Jungle ghillie in Tanoa?

phm

It seems the two APEX ghillie suits:

U_B_T_FullGhillie_tna_F

U_O_T_FullGhillie_tna_F

...are currently absent from cfgpricing and loot tables.  The Altis ghillie suits stick out like a sore thumb in Tanoa.

Even after I forced one of these suits into the game, I could not put it on for some reason.

10 hours ago, Grahame said:

Females (BLUFOR) can wear U_B_T_FullGhillie_tna_F and males (OPFOR) U_O_T_FullGhillie_tna_F but not vice versa in standard ARMA3/Epoch

So I was just trying to put on the wrong one?  Come to think of it, I was trying to put on the "NATO" suit.  I will try again with the other.  But we agree they're currently not in cfgpricing or loot tables?

1 hour ago, Grahame said:

I'd have to check later. I do my own customised pricing and loot tables

Understood.  I looked and they weren't there.  I'm hoping to get the base code improved so that everyone, not just those skilled enough to do their own mods,  can enjoy the DLCs.

I've dabbled in custom modifications and when the base code is updated, it takes a significant amount of work to port those mods.  I've seen a marked decline in the number of A3 Epoch servers out there on the internet.  I would like to see those numbers restored to (or even exceed) 2015 levels.

Thanks

No problem. Be aware though that just adding apex gear has positives and negatives. 

Personally I only include Apex Vics, uniforms and weapons on my servers that require Apex. There are still a lot of players who do not have the DLC and they will not see the stuff they've purchased or found. For my Altis server I don't include any apex gear so that I don't limit the base of available players to DLC owners. I provided CUP and Tryk's Uniforms to make up for it ;) 

• 4 weeks later...

I was under the impression that non-dlc players could still see and interact with Apex content but they couldn't use it.

In Karts and Helis they could enter passenger but they couldn't pilot it. If they were forced in (moveInDriver) then they got the advertisements to purchase the dlc but could pilot it.

Is this different for the Apex DLC and objects?

Perhaps I wasn't completely clear in what I'm asking.  The "epoch.Tanoa.pbo" file is the mission file for Tanoa, which is only available to those who have purchased the APEX DLC.  IMHO, it's appropriate for that mission file to have the complete set of APEX items.  I'm not proposing that the APEX items be added to any other mission file.

1 hour ago, phm said:

Perhaps I wasn't completely clear in what I'm asking.  The "epoch.Tanoa.pbo" file is the mission file for Tanoa, which is only available to those who have purchased the APEX DLC.  IMHO, it's appropriate for that mission file to have the complete set of APEX items.  I'm not proposing that the APEX items be added to any other mission file.

I'm not sure that maintaining different CfgPricing.hpp files for the different maps is needed. For example, Tanoa and Australia depend on Apex, the others don't. The standard CfgPricing.hpp has almost every ARMA3, CUP and Apex item, since you can only buy what is sold to the Epoch traders or defined in their original loadouts. If an item is missing then that is an oversight and should be reported, I'd guess, as an issue on  GitHub with the missing class name (or, even better, you can pull a version of the price list, add the item and @vbawol will I'm sure merge the change back into the main branch).

If you want to give these non-standard items out then really the right way is to maintain custom copies of the loot tables (which by default are not in the mission files), black market trader price lists or spawn gear selections - but that's the work that we server devs are responsible for. There's plenty of other, more important things for the Epoch devs to be working on IMHO.