custom splash screen

Birgitte

Question

Hey guys, all your help is kick ass, I want to say I haven't been yelled at once for posting in the wrong section and no one has told me to use the search function. Thank you!

I would like to use a custom splash screen for my server. I used to be able to just add it to my root mission folder as logo.jpg, but that doesn't seem to work. Can anyone help me? I am running 1.0.5.1.

You all rock!

7 answers to this question

47 minutes ago, Birgitte said:

Hey guys, all your help is kick ass, I want to say I haven't been yelled at once for posting in the wrong section and no one has told me to use the search function. Thank you!

I would like to use a custom splash screen for my server. I used to be able to just add it to my root mission folder as logo.jpg, but that doesn't seem to work. Can anyone help me? I am running 1.0.5.1.

You all rock!

If you search, you will find the answer for this.

Nah, just kidding

in description.ext in your mission folder: change

loadScreen = "\z\addons\dayz_code\gui\loadingscreen.paa";

to

loadScreen = "logo.jpg";

And obviously make sure the logo.jpg is in your mission root.

1 hour ago, heroesandbandits said:

Any help for Overpoch 1.0.6.1?

I followed the same steps @salival mentioned above. When connecting to server I get this error:

Cannot load textures.. and path to the location of the new loadingscreen.jpg (which is in the root of my missions folder)

As @WLFmentioned make sure it's the right dimensions, nothing changes between epoch and overpoch to make this work.