Never tried Epoch, some questions.

bazzaro135

What is loot like? Full military loot a shed and get a lynx. Or is it you need to go to a military base to get said type of weapons also will like 6 guns spawn in a stack?

Is it possible to have roaming g ai soldiers along with ai missions. 

Can you have dynamic/moving trade zones? With select items?

Ultimately I am looking for something to replace exile. I have a 16gb i5 Linux box I need to use and I love arma. :p

First, A3 Epoch game mode exists almost solely inside the mission file so it is possible to change nearly anything in the game mode you do not like. 

Loot, should be better balanced now than ever before, but that is not to say we have it perfected yet. Most your better stuff will be found in pelican cases that are normally only found in military areas.

It is possible to have roaming AI and I am sure there are scripts on this forum to do just that. 

We have static trader cities that provide protection and we have lone traders that exist out in the world, and they have a feature that can be enabled that allows them to go home or to work at a preset work schedule. Enable by changing this line  https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/blob/release/Server_Install_Pack/%40epochhive/epochconfig.hpp#L67  to false to give it a try. (It is disabled by default just to be a little more performant out of the box)

forceStaticTraders = "false";

Also, to get a quick start into A3 Epoch on Linux check out the docker image I made: 

I am looking for roaming AI, the only one I can seem to find is A3EAI and it isn't available anymore. Anyone have any insight? My goal is to make it roaming ai/missions with the low loot scavenge. I decided to try this with epoch as I like how it functions compared to Exile which is always high loot no risk.

1 hour ago, bazzaro135 said:

I am looking for roaming AI, the only one I can seem to find is A3EAI and it isn't available anymore. Anyone have any insight? My goal is to make it roaming ai/missions with the low loot scavenge. I decided to try this with epoch as I like how it functions compared to Exile which is always high loot no risk.

You should be able to download A3EAI here:

https://github.com/Cavadus/A3EAI-Continued

It provides good roaming AI that are pretty easy to configure. You can have AI camps with no, some or tons of loot as you like. If you use the blackmarket traders you should be able to configure them so that players can sell the vehicles they capture there without bloating the epoch vehicle system which will cause problems. Grahame had a post a while back on the code you need to change to allow players to use the AI vehicles.

The mission systems have different characteristics:

VEMF and VEMFr spawn missions in cities and are generaly high risk because of statics. Loot is easily configured.

Several systems spawn missions out in the open.

SEM was one of the first, is simple and has been updated recently by Grahame; it provides missions that spawn out in the open.

blckeagles v6.58 is provides more complex missions in that there are helis and vehicle patrols; missions can be extensivley modified.

WAI was the gold standard for killer AI and is still around. It offers bandit and hero missions (I believe) which could be linked to karma in the future.

You can mix and match these as you like as long as you keep the total number of groups spawned under 144 (for 32 bit arma at least).

On 5/9/2017 at 3:33 PM, bazzaro135 said:

What is loot like? Full military loot a shed and get a lynx. Or is it you need to go to a military base to get said type of weapons also will like 6 guns spawn in a stack?

Is it possible to have roaming g ai soldiers along with ai missions. 

Can you have dynamic/moving trade zones? With select items?

Ultimately I am looking for something to replace exile. I have a 16gb i5 Linux box I need to use and I love arma. :p

Halves blackmarket traders move with each server restart. There may be a moving trader script around somewhere in addition to that provided by Epoch. If you use either the epoch or havles traders the buy/sell list can be modified as you like to limit choices available. Epoch has a player-based economy so the inventory of the Epoch traders is based on what players have bought or sold. That is not the case for blackmarket traders.

So I have added A3EAI and edited the epoch.Esseker mission pbo and created the init.sqf file and added the #include "A3EAI_Client\A3EAI_initclient.sqf"; line but in the log when its starting I am getting;

ErrorMessage: Include file mpmissions\__cur_mp.Esseker\A3EAI_Client\A3EAI_initclient.sqf not found.

Sorry if this isnt the right place to post this stuff, but i figured I already had an active thread. instead of adding more threads.

9 minutes ago, TheVampire said:

That is a pretty straightforward error.

You need the A3EAI_Client  folder in your mission.pbo with the A3EAI_initClient.sqf in it.

I did unpack the mission and placed the files right into the root of the mission. I take it they need to be in a labeled folder not just loose in the folder?