Looking for a scripter (FIXED $50 PAYMENT)

Expherion

I currently have a server but it is not quite running up to par, I want a scripter to help make things run good.  There are two things I will consider

a)  Script a new server

We can start from scratch and develop a new server with new scripts, bug fixes, etc.  The scripter would then remain for basic maintenance.

b)  fix the current server.

It is running and players enjoy it, but it has many bugs

(TO EDIT OUR CURRENT SERVER, YOU WILL RECEIVE AN INITIAL PAYMENT OF $50, THIS IS FROM ONE GUY, YOU WILL RECEIVE MORE IN TOTAL)

Pay will be the same in the end, once the server is stable, payment will proceed.  We have multiple admins and many players that want a good scripter, we are all willing to pitch in to make it happen.

Please consider joining this, we have a good community with a solid amount of players, so you would receive donations, the deal is that the server has be to be stable.  You wont be paid until it reaches

an agreed point that we BOTH consider stable.  Then you would receive payment.  After that, once the server is good, you would be paid monthly for maintenance and extra for additional scripts.

We are looking for someone with patience and knowledge, but also a new friend!

Please DM me or reply if intrigued.  

Thanks!

Is this just a prank bro?

You're asking someone who, by the sounds of what you're asking for, has spent not dayz, not weeks, not months but YEARS perfecting their server (s) to carry out a complete overhaul for $50?

I get $35 per hour (plus benefits) to schmooze milfs who bring their Audi / Maserati in for service lolol. 

The point is, everybody who is able to mod and script runs allmost his own server.

So why should someone of these guys help you?

The other question is, why you wanna run a own server with no clue of elementary things?

Ok, here is why.  We currently have the server and the community, we just need tweaks at this point, I have given up on the false hope of making a brand new server.  As to why someone should help us, well we first off are willing to pay them, second we want to do what is best for the players, many servers offer a good experience but no real connect between admins and players, we try to be as helpful as possible, we just want a scripter who is as interested in helping people enjoy a slowly dying game as we are.  And as for elementary things, I have been learning, but I go off to university in August, I need to secure this server for the owner, so that is why I am seeking someone to help us.  

7 hours ago, Expherion said:

Ok, here is why.  We currently have the server and the community, we just need tweaks at this point, I have given up on the false hope of making a brand new server.  As to why someone should help us, well we first off are willing to pay them, second we want to do what is best for the players, many servers offer a good experience but no real connect between admins and players, we try to be as helpful as possible, we just want a scripter who is as interested in helping people enjoy a slowly dying game as we are.  And as for elementary things, I have been learning, but I go off to university in August, I need to secure this server for the owner, so that is why I am seeking someone to help us.  

Why is the owner not asking for help instead? Seems he may not be into running a server. Sorry but seems like wasted time to me.

The owner works full time sometimes upwards of 16 hours a day, why is everyone going against me here, I am just trying to help him out.  He does want a server and he is sick of getting screwed over the years by bad admins on different servers where he has played, this server has been going since October/November, the admins and players all want a new scripter, not just him.  I just wish you guys could see that, we are willing to do more for a scripter now than for say in the past.  

Are you asking for custom scripts made from scratch or just installing the scripts that are available here?

You're going to have a hard time finding someone with the talent to make scripts from scratch on a dedicated basis. Money is not really the issue, it's the time investment creating and debugging scripts. Most of the regulars here work full time jobs as well.

1 hour ago, Expherion said:

The owner works full time sometimes upwards of 16 hours a day, why is everyone going against me here, I am just trying to help him out.  He does want a server and he is sick of getting screwed over the years by bad admins on different servers where he has played, this server has been going since October/November, the admins and players all want a new scripter, not just him.  I just wish you guys could see that, we are willing to do more for a scripter now than for say in the past.  

I understand that, a server made me mad why I started my own. I did not know what I was doing either, but I learned thanks to google, youtube, people on here, and just trying stuff. I know how it is with a full time job I've done it. Most of my off time goes to my server. No one here is trying to go against you. You just have to understand that everyone here has a server and if they don't they have a test server where they work on new mods/scripts for this whole community they have no time to be fully dedicated to someones other than there own server. I'm sure if your owner was trying to install mods/scripts and was having a hard time people here would help but you can not expect someone with there own community to jump ship. 

If I can setup a server anyone can. Im just a not so dumb redneck lol.

On 2017-06-01 at 2:59 PM, Expherion said:

We cannot monetize our server, so it is not like we are getting thousands in donations, we are just trying to make a server for the benefit of the community, and I said $50 is from 1 guy, more will come from others.  

No one can monetize arma 2 anymore. When we opened our community, behemia was doing their crackdowns on most big commuities. the ones making thousands a month.  so we never had perks to begin with. WE, BARELY cover our monthly running costs, of 100$ (this is not including the website too). Past 2 months, didnt hit the 20% for the month lol.  It has bad months and good months.  So with that being said, unless you have tons of players that donate on a constant basis, paying a scripter will end up coming out of your pockets... Any any good scripter, someone who can create scripts like they can talk, are far a few in between. Specially in the arma 2 world.

Most left, and the ones that remained are fed up with arma in general...which i dont blame them.

There are a few left around, that could do that. But most are in my position. Full time job, 40 huors a week, and a side business. I work roughly 70hrs a week if not more, then gota tend to my servers...OH and lets not forget the wife...yeah shes last lol (cant make her last this weekend its her bday lol).

Im hesitant to help people build a server. And heres why, I've built 2 servers already for people, and never got paid... half way through, uploaded so they could test, never heard from them again... and I spent coutless hours customizing it the way THEY wanted...

If theres one thing i learnt in life, is this. If you want something done right, do it yourself! No one else will do it the way you need it.