Taviana Map Issue

OMGitzSteveo

Question

Hi guys, I have an extremely weird issue i can't get my head around.

Default maps on my server work without issue at all Epoch 1.0.6.1. But say i want to run a map such as tavi, The server breaks and i am met with this error  ErrorMessage: Include file z\addons\dayz_code\gui\description.hpp not found.

I don't understand why? Not only does that file exist but it's not edited in any way. If i remove addon maps then the error goes away. Add tavi back and the error comes back. 

@Taviana is uploaded to the server, Keys in place, Map template is changed to Taviana and @Taviana is added to the start line. Has anyone else had this issue? Desperate for help 

10 answers to this question

A. Post in the correct forum.

B. you need to load @DayZ_Epoch on your client and server. ensure you are using the appropriate mission file for your epoch version. I.e. for 1.0.6.1 you will need to rebuild it from the included files in the server package

C. 0/10 title, please post a meaningful title

I have tried  @Taviana; first in the call line and same issue. My server is fully up to date with  Epoch 1.0.6.1 and is a fresh server. Default maps work without issue at all. But as soon as you add a custom map i get the error as stated above.  All server / client mods are launched correctly and active. 

Well, the description.hpp file you get the error for is part of 1.0.6.1, so you shouldn't be getting the error. Try downloading the client package again, delete your existing @dayz_epoch folder and extract the @dayz_epoch folder from the .7z package into your OA root. Double check your mod string as well

22 hours ago, icomrade said:

Well, the description.hpp file you get the error for is part of 1.0.6.1, so you shouldn't be getting the error. Try downloading the client package again, delete your existing @dayz_epoch folder and extract the @dayz_epoch folder from the .7z package into your OA root. Double check your mod string as well

Issue is still there. Downloaded new client files VIA the official page, Launch server with tavi and

12:31:20 Initializing Steam server - Game Port: 2302, Steam Query Port: 2303

12:31:21 Connected to Steam servers

ErrorMessage: Include file z\addons\dayz_code\gui\description.hpp not found.

Again, If i switch the template to Cherno or any other default map i can join the server without issue, Surely if it was a client / server file issue i would see the same error on default maps too? 

Very confused :( 

Server launch parameters i have tried all 3 of the following which all result in the same error

-mod=@Taviana;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;@DayZ_Epoch;

-mod=@Taviana;@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;

-mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;@Taviana;

My client is set as @Taviana;@DayZ_Epoch;

I have also tried joining VIA dayz launcher and have the same issue(s)

@OMGitzSteveo

So I think, Ive found the reason why you had this problem. I got it too a few mins ago. It is because the dayz launcher renamed the epoch folders.

Epoch 1.0.5.1 folder was @DayZ_Epoch

After the update to Epoch 1.0.6.1 they renamed the folder to:

Epoch 1.0.6.1 to @DayZ_Epoch

Epoch 1.0.5.1 to @DayZ_Epoch1051

I think you started from the client side the wrong mod. Make sure it is really Epoch 1.0.6.1 in both folders, client side and server side.

9 hours ago, A Man said:

@OMGitzSteveo

So I think, Ive found the reason why you had this problem. I got it too a few mins ago. It is because the dayz launcher renamed the epoch folders.

Epoch 1.0.5.1 folder was @DayZ_Epoch

After the update to Epoch 1.0.6.1 they renamed the folder to:

Epoch 1.0.6.1 to @DayZ_Epoch

Epoch 1.0.5.1 to @DayZ_Epoch1051

I think you started from the client side the wrong mod. Make sure it is really Epoch 1.0.6.1 in both folders, client side and server side.

I install mod manually i dont rely on the launcher :)

But i finally had enough earlier and reinstalled everything to do with arma 2. Loaded everything back up and boom! Can join my server no issue now.

I'd like to thank everyone very much for the assistance. It amazes me how good the community here is. I will return the favour one day hopefully :)