Birgitte

Question

Good afternoon friends,

The server is coming along fine with all of your help. I am having some issues that are making game play difficult for my players. At times, the server seems to have a delay with responding to actions. When you try to get in a vehicle, you will get the standard action movement and then stand there waiting for entry. there is a delay, sometimes a few seconds, sometimes a few minutes, then you are in the vehicle. This also happens when shooting AI or zombies. You fire a head shot and they still can attack you for a few seconds or minutes until they just die. This can have obvious adverse effects and players want to go play something else. I have upgraded my server service to what is supposed to be the best nitrado has to offer so i don't think that is the issue. My RPT log is spamming like this a bunch. What can i do to fix this?

Server: Object 3:665 not found (message 99)
Server: Object 3:663 not found (message 99)

If this is in the wrong place please forgive me and let me know where to go. You have all been a great help so far.

=o)

20 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, Birgitte said:

Good afternoon friends,

The server is coming along fine with all of your help. I am having some issues that are making game play difficult for my players. At times, the server seems to have a delay with responding to actions. When you try to get in a vehicle, you will get the standard action movement and then stand there waiting for entry. there is a delay, sometimes a few seconds, sometimes a few minutes, then you are in the vehicle. This also happens when shooting AI or zombies. You fire a head shot and they still can attack you for a few seconds or minutes until they just die. This can have obvious adverse effects and players want to go play something else. I have upgraded my server service to what is supposed to be the best nitrado has to offer so i don't think that is the issue. My RPT log is spamming like this a bunch. What can i do to fix this?

If this is in the wrong place please forgive me and let me know where to go. You have all been a great help so far.

=o)

That's wierd about the lag, do you have night time enabled?

Those messages are annoying but somewhat normal i've come to find.

Does your server ever say anything about FPS in the server log?

i.e 11:27:11 "SERVER FPS: 35  PLAYERS: 2"

8 minutes ago, Birgitte said:

"SERVER FPS: 47   PLAYERS: 1"

Its hard to know without seeing logfiles, you post put your server and client .RPT on pastebin or similar?

To find your client .RPT: C:\users\<YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Arma 2 OA\ArmA2OA.RPT

What mods are you running? 

Epoch 1.0.6 or 1.0.5.1?

4 minutes ago, Birgitte said:

Client side rpt (part): http://pastebin.com/8u4S0nfe

Server side (part) : http://pastebin.com/f4DX3cba

I'm running a simple debug monitor, DZMS, and deploy anything with the default settings. Everything else I'm doing is just additions from  configVariables.sqf.

I sent you a message with my email, can you email the whole server log?

25 minutes ago, Birgitte said:

ok, and thank you.

Well, I can't see anything obvious but something is causing an issue, in your server RPT you can see right from bootup (even while stuff is starting up) that the errors start.

Are you using a fresh database or a converted one?

I would be looking at starting from scratch and see if the issue remains (especially with a fresh database)

Nitrado has a service where you select arma2oa and then the mod and it is all set up for you. You then have access to all the files to set things up the way you want. They are working with steam so I assume it's all the latest updates. The armored SUV was the wrong one on the vehicle list though, I saw that and fixed it.

2 hours ago, stirrific said:

i use gtx for my main servers and had no issues with them... only had to contact support once to switch gaming profile and that was resolved within a hour.. but like any hosts everyone has there own preference and experience. 

I used gtx on my 1.0.5.1 server, they were pretty reliable in how the server ran, hardly any downtime, just I felt they oversold their servers, 4-8 fps with 2-3 players on and 3k objects in the database, the performance wasn't really there.

4-8? damn my servers during peak times have 13 - 15 players on with 6 hour restarts and fps has never dropped below 25 for me. but as i said everyone has different experiences with different hosts.

though saying that there has been odd times where server has dropped connection for like 5 mins or so every now and then always over looked it but for price i think i can live with that... cant afford dedicated server atm well could but i don't play as much anymore to warrant the cost.