Having trouble setting up BEC [Battleye Extended Controls]

SirRapplez

Question

Hello! So, I am not experienced with big server setups like that of ArmA's (so don't expect me to be too computer-smart), but I have come a long way with setting up my ArmA 3 server until I got to my BEC setup. I've gone through everything the instructions say and everything should all be connected and working, but...

I keep getting and error saying: BePath is not a valid directory

Now, i know this should be a simple fix, but no matter what i do the error won't go away!

I'm using TADST for my server setup, so I'm using the Battleye directory stored there.

the path I put in the config.cfg for BEC is:

C:\Users\andre\Desktop\Arma3_server_stuff\server_files\TADST\SirRapplez\BattlEye

(yes I made sure I didn't have an accidental space put in anywhere... I'm not that stupid)

I also put a BeServer.cfg file in the same directory as the BeServer.dll with the following:

RConPassword password

RConPort 2309

If anyone knows what my problem is, please help. I hope my question isn't super dumb, but I'm lost so, again, help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

11 answers to this question

8 hours ago, RC_Robio said:

Server port in BEC Config.cfg will then also need to be 2309, and epochserver.ini as well. Also make sure the battleye directorys are the same as well in both files.

I made sure the ports all corresponded and checked the directories, but the error still popped up. Since I use TADST to launch my server, it asks for the path to my server file which is: C:\Users\andre\Desktop\Arma3_server_stuff\server_files\arma3server.exe, since that is where arma3server.exe is and is where its supposed to be, but that's not the Battleye path... So I am only aware of one Battleye directory... I checked around and can't find where another one is supposed to be as you specified. Could you specify where they're both required? Thanks!

8 minutes ago, RC_Robio said:

You can put your battleye where ever you want. But for Epoch server files they are in sc/battleye by default. So direct TADST to that folder.

Alright I finally got that problem fixed, thank you so much! But now I'm getting an error saying that the BEServer.cfg file cannot be found... even though the file exists in the directory used (and in the other if that one even matters)

9 hours ago, RC_Robio said:

Make sure you have a beserver.cfg in the sc/battleye folder. There is an example-beserver.cfg Just remove the example- and edit it with your password.

Okay I got the config fixed, I had a silly formatting issue. But now there's another error... This is just error after error isn't it? Now its saying that BE Bans.txt does not exist. So, I created a file named Bans.txt in all the battleye directories I have and the error is still there. Is there something I have to put in the file? I couldn't find any resource for it online, just other people with the same problem.

EDIT: I named the file "bans.txt", but it was just looking for "bans" that was a text document. Now BEC finally starts, BUT NOW: the cmd loads up and everything and it checks for server startup, then, since my server is on, it goes to "checking for new BEC version...", then it just closes without any warning or error.

2 hours ago, RC_Robio said:

You need to edit your host file as administrator in Windows and add these lines.

127.0.0.1 ibattle.org
127.0.0.1 www.ibattle.org

Sorry I did a lot of work on this issue but forgot to edit this. I did get aprind to doing that, and now BEC starts up and everything, but it just says >>Problem connecting to server<< and then it closes even though I have all the ports open and all the ips are correct and the hosts file was changed... Don't know where to go from here. Could it be something with my startup parameters?

21 hours ago, RC_Robio said:

Try adding --dsc flag to bec.exe

Did that, now all I see in the prompt is:

Please wait... Connecting to server when the timeout has expired!

It says this immediately on bec startup, and I changed the timeout in Config.cfg from 30 to 60 to 180 and all of them make no difference (so i put it back to 30). 

I am using a batch file to start my bec and the parameters there are:

start Bec.exe -f Config.cfg --dsc

Try using your local ip in BEC config, epochserver.ini, and your start batch. On my local server I use a simple bat like:

@echo off

:initialize
cls
echo Killing current running server ...
taskkill /IM arma3server_x64.exe
taskkill /IM Bec.exe
echo Done!
timeout 10
echo.

goto start

:start
cd D:\arma3server_x64
start "arma3" arma3server_x64.exe -mod=@EpochExperimental; -serverMod=@EpochHive; -config=D:\arma3server_x64\sc\server.cfg -port=2302 -profiles=SC -cfg=D:\arma3server_x64\sc\basic.cfg -name=SC -autoinit
echo.

:start bec
timeout 15
echo.
cd D:\arma3server_x64\Bec
echo Restarting BEC again...
@start Bec.exe --dsc

taskkil /IM cmd.exe
exit

2 hours ago, RC_Robio said:

Try using your local ip in BEC config, epochserver.ini, and your start batch. On my local server I use a simple bat like:

@echo off

:initialize
cls
echo Killing current running server ...
taskkill /IM arma3server_x64.exe
taskkill /IM Bec.exe
echo Done!
timeout 10
echo.

goto start

:start
cd D:\arma3server_x64
start "arma3" arma3server_x64.exe -mod=@EpochExperimental; -serverMod=@EpochHive; -config=D:\arma3server_x64\sc\server.cfg -port=2302 -profiles=SC -cfg=D:\arma3server_x64\sc\basic.cfg -name=SC -autoinit
echo.

:start bec
timeout 15
echo.
cd D:\arma3server_x64\Bec
@start Bec.exe --dsc

taskkil /IM cmd.exe
exit

I changed the ip addresses (I changed them back to default after testing), and I changed my batch parameters using yours as a template (but gutting most of it because I didn't need most of it) so now it looks like:

@echo off

:start Bec.exe
timeout 10
echo.
cd C:\Users\andre\Desktop\Arma3_server_stuff\Bec -ip=127.0.0.1 -port=2309 "-config=config.cfg" "-cfg=basic.cfg" -BEpath=C:\Users\andre\Desktop\Arma3_server_stuff\server_files\TADST\SirRapplez\BattlEye -noPause -noSound -nosplash
@start Bec.exe -f Config.cfg --dsc

taskkil /IM cmd.exe
exit

And now, after waiting for a little bit after the cmd says "trying to connect when the timeout expired" it tries to reconnect and I'm pretty sure it's successful (it says RCon Admin #0 logged in) so I believe it's working now. I can't thank you enough for your help! If there's anything i should know please don't hesitate to tell me.