Overpoch Loot Tables for 1.0.6.2

JasonTM

https://github.com/worldwidesorrow/Overpoch-Loot-Tables-for-1.0.6.2

These are not the typical 'high powered snipers in the supermarket' tables.

They follow the Epoch style loot tables in that military loot spawns in military buildings, industrial loot spawns in industrial areas, etc.

The overall level of loot has been increased pretty significantly.

The overall level of trash loot has been reduced.

Most of the Overwatch guns have been added, although there are a few missing.

Since there are so many ACRs, I limited it to the woodland variants so you don't walk into a barracks full of ACRs.

To install:

1. Download the files from the github.

2. Move the dayz_code folder to the root of your mission file. (You might already have this directory from installing ZSC or another mod. Then just move the CfgLoot folder over to this directory dayz_code\Configs\).

3. Open your description.ext and find this line.

#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\Configs\CfgLoot\CfgLoot.hpp"

Change it to...

#include "dayz_code\Configs\CfgLoot\CfgLoot.hpp"

There is a variable called dayz_maxMaxWeaponHolders that limits the loot piles that spawn around a player. If you have POIs that have high concentrations of lootable buildings and you notice that some of them are empty, then I suggest adding the line below to your init.sqf and experimenting with the number. You can also adjust the spawn chances of the items in the loot tables to get a desirable rate of loot spawning.

dayz_maxMaxWeaponHolders = 80;

thanks for your efforts...  I recently moved from overpoch 1.0.5.1 to Epoch 1.0.6.1 - i followed your directions carefully and have put the CfgLoot.hpp in the proper location and description.ext pointing to it...

but none of overwatch weapons are displayed in traders and none of the weapons are spawning in loot locations...

Looking at my admin.rpt - I see errors like:
       No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.vil_Abakan_P29'.
       No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.vil_MP5SD_EOTech'.
       No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.vil_Groza_GL'.

so i'm not sure the overwatch has been added into Epoch 1.0.6.1 ----   was there some other steps you performed to get the binary configurations for the overwatch weapons added?

thanks

4 minutes ago, ccu2401 said:

thanks for your efforts...  I recently moved from overpoch 1.0.5.1 to Epoch 1.0.6.1 - i followed your directions carefully and have put the CfgLoot.hpp in the proper location and description.ext pointing to it...

but none of overwatch weapons are displayed in traders and none of the weapons are spawning in loot locations...

Looking at my admin.rpt - I see errors like:
       No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.vil_Abakan_P29'.
       No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.vil_MP5SD_EOTech'.
       No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.vil_Groza_GL'.

so i'm not sure the overwatch has been added into Epoch 1.0.6.1 ----   was there some other steps you performed to get the binary configurations for the overwatch weapons added?

thanks

This is just loot tables, It's not the trader categories/listings.

If you're getting those messages, are you sure you have Overwatch installed correctly?

6 hours ago, salival said:

This is just loot tables, It's not the trader categories/listings.

If you're getting those messages, are you sure you have Overwatch installed correctly?

Well, what i learnd is that you need do a class and where its defined from in dayz_code\configs\cfgweapons\cfgweapons.hpp:

For example we added a ACR Black

class FHQ_ACR_BLK_IRN;
    #include "Rifles\ACR_BLK.hpp"

Then in dayz_code\configs\cfgweapons\rifles\

we created a new file called ACR_BLK.hpp and added:

class FHQ_ACR_BLK_IRN;
class FHQ_ACR_BLK_IRN: FHQ_ACR_BLK_IRN
{
    magazines[] = {"FHQ_rem_30Rnd_680x43_ACR"};
        type = WeaponSlotPrimary;
};

This works 100% since we are currently running it.

//Wave

3 hours ago, icomrade said:

why are you redefining weapon classes? If you're running overwatch properly you don't need to, and I don't think CfgWeapons definitions work in description.ext. Don't over complicate stuff, it's just a loot table, you still need to customize your CfgServerTraders files.

We are loading OW 100% correct, no rpt errors either. but were not spawning ow loot, without defining them. in descritions.ext? never said we did, we do it in dayz_code.

Ofc we need to work with the servertraders to, but thats just it, tradeing, still need it to spawn.

EDIT: Now works fine with just adding the loot tables.

Our problem was 2 idiots to admins (my self included ;)  )

we changed stuff around eachother so thats why i didnt work from de beginning.

17 minutes ago, WaveBreaker said:

We are loading OW 100% correct, no rpt errors either. but were not spawning ow loot, without defining them. in descritions.ext? never said we did, we do it in dayz_code.

Ofc we need to work with the servertraders to, but thats just it, tradeing, still need it to spawn.

How are you loading OW? Just curious of your method.

2 hours ago, WaveBreaker said:

EDIT: Now works fine with just adding the loot tables.

Our problem was 2 idiots to admins (my self included ;)  )

we changed stuff around eachother so thats why i didnt work from de beginning.

You shouldn't edit DayZ_Code (or any addons aside server-side ones like infistar and DayZ_Server), especially not config definitions, on the server since you can break a lot of weapons, vehicles, etc. if the configs don't match between client and server

• 2 weeks later...

The files in the github have been updated. I increased the chances for medical loot. I edited the medical boxes so they have higher capacity and they don't have empty blood bags and blood test kits. I increased the capacity of the ammo boxes and added Overwatch ammo to them. I did some work on increasing the variety of loot in other areas as well.

• 1 month later...

There are a few ways

You could adjust the spawn chance of the items. For instance in weapons.hpp

{Loot_WEAPON,		5,		vil_SV_98},

That 5 represents a 5% chance of that particular gun spawning. Mine are actually kind of low compared to the old ones from 1.0.5.1.

