Player of DayZ Standalone

Bittercup

Hey everyone,

I just joined.  I don't own Arma3(yet).  Years ago I got into the original DayZ mod for Arma2... the only reason why I bought Arma2 was BECAUSE of that mod lol.

I bought the DayZ Standalone when it was first pre-released... boy did it suck.  I started playing again a few months ago and really got into it...  but it's so buggy still, and there are no vehicles.  Boo.  It takes TOO DAMN LONG to play.

I'm wondering if I bought Arma3 and started playing this Epoch mod if I could be satisfied?  Is it as "full featured" as the DayZ Standalone is... or is it more restricted like the Arma2 mod was?

The base building looks REALLY cool...  I'm also interested in hosting my own server, I don't have to buy hosting from a company like with DayZ Standalone I hope?

Thanks,

Cliff

Not exactly in my opinion, both arma 3 mods of that sort, epoch and exile, granted exile is much more like wasteland (don't kill me, just giving both sides since I have tried both) and at the current moment arma 2 feels much better for a survival aspect, arma 3 feels too death match like for me and or doesn't really add up mechanics wise, however there are many videos out there on both mods for you to look! My personal preference is just to stick with arma 2 for a little bit longer until standalone finally has mod support or arma 3's epoch mod gets polished up a little bit, cheers! 

EDIT: You can make your own server but it takes a little work, however it's pretty nice to have, base building is a little complicated for my tastes but I overall enjoy it