Garage Doors not working Epoch Server

cowley-s1s

Hi all,

I host a couple of server and having lots of issue with players saying the doors and garage doors will not work.  Is there a fix for this?

Please can someone help me out here as players are dropping of my servers at the moment due to this problem.

Thanks,  Mark

The only time we have this is when the player starts to de-sync, but it happens only very rarely.

If it is happening a lot, then I would suggest that you check your server fps to make sure that it isn't very low. If the fps is OK then remove any extra mods that you have installed , start with a completely fresh Epoch install, and then add the mods back in again one by one until you find out which one is causing the issue.

You could also check the  server .rpt and also your client .rpt for any errors.

2 hours ago, cowley-s1s said:

Hi all,

I host a couple of server and having lots of issue with players saying the doors and garage doors will not work.  Is there a fix for this?

Please can someone help me out here as players are dropping of my servers at the moment due to this problem.

Thanks,  Mark

If you use the protection against the destruction of buildings from InfiStar, then disable it.

Look at here.

He have it already fixed.

He had a script, that disabled the simulation for the Doors and Gates.

Now he have removed it and it works...

But the other problem with sometimes bugged doors is another thing and also sometimes annoying

We noticed a problem with gates at the trader camps defined in epoch_server_settings/configs/maps/<map>.h, for example, the bargates at the eastern safe zone on Altis could not be opened. I fixed them by forcing Epoch to not disable simulation on them. As an example, I changed the following lines in epoch_server_settings/configs/maps/altis.h:

Line 265 from

{ "Land_BarGate_F", { 18436.5, 14277, 0.10347 }, 58.0699, true },

to 

{ "Land_BarGate_F", { 18436.5, 14277, 0.10347 }, 58.0699, false },

The gate now opens.