You could also lower the chance of the group spawns. For instance from Military.hpp

{Loot_GROUP,		10,		pistols},
	{Loot_GROUP,		10,		shotgunsingleshot},
	{Loot_GROUP,		20,		sniperrifles},
	{Loot_GROUP,		10,		submachinegun},
	{Loot_GROUP,		20,		assaultrifles},
	{Loot_GROUP,		20,		machineguns},

Additionally, you can lower the chance of buildings spawning loot

class Military : Default
{
	zombieChance = 0.3;
	maxRoaming = 6;
	zombieClass[] =
	{
		"z_soldier",
		"z_soldier",
		"z_soldier",
		"z_policeman",
		"z_soldier_heavy",
		"z_soldier_heavy"
	};
	lootChance = 1;
	lootGroup = Military;
};

class MilitarySpecial : Military
{
	zombieChance = 0.8;
	minRoaming = 2;
	zombieClass[] =
	{
		"z_soldier_heavy",
		"z_soldier_heavy",
		"z_soldier_heavy",
		"z_soldier"
	};
	lootChance = 1;
	lootGroup = MilitarySpecial;
};

Lower the lootchance = 1; to something less than 1 like 0.5.

There are lots of options.

if i want to increase zeds spawning loot, hotwires to be specific,   do i adjust the 2 only, or is there somewhere else that says that the zombie needs loot added.

how high can these numbers go, like if i changed all the drops to 10, would this increase the loot spawns?

{Loot_MAGAZINE,        2,        ItemHotwireKit},

1 hour ago, DieTanx said:

if i want to increase zeds spawning loot, hotwires to be specific,   do i adjust the 2 only, or is there somewhere else that says that the zombie needs loot added.

how high can these numbers go, like if i changed all the drops to 10, would this increase the loot spawns?

{Loot_MAGAZINE,        2,        ItemHotwireKit},

Yes, the number in the middle is the spawn chance for an item. The number is from 0 to 100. Increasing the numbers on any of the loot categories will increase the level of loot.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying this and it works good.

But I have a problem , I did add some extra barracks and other buildings on my chernarus server. I have changed them to the correct name and so..

But now in some barracks its loot but in others no loot at all, I dont mean that I want tons of loot in every but now some of them are totally empty and others

have good loot.

Is there any way to increase so its allways some kind of loot in the barracks?

• 5 months later...
On 5/16/2017 at 2:21 PM, JonasF said:

Trying this and it works good.

But I have a problem , I did add some extra barracks and other buildings on my chernarus server. I have changed them to the correct name and so..

But now in some barracks its loot but in others no loot at all, I dont mean that I want tons of loot in every but now some of them are totally empty and others

have good loot.

Is there any way to increase so its allways some kind of loot in the barracks?

There is a limit to how many loot containers can spawn near a player in building_spawnLoot.sqf

if (_lootChance > random 1 && {dayz_currentWeaponHolders < dayz_maxMaxWeaponHolders}) then
	{
		Loot_SpawnGroup(_lootGroup, _worldPos);
	};

"Weaponholders" are invisible containers that the game uses to group objects together in a loot pile. The variable is contained in variables.sqf

If you want to increase the amount of loot that will spawn next to a player, then put this variable in init.sqf and increase the number, like this

dayz_maxMaxWeaponHolders = 100;

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 02.11.2017 at 8:50 PM, JasonTM said:

There is a limit to how many loot containers can spawn near a player in building_spawnLoot.sqf

if (_lootChance > random 1 && {dayz_currentWeaponHolders < dayz_maxMaxWeaponHolders}) then
	{
		Loot_SpawnGroup(_lootGroup, _worldPos);
	};

"Weaponholders" are invisible containers that the game uses to group objects together in a loot pile. The variable is contained in variables.sqf

If you want to increase the amount of loot that will spawn next to a player, then put this variable in init.sqf and increase the number, like this

dayz_maxMaxWeaponHolders = 100;

dayz_maxMaxWeaponHolders = 100; maximum value of 100?

• 1 year later...

the dayz_maxMaxWeaponHolders = 200; is there a specific area in the init.sqf you need to put? seems like loot amount doesnt change and 2 out of 5 barracks have loot.

i have it set just under this: 

Spoiler

if (isServer) then {
    if (dayz_POIs && (toLower worldName == "chernarus")) then {call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\mission\chernarus\poi\init.sqf";};
    call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\system\dynamic_vehicle.sqf";
    call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf";
    execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\traders\chernarus11.sqf"; //Add trader agents
    [] call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "dayz_code\DZAI_Client\dzai_initclient.sqf";

//Get the server to setup what waterholes are going to be infected and then broadcast to everyone.
    if (dayz_infectiousWaterholes && (toLower worldName == "chernarus")) then {execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\mission\chernarus\infectiousWaterholes\init.sqf";};

// Lootable objects from CfgTownGeneratorDefault.hpp
    if (dayz_townGenerator) then { execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\mission\chernarus\MainLootableObjects.sqf"; };
    execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\unlock_weapons.sqf"; //unlock mounted weapons
};

dayz_maxMaxWeaponHolders = 200;

That is a client only variable, so it should go in this section.

https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/blob/master/Server Files/MPMissions/DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus/init.sqf#L123

Or you can put it in a custom variables that is compiled after this one.

https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/blob/master/Server Files/MPMissions/DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus/init.sqf#L94

It's been a long time since I have visited these loot tables. I don't think they were designed to be high loot. If you want extra loot, then make adjustments to the spawn rates in the individual config files.