Is there a Wiki / Info anywhere?

Eegore

4 hours ago, Eegore said:

So on my server everyone is asking "What is X-item for???"  Nails, Duct tape, Pickaxe  Can we grow weed etc,

Where is this information?

https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/tree/master/SQF/dayz_code/Configs/CfgMagazines

You're welcome to create something that showcases everything, Unfortunately there is nothing at present that is even up to date with 1.0.6.1 or similar

19 minutes ago, Eegore said:

I find it interesting that such a large update was made and that minimal if any documentation was released.  Seems like a lot of work for nobody to use it.

Sorry mate, you're right. I'll dedicate more of my free time for no payment.

While I'm there, I'll refund you your purchase price of epochmod.

We are a bunch of developers that do this in our very limited free time away from family and jobs to produce this mod for FREE.

While I would love to fix everything and have everything expertly documented, it's just not always possible.

You are very welcome to come aboard and do documentation.

1 hour ago, Eegore said:

I find it interesting that such a large update was made and that minimal if any documentation was released.  Seems like a lot of work for nobody to use it.

It's not entirely possible to document everything, but we do use github so you can go through every change to the code base and review it for yourself if you wish - click on a file and then history. Other than that we did document variable changes and removals https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/blob/master/Documents/1.0.6 Variable Name Changes.txt

I think it's pretty unreasonable to expect extensive documentation on the amount of changes and work that went into 1.0.6, especially since there's a small number of use working on it. Figuring out how to concisely word and illustrate changes to core functions would take more effort and time than it's worth, looking at the code will almost always be easier and quicker. I wager that our effort is more appreciated in code than seldom used documentation.

There is an Epoch wiki which has crafting recipes here: http://epochmod.gamepedia.com/A2Epoch:Crafting_System

The DayZ 1.8.8 crafting recipes (new to epoch as of 1.0.6) are in your Journal in game (J Key)

2 hours ago, salival said:

Sorry mate, you're right. I'll dedicate more of my free time for no payment.

While I'm there, I'll refund you your purchase price of epochmod.

We are a bunch of developers that do this in our very limited free time away from family and jobs to produce this mod for FREE.

While I would love to fix everything and have everything expertly documented, it's just not always possible.

You are very welcome to come aboard and do documentation.

Id be more than happy to do documentation.  So to find out what 2" metal poles are for I should hold them in my inventory and then do what?  To learn what sheet metal is for I do what?

Its not like I am complaining, the phrase "Interesting" was meant to convey that I have interest, not some complaint.  People on the servers I play on aren't using the changes because nobody can figure them out, I find that interesting. 

So I guess the answer is that there isn't time to document what items do what, thats fair.

19 hours ago, Anhor said:

Think the diff. metal pipes and metal sheets are only useful in Vanilla Mod, not in Epoch itself ........

Ahh I think maybe there's a misunderstanding on my end regarding the mods.  I didn't realize that a lot of this is a DayZ update and not entirely an Epoch change.

I wondered why it was supposed to be easier to teach myself code, then find it in github and reverse engineer the information into a useable format such as 2" pipe is for crafting a light pole.