG
		MISSIONS_SYSTEM 	= 1;			// ENABLE OR DISABLE MISSION SYSTEM (Default 1=Enabled)
		ONLINE_PLAYERS 		= 1;			// NEED THIS AMOUNT OF PLAYER TO START A MISSION (Default 1)
		DEBUG_RPT 			= 1;			// ENABLE OR DISABLE RPT CONSOLE LOG INFO ABOUT MISSION EVENTS (Default 1=Enabled)
		SERVER_LOAD_WAIT	= 60;   		// WAIT TIME BEFORE STARTING MISSION SYSTEM AFTER A SERVER RESTART. (Default 300=5MINUTES)
		MISSION_CLEAN_TIME	= 120;			// HOW MUCH TIME TO WAIT BEFORE CLEANING UP MISSION OBJECTS AND THEN START ANOTHER ONE. (Default 900=15MINUTES)

//OPTIONAL CONFIG
		LOOT_TRACKER 		= 1;			// ENABLE OR DISABLE LOOT_CRATE MOVING MARKER ON THE MAP. (Default 1=Enabled)
		TOWER_BAR_TEST		= 1;			// ENABLE PROGRESS TIME BAR WHEN CAPTURING TOWER. VISUAL BAR BOTTOM RIGHT TRACKING TIME LEFT FOR CAPTURE.
	//SPECIFIC MISSION CONFIG
		//-----------------------------//
		//-CAPTURE & DEFEND-//
		//-----------------------------//
			RT_CLAIM_RADIUS 		= 50;			// THE RANGE IN METERS AT WICH THE RADIOTOWER CAN BE CAPTURED BY AI OR PLAYERS. (Default 50=50METERS)
			TOWER_CAPTURE_TIME	    = 720;			// THE TIME NEEDED FOR PLAYERS OR AI TO CAPTURE A MISSION OBJECTIVE FOR BONUS +MP. (Default 900=15MINUTES)
			CLAIMING_GROUP			= 1;			// DROP AI TROOPS BY HELI DEFENDING RADIOTOWER IF PLAYER IS CAPTURING IT. (Default 1=Enabled)
			//ADVANCED CONFIG FOR CLAIMING_GROUP
				CLAIMING_GROUP_NUMBER   = 3; //(1,2,3)		// NUMBER OF GROUP TO SEND TO CAPTURE BACK THE TOWER. (Default 3) MAX 3.
				/*1*/AI_SF_CG_WAVE_1	= [180, 5, 0.10];	// [TIMER, AI_NUMBER, AI_SKILLS] SET AI_SF_CG_WAVE_1 SETTINGS. Default=[300, 5, 0.10]; 	5MINS+5(AI)
				/*2*/AI_SF_CG_WAVE_2	= [600, 5, 0.10];	// [TIMER, AI_NUMBER, AI_SKILLS] SET AI_SF_CG_WAVE_2 SETTINGS. Default=[600, 5, 0.10];	10MINS+5(AI)
				/*3*/AI_SF_CG_WAVE_3	= [900, 5, 0.10];	// [TIMER, AI_NUMBER, AI_SKILLS] SET AI_SF_CG_WAVE_3 SETTINGS. Default=[900, 5, 0.10];	15MINS+5(AI)
			//

//======================================//-CONFIG END-//======================================//

3: No, not right now.

4: No not right now. Can only select wich vehicles and men you can spawn from a custom list.

5: No, will be adding something similar but with mission points. If your players reach let's say 5000 MissionPoints, something unlock to help for further mission. Still a w.i.p

6: Of course, who would want to do the mission for nothing :D  (Very simple loot box for now) 1 Medic+1Construction and 1 weapon/ammo crate.

7: All AI should be patrolling around the area, never at the same place. There is air,ground vehicle and normal men patrolling all around this 1.2 km radius. Also AI hiding inside building waiting for you to enter and fuck you up as you last expected.

If you have any cool mission idea, please leave it here.

Currently working on a PvP mission for server A LA battleground. For frags and giggle. This should be fun. With marker getting smaller and smaller and player needing to get closer and closer from each other until only 1 is left alive.

Also doing a Night of the living dead event. A bit like the thunderstorm in namalsk, but with zombie that will last for like 15 minutes. Can you survive the living dead for 15 minutes? definatly not i would say.

You can always check it here for what i have in mind for mission or anything else:

https://github.com/TolH/-T.I.M.S-/projects/1

Nice,

I have some ideas

1) Hostage Mission:  Close quarters only battle.  Ai placed inside of a few buildings that players have to search in order to find and rescue the hostage(s) Maybe with a time limit until the AI kill the hostages? Place civs in with the AI to prevent grenades rockets being used - kill a civ = no loot reward/mission failed.

2) Convoy Mission. AI in armed vehicles and on foot. Could be either a rolling convoy or static (broken down vehicle?) Once player engages mission the AI call for reinforcements - Air Land or paratroops.

3) Spy Hunter. AI civilians placed in a town/city and one of them is a spy, the players have to find which one is the Spy and execute him/her. If player kills civilian = mission failed. Players could ask civilians questions?

4) Clear the oil rig - or some kind of sea based, or boat based mission.

5) Racing Mission. Ai and player race to a location, first one there wins.

6) Player Base Attack. Random player base is attacked by AI waves for a set time. Waves of AI with different types of loadout try to destroy the player base and kill the players. Snipers, Heavy weps, rocket units, maybe a vehicle. Maybe chose base by players that are online at the time.

7) Manhunt.  AI choose random player and hunt him/her for a set time. If player survives the timer = mission complete, if player dies in the timer mission fails.

8) Designated targets. Players have a time limit to destroy 2 or 3 buildings guarded by AI and vehicle patrols.

Hope these give you some inspiration! Keep up the good work.