Arma3 server concept ? How add need features/activate to epoch

lesvieuxcrevards

Question

Hi,

I'm trying to setup and Arma3 Altis Epoch server (survival/PVE only). I've my server running with epoch. I'm new in Arma3 and Arma3 server configuration.

But i want add some features like these (example) :

I've read lot of messages/boards and watchs lot of vids on youtube. I've few questions (yes stupid because I'm newbie :biggrin:) :

1. To add any kind of features, I need or not to have an directory labelled MISSIONS on my server or client?
  2. I've to create 1 mission on server or client?
  3. How do I run mission (if mission is required to have more features) when a player logging on server?

Best Regards.

2 answers to this question

Hey,

- download the Server Files

- paste the content of "Server_Install_Pack" into the root of your Arma3 Server folder

- download the @Epoch client files

- paste the @Epoch folder into the root of your Arma3 Server folder

- rename these files:

- sc\battleye\example-beserver.cfg (or example-beserver_x64.cfg if running 64bit exe) into beserver.cfg (beserver_x64.cfg)

- sc\basic-example.cfg -> basic.cfg

- sc\server-example.cfg -> server.cfg 

- set the correct Battleye path in @epochhive\epochserver.ini (for example BattlEyePath = D:\Servers\Epoch\SC\BattlEye)

- Set the correct passwords in:

- @epochhive\epochserver.ini

- sc\battleye\beserver.cfg (beserver_x64.cfg)

- sc\server.cfg

- DB\redis.conf

Your Mission file should be inside the mpmissions folder. Unpbo it with pbo manager (or any other tool), make your changes / paste your addons and repack it with the same tool.

Serverside Addons you have to put into @epochhive\addons folder

And run the Server with startparameters like this:

-mod=@Epoch; -serverMod=@EpochHive; -config=D:\Servers\Epoch\SC\server.cfg -port=2302 -profiles=D:\Servers\Epoch\SC -cfg=D:\Servers\Epoch\SC\basic.cfg -name=SC -autoInit -loadMissionToMemory -enableHT

For the Status Bar I would use my updated files: https://github.com/Ignatz-HeMan/Ignatz_Statusbar

Hope this helps a bit