How to make my dedicated epoch server??

Kimastar

Hi guys!!!

Im played over 1k of hr on dayz mod and now i want to make my personal server but im really dont know what to do...also i dont wanna spend over 60 euro for get a premade server with mod

because in the first thing im working and i have low time to work on it and dont want to waste my money so i want to make all by me like set the map the addon and the script...and then when im

a good enought i can buy a premade server so i need your help and ty in advantage for your answer ty ;P

5 hours ago, Kimastar said:

Hi guys!!!

Im played over 1k of hr on dayz mod and now i want to make my personal server but im really dont know what to do...also i dont wanna spend over 60 euro for get a premade server with mod

because in the first thing im working and i have low time to work on it and dont want to waste my money so i want to make all by me like set the map the addon and the script...and then when im

a good enought i can buy a premade server so i need your help and ty in advantage for your answer ty ;P

And why  you dont play on one of the numerous servers that exist?

Why does everyone think he should necessarily have to play Admin on his own server?

Will we all play in the future as an admin on our own server? Alone?

Hi anhor!!!

Ty for your answer anyway like i said in the beginning i have over 1k of hr played and i see/played  most of them and dont really like me....anyway the dayz mod is going to die.....like 3 years ago there is so many good server but now i only play on 1 server... And the blame is  especially of the bohemia that stop the ppl to donate to an server to recive some bonus back...

Anyway...i think i can make a difference by makeing a good server but the only "small" problem is idk how to do but in my mind i have alot of idea so this is why i am here and looking for someone that help me out!!

3 hours ago, Kimastar said:

....anyway the dayz mod is going to die.....

I agree. But your path will certainly not change, let me explain:

Let's assume there are still 1000 active players. These are spread over currently 100 servers. That would mean about 10 players per server.

Now we go your way (and many others too)! Suddenly we have 500 servers (assuming). That would mean 2 players per server (the admin and his friend).

Do you think THAT would save the mod? Realy?

Your other arguments do not work also. There are everything from PVE servers over mixed servers to PVP servers.  From "you get nothing" to "sugar in the back" servers.

You too will not reinvent the wheel!

The only reason why so many "beginners" want to operate a server has only one reason: They want to play God. They want to have all the vehicles that are available at a mouse click. Spawn so much gold as fits in their safe.

And exactly these persons are not suitable as an admin!

Just my 2 cents ..............

igree with ----> " Now we go your way (and many others too)! Suddenly we have 500 servers (assuming). That would mean 2 players per server (the admin and his friend). "

But u are in a wrong low server have more then 30 ppl inside and the other most of time are empty also like i said the empty server are most of them shit 100%.

im playing in a server that in the beginning was always empty or less then 10 ppl and in about 1 month now the server got everyday 30/50 player....what that mean? ppl like try the server and when find the correct server they stay there.

I got started from many servers and then merged them into a single server this is what i want to do so u wanna help me? ;P

On my server mostly not more then 5 or 6 people at the same time ....... why?

Because they get NO startmoney, they get NO base kit, they get NO free vehicles and they get  just a supressed makarov. This is Epoch at it´s best ....... SURVIVAL. Not kinda "shopping queen" or GTA 5.

And I can live well with it ..........

On 2017-06-10 at 11:49 AM, Anhor said:

On my server mostly not more then 5 or 6 people at the same time ....... why?

Because they get NO startmoney, they get NO base kit, they get NO free vehicles and they get  just a supressed makarov. This is Epoch at it´s best ....... SURVIVAL. Not kinda "shopping queen" or GTA 5.

And I can live well with it ..........

Anhor, quit giving the new guy grief lol... dont forget its a matter of opinion and how we are all unique the way the mod is created... its like an a**hole, we all have one!

@Kimastar check out @JasonTM's videos. might help you get a server setup locally so you can learn. He has install videos too for some scripts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtK90o2Vydo

• 2 weeks later...