Weird things going on.

Relentless

Hello community,

so I've been fixing a lot of client files the past few days because players were always saying they can't access the server.
These guys are normal users and have no clue of advanced things that is related to error diagnosis. I checked their client.rpt and for a week it's the same everywhere. Meanwhile I personally think that there is a server that injects a ArmA2 hack in the client files. Although that sounds really crazy and maybe stupid I am pretty sure it is like that and I also know how but the problem is that I don't know which server this does.

The reason why they report it to our staff team is because our server is potentially that one with the highest security they joined so far. I don't wanna say that you guys have servers with less security but maybe they only joined servers with bad security like servers that got set up one time and then never touched again and when they try to join our server, then are frozen and punished by our anti hack system (custom one). I know these guys are not hacking because even some of the people I know really good are having this issue and to be honest and not to be impolite, some of them wouldn't even know how to inject or implement such things.

I also have an idea how "this specific server" injects this suspicous files into the client but I don't want to mention it right here because there might be people that abuse this method.
Anyways be aware of that and if your players can't join the server anymore, they might have the same issue. Tell them to send their client.rpt to you which is located it:

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Arma2OA\Arma2OA.RPT

And check it for them if they have no clue about that file. The suspicious errors with the suspicous files are the following:

\whippymenu\ilovememes\GetMemedXD.sqf not found
\whippymenu\execute.sqf not defined variable in expression _collect

So yeah, things like that. I also searched for this menu on the internet and this is a hacking scroll menu from 2015. I don't know where it comes from but this has to come from a server as these players never used hacks.

2 hours ago, DuMa said:

Even though if people think its not possible, I know bugs that I have found with persistent variables that can get people autobanned on another servers after joining a specific server made to do that. Haven't tested it in epoch 1061 because it doesn't use a lot of it. 

It is definitly possible, I support you by that. I tested it on my testserver today, Sad thing is that there is a really simple way to do script injection and i haven't found a solution for it yet because you can bypass the battleye filters with that.