[Outdated][RELEASE] Virtual Garage update for 1061

theduke

• 2 weeks later...

@theduke Cant wait- Awesome!

if possible, suggestions

limit on vehicles optional

Limit on how quickly a vehicle can be added(lag and multiple deposits)
a check so only the last driver can deposit- Currently 2 people can get in driver and than deposit same time.

27 minutes ago, DieTanx said:

@theduke Cant wait- Awesome!

if possible, suggestions

limit on vehicles optional

Limit on how quickly a vehicle can be added(lag and multiple deposits)
a check so only the last driver can deposit- Currently 2 people can get in driver and than deposit same time.

I'm not the one working on it, i wish i had the knowledge. But ill see what we can do

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, diggin the script, never used it before and thought id try it out (mostly for performance improvement). I have these errors posting to the server .rpt

22:15:15 "DELETE: Player B 1-1-B:1 (Patriarch) REMOTE deleted object with ID: 569"
22:15:25 "extDB: Error: [0,"Error"]"

i presume that is the act of storing it and then error.

0 Errors in the client .rpt

I followed the op to the letter except for where I chose to store my publicEH.sqf but mad sure to reference the location appropriately.

Another not, I use naviCat for my sql db and the query kinda returned an error but I thought I had it taken care of it. Will look into it again and if you have any ideas as to what is going on, please let me know! All/any insight is much appreciated!

Modded Overpoch 1.0.6.1

EDIT: Disregard, typo in my password for db, works flawlessly. Simply beautiful, ty for updating and bringing to 1061

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2017 at 1:30 AM, salival said:

Hi guys,

I'm currently reworking this script to fix issues, tidy it up and add some features.

Here's a list of suggestions that admins have given me of things they want in it, I've checked off a few that I have finished, feel free to suggest anything else.

https://github.com/oiad/virtualGarage/issues/1

Proposed changes sound good.

Thoughts...
An easy way to deploy and, if needed, remove the heli pad and garage.  I do this with deploy anything but cant remove the helih with this method.   Maybe an option at the garage if its on your plot pole to remove any helih within range.

masterkey as you know randomly dupes or explodes a vehicle.  so random its been difficult to debug and, i have added your latest and have at least 1-2 explosions or dupes still - at least reports of them from players.  What about a button within the virtual garage menu to set all vehicles in garage to a key in your gear.  Can you write the key to the database without actually spawning the vehicle into game?

27 minutes ago, kingpapawawa said:

Proposed changes sound good.

Thoughts...
An easy way to deploy and, if needed, remove the heli pad and garage.  I do this with deploy anything but cant remove the helih with this method.   Maybe an option at the garage if its on your plot pole to remove any helih within range.

masterkey as you know randomly dupes or explodes a vehicle.  so random its been difficult to debug and, i have added your latest and have at least 1-2 explosions or dupes still - at least reports of them from players.  What about a button within the virtual garage menu to set all vehicles in garage to a key in your gear.  Can you write the key to the database without actually spawning the vehicle into game?

In testing I am using heliH with deploy anything, I also noticed I can't get an option to pack/remove it. It would be easy to add a check that if there is a helipad nearby to give you the option to remove it, I'll check to see if any other helipad classnames can be removed.

Does your deploy anything persist correctly after restart/only the person who placed it can pack on other items? mine had issues

I'll reply to the VKC part in the thread for VKC since I actually want to talk about this and get it resolved.

11 hours ago, salival said:

In testing I am using heliH with deploy anything, I also noticed I can't get an option to pack/remove it. It would be easy to add a check that if there is a helipad nearby to give you the option to remove it, I'll check to see if any other helipad classnames can be removed.

Does your deploy anything persist correctly after restart/only the person who placed it can pack on other items? mine had issues

I'll reply to the VKC part in the thread for VKC since I actually want to talk about this and get it resolved.

none of the heli pads can be removed with deploy anything because they cant be cursortarget (same situation trying to point at them to admin delete with infistar).  have to f4 and set center/radius delete.

deploy anything DOES persist after restart with some edits from the original (not your version - i tried to merge the two with poor results)... fix found in link below - but it has limitations.  If you deploy a vehicle for example you need to claim it for it to stay.  

Also FWIW your install instructions for heli and garage should include what changes need to be made to default cleanup/maintain scripts to deal with the two items or you'll get as load of messages about them magically disappearing =)