Loot problems

Lambert

Question

I am currently having issues with quite a few buildings not spawning loot, Issues being if I go to NWAF where have a custom compound Some barracks will spawn loot others are completely empty (Yes I have changed all the names of the custom buildings). I use Jason's Overpoch Loot tables

I have changed loot chance, and item specific spawn chance with no difference. 

Is there something else im not changing? Or is it due to having 6 barracks beside each other? Thats stopping not all the buildings having loot. As I never noticed this issue in 1051 dunno if its just some new thing im missing.

If someone is able to shed some light on this would be amazing as it is driving me insane atm lol.

5 answers to this question

Make sure the names at the beginning of the buildings you want loot in is called Land instead of MAP. Also if you go into an area too fast (either a bike or another vehicle) loot wont spawn.  For example rename "MAP_Mil_Barracks_i" to "Land_Mil_Barracks_i". I hope this helps 

Hello guys,

when I read @nova post mentioned "[...] if you go into an area too fast [...] loot wont spawn.", suddenly I remember the first time I installed custom loot tables and was wondering how it's possible there is mostly no loot around my way. So I went to source code and then I found out :))

There is nice restriction in player_spawnCheck:

// source:player_spawnCheck.sqf
_doNothing = false;
if (_inVehicle) then {
  // ...
  if (_speed > 25) exitwith {_doNothing = true;}; // @here we go!
  //...
};

if (_doNothing) exitwith {}; // @well, this is bad :)

// ... because code for loot is bellow :)

So, I have to admit, I'm extremely lazy when developing... so I'm using vehicles with boosted speed (TP is too quick for me, no fun during testing :))
Well, if this is your case, stay on foot or adjust above code to be sure there will be loot for you :))

Cheers

PS: If you adjust code too much, be carefull: you will fire loot spawning everywhere you (or players) driving with no reason (you are just passing by)... and this is not good for server perforrmance.