WAI blacklist format

Birgitte

Question

I have a base that is near a road but not near a City or safe zone. WAI missions keep popping up near my base and I would like to be able to create a buffer zone. I have done searches but have not been able to find a final answer. What is the proper format for coordinates in the code? Here is what is in the latest version and there's not much in the way of explanation ( I am in no way trying to disparage the author, I love this script I think it is meant for someone more learned in coding to figure out.) :

use_blacklist                = false;            // use blacklist
        blacklist                    = [
            [[0,16000,0],[1000,-0,0]],                // Left
            [[0,16000,0],[16000.0,14580.3,0]]        // Top

This doesn't match up with the database coordinates and doesn't make sense (to me) for creating a squared off area either, unless it is supposed to be //top left,  // bottom right.  I know if i search for fourteen hours I will still come up with nothing and someone else who has the knowledge is probably here. Please just explain the format and I will be on my way to Epoch happiness. =o)

Thank You,

Birgitte

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Birgitte said:

I have a base that is near a road but not near a City or safe zone. WAI missions keep popping up near my base and I would like to be able to create a buffer zone. I have done searches but have not been able to find a final answer. What is the proper format for coordinates in the code? Here is what is in the latest version and there's not much in the way of explanation ( I am in no way trying to disparage the author, I love this script I think it is meant for someone more learned in coding to figure out.) :

use_blacklist                = false;            // use blacklist
        blacklist                    = [
            [[0,16000,0],[1000,-0,0]],                // Left
            [[0,16000,0],[16000.0,14580.3,0]]        // Top

This doesn't match up with the database coordinates and doesn't make sense (to me) for creating a squared off area either, unless it is supposed to be //top left,  // bottom right.  I know if i search for fourteen hours I will still come up with nothing and someone else who has the knowledge is probably here. Please just explain the format and I will be on my way to Epoch happiness. =o)

Thank You,

Birgitte

Those predefined boxes are the outer limits of the map. the black transparent squares on the map.

From what i can see, you need to define a box with coordinates. 

this is my blacklist for stary

[[5533.00,8445.00],[6911.00,7063.00]],    // Stary

I noticed that each coordinate was about 1000m from stary itself.

the first coords, would the the top left of the box, the second coords would be the bottom right of the box.

Point A is 5533.00 X COORDS
                 8445.00 Y COORDS

Points B is 6911.00 X COORDS
                   7063.00 Y COORDS

A________________
|                          |
|         stary        |
|                          |
|_______________B

You can get these coords with infistar debug

Hope this helps

3 hours ago, Birgitte said:

Should I remove the default ones? I am using Napf. Thanks for your help by the way.

You can remove the default ones if you are using an island map like Napf. The default ones are to prevent missions from spawning outside of the map borders on Chernarus. The areas with no textures cause the missions to glitch.