Is InfiStar saving Bans for anyone?

Jim90

Question

I've recently noticed that infistar is writing to the A2_hacker log out not the Ban.txt.  Is this working for anyone?  Any idea whats causing it?  Is it even keeping the people on the list out still?

Looking at my download of v1438 he did not include the ARMA_BAN.dll.  It was included in all previous versions.  I've noticed a few other problems like spawned in vaults don't save.  Whats going on here??????

9 answers to this question

That's because of the update from 1.0.5.1 to 1.0.6.1.

Chris aka infiSTAR isn't done yet with the version for 1.0.6.1 as it is a lot of change. But so we are atleast able to use it, he published v1438 so we can atleast continue using it. Just wait for the next release.

I've been wondering if he is still working on it.  Looking at launcher and the number of new players I've been seeing the past few weeks things are looking up for A2 Epoch.  Unfortunately with more players come more hackers.  I've already caught 3 hackers today and it's only supper time.

19 hours ago, lwbuk said:

The bans worked fine for me on the latest version, but I kept all the .dll's from the old version.

What version are you using?  I'm running v1438 with the dlls that came with v1437

We just did some testing and when an Admin Bans or Temp Bans it kills the player and he can just rejoin.  Sometimes he comes back in beside his dead body and has his gear on him so we just helped him dupe.  Really cuts down the value of admins when they cant even Ban a player.

I was using the latest one. 

You still need to change some of the death calls yourself though, as infi still uses  spawn player death rather than call player death in some instances. This causes the double body thing. Also remove any player setHit  or player setDamage