server_monitor.sqf not reading

ViktorReznov

Question

So I've been having troubles for the last week or two trying to get mission systems to work on my server. Namely WAI and/or DZMS. Ive posted in their respective forums looking for help and have received some but still met with failure. I am posting here now because some people may be exhausted with attempting to assist and because there may be others with this problem and it could help them as well. So after a while of scratching my head and screaming at my computer, I may have discovered why it is not working for me. The thing WAI and DZMS both have in common is the install. Insert "this" line into server_monitor.sqf in the system folder of your server pbo just above "allowConnections = true;" Did this every time, double, triple checked. Tried moving the code around, asked for help and received it from a couple people (shout out to @salival, took my server and mission .pbo and tested it, returned it working and still didnt work for me). So I decided to drop a diag_log right underneath the installed bit of code into the server_monitor.sqf so that if the .sqf was firing at all, I would see a bit of code that would for sure output to my .rpt. Every single time I installed these misison systems, Id get 0 errors in either my client or server side .rpt. Zero errors and zero function from the installed scripts. Modded install, clean install didnt matter. Failure after faiilure. So with hope, I inserted this diag_log hoping to affirm the .sqf would even fire. nada. No diag log, nothing. How do I continue to test and debug if server_monitor.sqf is actually being run and how can I fix all this to get my mission systems working? Please help and thank you for reading to this point.

Overpoch 1.0.6.1

EDIT!!!

OMG, I feel supremely stupid at this moment. It had to do with keeping pbo backups of my server in the addons folder, id make changes, test, working, backup and store in the same folder as the actual server pbo. I also deleted @DayZOverwatch_Server.pbo just in case the call to read the server_monitor.sqf was trying to read from that location as well. I dont quite understand how the backups in there was shortcircuiting the process seeing as the server pbo backups were all named differently to keep track of them but somehow, this was the error.

Thanks to this post and his struggle with finding the answer, I have missions on my server finally. Thank you all in advance and hopefully, if anyone else has server_monitor.sqf problems, they will find this post and it will be of help.

1 answer to this question

OMG, I feel supremely stupid at this moment. It had to do with keeping pbo backups of my server in the addons folder, id make changes, test, working, backup and store in the same folder as the actual server pbo. I also deleted @DayZOverwatch_Server.pbo just in case the call to read the server_monitor.sqf was trying to read from that location as well. I dont quite understand how the backups in there was shortcircuiting the process seeing as the server pbo backups were all named differently to keep track of them but somehow, this was the error.

*just clearing this from the unanswered board*